[ROM][SNAPSHOT][8.1] LineageOS 15.1 for Xperia SP

Search This thread

AdrianDC

Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2009
Île-de-France
adriandc.github.io
For information: I have been extremely busy with work over the last months,
and spend when I can the little free time I have on my Sony 8960 devices and LineageOS.

New 15.1 release: I just triggered a new 15.1 release for the Sony Xperia SP / T / TX / V to refresh the last one from August.

There's about one thing that makes me against moving to 15.1 officially, including for other Sony 8960 devices of the family,
and it needs time to be done properly and ready for official releases.

About Android Pie: The AOSP 9.0 and LineageOS 16.0 releases I made since the Android Pie release (for internal testing only initially..)
are almost finished as I (and some people I know) use it as daily since the start as well.

I'll see if I have time to take care of a few things within the next weekend for the 16.0 sources.

Evilmonk100

Jun 6, 2018
and spend when I can the little free time I have on my Sony 8960 devices and LineageOS.

New 15.1 release: I just triggered a new 15.1 release for the Sony Xperia SP / T / TX / V to refresh the last one from August.

There's about one thing that makes me against moving to 15.1 officially, including for other Sony 8960 devices of the family,

About Android Pie: The AOSP 9.0 and LineageOS 16.0 releases I made since the Android Pie release (for internal testing only initially..)
are almost finished as I (and some people I know) use it as daily since the start as well.

I'll see if I have time to take care of a few things within the next weekend for the 16.0 sources.

Once again thank you so much bro. Bro if got free time then plz make magisk 17.1 flashable zip for xperia sp. So that we can use it with lineage 16 os. Thank you.

hannor

Nov 30, 2015
Budapest
About Android Pie: The AOSP 9.0 and LineageOS 16.0 releases I made since the Android Pie release (for internal testing only initially..) are almost finished as I (and some people I know) use it as daily since the start as well.
Dear Adrian, massive gratitude for your continuous work! I just installed your Android Pie (1 Oct release), it is awsome! I think it deserves a brand new thread here on XDA!

AdrianDC

Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2009
Île-de-France
adriandc.github.io
Dear Adrian, massive gratitude for your continuous work! I just installed your Android Pie (1 Oct release), it is awsome! I think it deserves a brand new thread here on XDA!

I also think it does, since 1 - 2 months, but haven't had time to actually do it.
I'll probably do it next time I can work on it.

Note: I rewrote all my Mega shell tools to implement mega-cmd instead of megatools,
for various reasons most of my releases since a few months were failing to release on my Mega main downloads.

scruffy1

hey ho !

i'm in the midst of downloading lineage-16.0-20181001-UNOFFICIAL-huashan (thanks adrianDC), and keen to have any comments from users

can i do a dirty flash, or am i damned to go for a clean install - no big deal, but if it ain't broke (and the rom i run works really well) - then i'm not in a hurry to break it

cheers for any info before i commit to the change

ps. i note that the ring volume is pretty low on 15.1 also, and the vibration close to zero - any simple work arounds ?
other than that i have been loving this rom long time :D

hannor

Nov 30, 2015
Budapest
can i do a dirty flash, or am i damned to go for a clean install - no big deal, but if it ain't broke (and the rom i run works really well) - then i'm not in a hurry to break it
ps. i note that the ring volume is pretty low on 15.1 also, and the vibration close to zero - any simple work arounds ?
Hi scruffy,
I cannot remember whether I did a dirty flash or a clean install, but I can assure you that the ring volume in Lineage 16.0 is perfectly loud.

scruffy1

Hi scruffy,
I cannot remember whether I did a dirty flash or a clean install, but I can assure you that the ring volume in Lineage 16.0 is perfectly loud.

thanks hannor

i'll give it a run :good:

edit

well, the ring is a bit louder; the vibration is definitely more intense

downsides :
  • google search bar is tenacious and can't be disappeared, although you can make other screens and ignore it
  • all the lovely setting for the camera seem to have been lost - is this just pending, or do i have to load something i forgot to do ?
  • the screen brightness goes to volume 11 (if you've seen spinal tap, you'll get what i mean)
but it all seems to work okay otherwise

Last edited:
Reactions: hannor

cdewsxSP

Oct 31, 2017
AdrianDC
Dear Adrian, please pay attention to bootloader:
in line "/ dev / block / zram0 none wap defaults zramsize = 419430400, zramstreams = 2"
should be replaced by
"/ dev / block / zram0 none wap defaults zramsize = 536870912, notrim" for low ram false
and "/ dev / block / zram0 none wap defaults zramsize = 268435456 " for low ram true
why so, because "zramstreams = 2" is not a valid command and dual compression stream is heavy for 8960 (only 1 streem), but if you really need to, write
on early-init
**** write / sys / block / zram0 / comp_algorithm lz4
**** write / sys / block / zram0 / max_comp_streams 2
and one more line
write / sys / module / msm_show_resume_irq / parameters / debug_mask 1
must be deleted or replaced by
write / sys / module / msm_show_resume_irq / parameters / debug_mask 0
After these changes, device works faste.
...command notrim - do not unload of zram compressed data, which gives a high performance.

Reactions: Ungewiss

Ungewiss

Nov 14, 2013
AdrianDC
Dear Adrian, please pay attention to bootloader:
in line "/ dev / block / zram0 none wap defaults zramsize = 419430400, zramstreams = 2"
should be replaced by
"/ dev / block / zram0 none wap defaults zramsize = 536870912, notrim" for low ram false
and "/ dev / block / zram0 none wap defaults zramsize = 268435456 " for low ram true
why so, because "zramstreams = 2" is not a valid command and dual compression stream is heavy for 8960 (only 1 streem), but if you really need to, write
on early-init
**** write / sys / block / zram0 / comp_algorithm lz4
**** write / sys / block / zram0 / max_comp_streams 2
and one more line
write / sys / module / msm_show_resume_irq / parameters / debug_mask 1
must be deleted or replaced by
write / sys / module / msm_show_resume_irq / parameters / debug_mask 0
After these changes, device works faste.
...command notrim - do not unload of zram compressed data, which gives a high performance.

Since I was about to build myself a new 15.1 today, I will test your suggestions. Thanks!

Edit: Your suggestion is not too different from Adrian's settings. The kernel doc and modinfo for zram do not say anything about some 'notrim' option. The number of threads is automatically determined according to the kernel doc. I tried and did not find any improvements to Adrian's settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: rbertoche

NyQuilXT

Jan 15, 2016
Hi,

I noticed some strange behavior with sound / music playback using headphones.
When using headphones and playing music through some music app (tested with AIMP, DI.FM and also Eleven) music plays fine until I open android settings or opening the app recents list - also turning off the display makes me hear nothing anymore while the music app still playing the music ... visualization on lockscreen is still there (when turning on the display again)...lights effects too...plugging out the headphones and then plugging them in again fixes the problem / silence...until next action like opening the app recents or so..very strange...

Can someone confirm that behavior? I've tested it on two huashans...

NyQuilXT :)

Dragonkind

Aug 4, 2012
Chureki
Sony Huashan migrated to LineageOS 15.1, the manual networks selection has been resolved.
Hi, Adrian, I had sent you an email about half month ago. It was about a cross-device bug of LineageOS 14.x and 15.x, did you notice it?
If not, here's the description:

When I long-press screenshot option (the one in power menu) into partial screenshot mode, and do nothing then exit partial screenshot, it will be unable to take screenshot with power menu again unless rebooting. But I can still take screenshot with physical keys.

Another similar bug happens when I enable airplane mode with power menu, it will be unable to disable airplane mode with power menu. I need to disable it with Settings or quick settings tile first, then I can enable airplane mode again but after that still can't disable with power menu.

I had tried to fix it by myself, but no idea about how to do. Not sure if this bug also happened on 16.0, so I feedback to you and wish being able to get your help. Thank you first here!

scruffy1

Hi, Adrian, I had sent you an email about half month ago. It was about a cross-device bug of LineageOS 14.x and 15.x, did you notice it?
If not, here's the description:

When I long-press screenshot option (the one in power menu) into partial screenshot mode, and do nothing then exit partial screenshot, it will be unable to take screenshot with power menu again unless rebooting. But I can still take screenshot with physical keys.

Another similar bug happens when I enable airplane mode with power menu, it will be unable to disable airplane mode with power menu. I need to disable it with Settings or quick settings tile first, then I can enable airplane mode again but after that still can't disable with power menu.

I had tried to fix it by myself, but no idea about how to do. Not sure if this bug also happened on 16.0, so I feedback to you and wish being able to get your help. Thank you first here!

i'm running lineage 16.0 - lineage-16.0-20181001-UNOFFICIAL-huashan

screenshot seems to work fine, as does airplane mode... at least for me it does

my only complaint for 16 vs 15 is that the beautiful (i presume pixel) camera settings have now regressed to very basic only

is it possible to port the previous camera set up to 16 ?
i rarely use the phone for pics, but that was really impressive as a backup strategy when i wasn't carrying the rx100 (adrian isn't the only sony fetishist :D)

Reactions: Dragonkind

xdagops

Jul 5, 2014
i'm running lineage 16.0 - lineage-16.0-20181001-UNOFFICIAL-huashan

screenshot seems to work fine, as does airplane mode... at least for me it does

my only complaint for 16 vs 15 is that the beautiful (i presume pixel) camera settings have now regressed to very basic only

is it possible to port the previous camera set up to 16 ?
i rarely use the phone for pics, but that was really impressive as a backup strategy when i wasn't carrying the rx100 (adrian isn't the only sony fetishist :D)

Just to add that when I tried version 16 the camera app did not recognise my SD card.
I have reverted back to 15 experimental.

Thanks again Adrian.

LaRazón

Jan 26, 2018
I'm on the aosp rom atm, if I want to try this one, is it ok to just flash everything from twrp? What about the order?

scruffy1

I'm on the aosp rom atm, if I want to try this one, is it ok to just flash everything from twrp? What about the order?

clean flash for the win

rom first, then gapps, but as a single process with them lined up, clean the dalvik / cache > reboot to system and wait for the requisite stabilisation

enjoy !

only detriment is that the phone ring volume is not as loud as aosp ;(

Reactions: LaRazón

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Lineage-Header_zps5k1so3nb.png~original

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.x (Oreo),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : http://lineageos.org
    About the LineageOS 15.1 features : https://www.xda-developers.com/lineageos-15-feature-list-overview-screenshots-video/
    About the LineageOS 15.1 release : https://lineageos.org/Changelog-16/

Downloads Links
    LineageOS 15.x (Unlocked Bootloader) :
    Xperia SP (Huashan) - Official : https://download.lineageos.org/huashan
    Xperia SP (Huashan) - Development : https://mega.nz/#F!G0UhlDQB!inUr23iQ9L2KKraBZRwvTg

Google Applications (optional) :
    OpenGapps : http://opengapps.org/ (Use packages for ARM, Android 8.x, Micro)
    MindTheGapps : https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=170282 (Use packages for ARM, Android 8.x)
    Information : Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Recommended Recovery (optional) :
    TWRP 3.x : http://xdaforums.com/xperia-sp/orig-development/-t3309938

Configure the default Low-RAM features (optional) :
    Low-RAM Property Patcher : http://xdaforums.com/-/-t3737373

Informations and references :
    Kernel CVEs : Security patches status https://cve.lineageos.org/android_kernel_sony_msm8960t
    About LineageOS updates : ChangeLog available on https://download.lineageos.org/huashan/changes/
    About LineageOS device side : See my GitHub trees linked below

Flashing and updating
    LineageOS clean install :
    - (Optional) Flash the boot.img kernel from the ROM zip with Fastboot or Flashtool
    - (Optional) Install TWRP Recovery to the FOTA partition (Read the TWRP thread)
    - (Optional) Wipe the data & cache (Backup to make sure not to lose data)
    - Flash the LineageOS ROM zip from recovery
    - (Optional) Flash a GApps package to have the Google Applications
    - (Optional) Every additional zip you want to flash
    - Reboot

LineageOS update / upgrade :
    - (Warning) Do not update / upgrade between OFFICIAL and UNOFFICIAL builds
    - (Information) Do not wipe anything unless you want to
    - Flash the latest LineageOS ROM zip from recovery
    - (Optional) Flash a GApps package on first install / upgrade. Not required later, but do update sometimes
    - (Optional) Every additional zip you want to flash
    - Reboot

LineageOS addonsu for root access :
    - (Information) Read the Root section of the Q&A thread
    - (Download) Download the addonsu for arm : LineageOS Downloads / Extras
    - (Optional) Flash the zip on a working Lineage installation (once)
    - (Information) Upon ROM updates, the addonsu is preserved
    - Reboot

About the builds

Issues and reports
    - Report issues only if you use the ROM kernel
    - If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    - Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    - Share a log of the error with CatLog for example

Q&A - FAQ
    LineageOS 15.1 Mint / Hayabusa / Tsubasa Regular Questions and Answers : Q&A Thread

About LineageOS Legal : http://lineageos.org/legal/

The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved
    in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

LineageOS available for Xperia SP also thanks to :
    - Google AOSP
    - The LineageOS Team
    - CodeAurora Forums
    - The CyanogenMod Team​

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Sony Xperia SP

Contributors
    AdrianDC
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-03-03
    Last Updated 2020-08-15

FEATURES AND ISSUES
    Code:
    - Boot : Ok
    - GApps : OpenGApps Micro recommended
    - Partitions (Data, Cache) : Ext4 and F2FS supported
    - Bluetooth : Ok
    - WiFi : Ok
    - WiFi Hotspot : Ok
    - RIL - Phone - Data : Ok
    - GPS : Ok
    - Camera : Ok
    - Camcorder : Ok
    - Lights : Ok
    - MicroSD : Ok
    - Accelerometer : Ok
    - Compass : Ok
    - Gyroscope : Ok
    - AOSP sensors : Ok
    - Touchscreen : Ok
    - FM Radio : Ok
    - Vibrator : Ok
    - Microphone : Ok
    - Audio & music : Ok
    - Bluetooth audio : Ok
    - NFC : Ok
    - Kernel : Ok
    - Graphics : Ok
    - 3D Rendering : Ok
    - Clock : Ok
    - DRM : Ok
    - Offline Charging : Ok
    - USB : Ok
    - USB OTG : Ok
    - Encryption : Ok
    - SEPolicies : Enforcing

ALSO WORKING ON SONY HUASHAN
    Huashan-Music-Lights-Effects.jpg

IMPORTANT FEATURES TO KNOW
    • Boot sequence : Once the LEDs light up :
      - Press Volume - to open AOSP Recovery,
      - Press Volume + to open the FOTA recovery (TWRP usually) if available
    • Powered-off alarm : When you have set an alarm
      - If you power down the device, it will wake automatically 5 minutes before
      - If you let the device charge offline, it will automatically reboot 5 minutes before
    • Gestures : Events like hand-wave and pocket removal can be enabled in the Settings
    • Force reboot : You can reset the device by holding Power and Volume+ 5 seconds
    Changes log
    • 21/12 : Official nightly migration over Android 8.1.0_r52 December

• 14/08 : Upgrade stable release on Android 8.1.0_r43 August
      >>> Multiple Kernel CVE patches and improvements
      >>> New settings for the status bar's clock (position, AM/PM)
      >>> Black lights selection resolved (blue light glitch)
      >>> Backuptool securities re-enabled (always update GApps for Oreo upgrades)
      >>> Media volume now has 25 steps instead of 15, call volume 7 instead of 5
      >>> Improvements to trigger the bootanimation earlier on boot
    • 12/07 : Upgrade stable release on Android 8.1.0_r36 July
      >>> Fully black mode implemented for Night mode
      >>> New carbon black style added for Light mode
      >>> Vendor security patch level added to device informations
      >>> Trust warnings management improved with toggles
      >>> Platform and RAM added to the About / Model & hardware dialog
    • 25/06 : Upgrade stable release on Android 8.1.0_r30 June
      >>> Introduced LineageOS Trust features
      >>> Status bar icons tints resolved: Battery percentage, VPN, network indicators
      >>> AOSP TwilightService reverted for LiveDisplay to prevent GPS always on
      >>> LineageOS Recovery new install/progress animation
    • 27/05 : Update stable release on Android 8.1.0_r26 May
      >>> CellularTile now has a detail view for Mobile Data
      >>> Dialer / Settings / Sounds and vibration settings improvements:
      ----- Do Not Disturb during calls option added
      >>> Snap GPS location feature fixed
      >>> Trebuchet Launcher improvements:
      ----- Predictive apps switch between day / night / headphones
      >>> Merged fixes for LineageOS properties and backuptool barriers
    • 11/05 : Upgrade stable release on Android 8.1.0_r26 May
      >>> LineageOS build structure changes / improvements
      >>> Work in progress fixes around LineageOS properties and backuptool barriers
      >>> Minor fix about the offline charger LED battery indicator
    • 05/05 : Update stable release on Android 8.1.0_r20 April
      >>> My implementation of FBNotifier backlight in the LEDs kernel driver
      ----- Resolves backlight always on issues in offline charger
      ----- Proper low-level solution avoiding deprecated brightness controls
      >>> Offline charger boot will reboot the device rather than direct boot
      ----- Restored the default AOSP behaviour for better support
      ----- Improves usability for MultiROM users (access to secondary ROMs)
      >>> Offline charger LED battery indicator brought back
    • 29/04 : Update stable release on Android 8.1.0_r20 April
      >>> Evolutions from frameworks/av to support legacy HAL1 Camcorder properly
      ----- Final solution found with Milos Ratkovic
      ----- Camcorder running fine on 720p and 1080p
    • 12/04 : Upgrade stable release on Android 8.1.0_r20 April
      >>> Common ROM sources updates
      >>> Minor device sources changes
      >>> Recent kernel CVEs updates thanks to Roman Yarullin
    • 31/03 : Upgrade stable release on Android 8.1.0_r15 March
      >>> Evolutions from frameworks/av to support legacy HAL1 Camcorder
      >>> Camcorder running fine on 720p YUV (restricted for now)
      >>> DocumentsUI (Files) showing internal storage by default
      >>> Logcat's Diag_Lib spam resolved and silenced
      >>> Sources improvements and cleanups related to AOSP P-DP1
      >>> Kernel binder 64 bits API
      >>> Lineage HighTouchSensitivity option brought back

• 02/03 : Initial LineageOS 15.1 public XDA release
      >>> Status equal to equivalent AOSP 8.1 releases
    • 18/02 : Initial LineageOS 15.1 test users release
      >>> Status equal to equivalent AOSP 8.1 releases
    • 2017: Initial LineageOS 15.0 ports, internal bringup
      >>> Kept private in favour of the AOSP 8.0 / 8.1 releases
    • 29/04 : Update stable release on Android 8.1.0_r20 April
      >>> Evolutions from frameworks/av to support legacy HAL1 Camcorder properly
      ----- Final solution found with Milos Ratkovic
      ----- Camcorder running fine on 720p and 1080p