By xanderharris86, Senior Member on 7th February 2013, 03:25 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th August 2016, 08:01 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACDRAGON

Also .properties.txt to .properties
somehow the phone or filemanager automatically assigned extensions to the files.
I'm using oneplus x.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake_pliskin

I just had an odd experience recently (as in yesterday) and this thread didn't help. however, I found something new that might help other ppl.

A brief background, I took a backup from my first S5 (now being utilized by my wife) then copied the files from the phone memory to the SD card. After setting up my second S5 (flashed then root process) copied the backup files from SD card to the phohe memory. But when I ran TB it can't find/detect the files, so meaning I wasn't able to restore anything. What's odd is I didn't experience this when I first setup my wife's S5, all went very smooth.

After many hours of digging I finally found a solution (in my case, at least). All I did was to rename all the backup files with extensions .gz.zip to .gz and wallah!

Hope this helps.

Thanks u guys... worked great after an hour of trying to figure out what went wrong. Opened the backup folder in windows & used command prompt to rename the files using RENAME *.gz.zip *. & RENAME *.properties.txt *.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raghu102 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raghu102 Ad-Free

21st March 2017, 06:55 PM |#42  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomoose68

I just had this issue after flashing a Rom. I had the correct backup location set and could see the backups in the folder, but under Restore they didn't show. Finally, figured out that there was a filter on by default and it was screening out all but System backups. I've never seen a filter affect this area before, only ever used it to filter under the Backup/Restore tab, not under the Check Mark list of options. When I changed the filter to ALL, then the backups magically appeared.

Hope this helps someone else, since this thread kind of went off track.

Thanks this post saved me. XDA is truly great knowledge base. I had clean flashed twice but still no app in restore section.
But never faced this issue with TB before this.
10th July 2018, 08:02 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu102

Thanks u guys... worked great after an hour of trying to figure out what went wrong. Opened the backup folder in windows & used command prompt to rename the files using RENAME *.gz.zip *. & RENAME *.properties.txt *.

Thanks for that, happened to me today!
28th August 2018, 12:17 AM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
WOW thank you! This needs to be a sticky!!! This wasn't the first time I've lost TB backups. This 100% works. Just remove: .zip and .txt from ALL the files names. Technically TB can fix this, this has to be a bug in their app I'm thinking probably between newer and older versions of the app maybe?

I personally didn't do this manually. I pulled all the files to my laptop and used software to remove last 4 characters from all the files, but I'm sure there are apps on the play store for quick file renaming or removing characters to save you time

PS you can do this with an FREE android app called "Bulk Rename Wizard", used the "edit filename extension" and when it asks you what the new extension name is, just leave it blank this way it will rename all the .txt and .zip to blank basically removing them.
28th October 2018, 12:42 PM |#45  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supak111

WOW thank you! This needs to be a sticky!!! This wasn't the first time I've lost TB backups. This 100% works. Just remove: .zip and .txt from ALL the files names. Technically TB can fix this, this has to be a bug in their app I'm thinking probably between newer and older versions of the app maybe?

I personally didn't do this manually. I pulled all the files to my laptop and used software to remove last 4 characters from all the files, but I'm sure there are apps on the play store for quick file renaming or removing characters to save you time

PS you can do this with an FREE android app called "Bulk Rename Wizard", used the "edit filename extension" and when it asks you what the new extension name is, just leave it blank this way it will rename all the .txt and .zip to blank basically removing them.

Bulk Rename Wizard 2.1 doesnt support the OP5 anymore. I found 2.0 somewhere and it worked fine thx! Should be a feature inside TitBackup...
11th June 2019, 06:32 PM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thanks
muchas gracias!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)