[HOWTO] INSTALL STOCK FIRMWARE USING CWM/TWRP even w/a DEAD USB Port

Search This thread

corbuli

Aug 24, 2016
GUIDE TO FLASHING STOCK FIRMWARE FOR ATT AND ROGERS I727 SKYROCKET PHONES WITHOUT USING ODIN OR KIES

THIS METHOD APPLYS TO:
  • ONLY FOR PHONES THAT CAN BOOT INTO A CUSTOM RECOVERY CWM/TWRP
  • USERS WHO CANT USE ODIN AND/OR KIES FOR WHATEVER REASON
  • PHONES WITH A BAD USB PORT
  • HAVE USB CONNECTIVITY ISSUES
  • MAC USERS WITH A CUSTOM RECOVERY ALREADY INSTALLED.
  • YOU ARE ON A CUSTOM ROM WITH USB PROBLEMS AND NEED TO RETURN TO STOCK FOR WARRANTY REPAIRS
  • NOTE: USING THIS GUIDE TO RETURN TO STOCK WILL PERMANENTLY UNROOT THE PHONE, BUT CAN BE REROOTED AFTER IF NEEDED.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for your devices, follow guide at your own risk!
READ THE WHOLE POST

HOW TO ENTER INTO RECOVERY MODE, INSTRUCTIONS HERE STEP #4
GUIDE PRESUMES YOU ALREADY KNOW HOW TO INSTALL/FLASH FILES FROM RECOVERY

YOU NEED TO HAVE ONE OF THE RECOMMENDED CUSTOM RECOVERIES ALREADY INSTALLED ON THE PHONE SUCH AS CWM OR TWRP, LINKS IN THE DOWNLOAD SECTION BELOW

IN THIS GUIDE YOU WILL BE INSTALLING THE STOCK FIRMWARE ZIP FILE
OPTIONAL: INSTALLING THE STOCK RECOVERY ZIP FILE ONLY IF YOU NEED TO RETURN FOR WARRANTY, OTHERWISE NOT RECOMMENDED TO INSTALL

GETTING THE STOCK FIRMWARE TO YOUR PHONE

OPTION 1: IF YOUR ABLE TO BOOT INTO ANY ROM:

• YOU HAVE A WORKING USB CONNECTION:
    • Download the files and transfer the files from your computer to your internal or external sdcard

• YOU DONT HAVE A WORKING USB CONNECTION: USE EITHER METHOD "A" OR "B" OR "C":

• METHOD A: From the phone use xda app or browser and navigate to this page and download the files directly to your device from the links provided below, then move them to the root of your internal or external sdcard, it will make it easier to find.
    • METHOD B: Use airdroid wirelwss appor kies air to transfer your files from your computer to your phone through your wifi connection and place them in the root of your internal or external sdcard
    • METHOD C: use an external sdcard reader/writer or another phone that has a micro sdcard slot and transfer files from your computer to the root of the external sdcard, then insert the sdcard back into the phone.

OPTION 2: YOUR NOT ABLE TO BOOT BUT CAN GET INTO A CUSTOM RECOVERY: USE EITHER METHOD "A" OR "B":
  • METHOD A: If usb port works: enable usb mount in custom recovery and transfer files to the root of your sdcard
  • METHOD B: If usb port doesnt work: use an external sdcard reader/writer or another phone that has a micro sdcard slot and transfer files from your computer to the root of the external sdcard, then insert the sdcard back into the phone.

FLASHING THE FILES

FIRMWARE

ENTER INTO RECOVERY MODE
PERFORM A RESET AND WIPE BOTH CACHES
INSTALL THE STOCK FIRMWARE ZIP FILE
ONLY INSTALL THE STOCK FIRMWARE(NOT THE STOCK RECOVERY ZIP FILE) THEN REBOOT THE PHONE INTO ANDROID TO CHECK IF IT BOOTS PROPERLY
YOUR GOOD LIKE THIS IF YOU JUST WANTED STOCK BACK ON YOUR PHONE

STOCK RECOVERY: ONLY RECOMMENDED IF RETURNING FOR WARRANTY REPAIR AND NEED TO SHOW FULL STOCK

TO GET THE STOCK RECOVERY ZIP FILE ONTO THE SDCARD FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE FIRMWARE GUIDE ABOVE
ENTER INTO RECOVERY MODE
INSTALL THE STOCK RECOVERY ZIP FILE, ONCE YOU DO THIS YOU WILL LOSE THE CUSTOM RECOVERY
IF YOU CANT USE ODIN THERE IS NO WAY TO REINSTALL A CUSTOM RECOVERY ON THE SKYROCKET ONCE THE STOCK RECOVERY HAS BEEN INSTALLED.
REBOOT PHONE INTO RECOVERY TO SEE IF THE STOCK RECOVERY FLASHED PROPERLY.

DOWNLOADS

MOVED TO THE 1STOP STICKY
USE CWM/TWRP FLASHABLE FIRMWARES

hey- thanks for all your work here!
there is one thing i dont understand. normaly a specific firmware is necessary for each device isn't it? or can i just install the ones i find following the downloadlink on any device?
my phone is a Galaxy A3 (A320Fl) with a dead USB.

vincom

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
hey- thanks for all your work here!
there is one thing i dont understand. normaly a specific firmware is necessary for each device isn't it? or can i just install the ones i find following the downloadlink on any device?
my phone is a Galaxy A3 (A320Fl) with a dead USB.
only use fw for ur device

IODroids

Sep 30, 2014
Mumbai
Thanks seems support from my device #redmi note 4 is dead and after installing twrp, (it seems due to my mistake) i lost OS..

Just confirmed this guide following a google query "flash stock rom from twrp" and hopefully will do needful. ty

gonzikorn

Apr 8, 2015
cordoba
hello bro! how i make to create the zip firmware by twrp? i download the original firmware for device and i don`t know how use it for create the same firmware but that i can flash by twrp. sorry for my bad english

Witzker

Sep 13, 2015
How to create a zip file from .tar.md5

Hi
My Firmware file is: T525XXUANC4_T525DBTAND1_T525XXUANC1_HOME.tar.md5

when I extract it with WinRAR there are several files in the folder:
see attached picture
https://dl.xda-cdn.com/5/0/9/0/1/9/9/tar.md5_files.jpg?key=auLHTgGl1xzOZFXEfNiVpA&ts=1598967700

How to go on?

Shall I remove the file:
recovery.img
and zip the remaining files of the folder with WinRAR as "Stock.zip"
then go to TWRP and install it??

Pls. Confirm or pls. Tell me what else I should do!

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2015
GUIDE TO FLASHING STOCK FIRMWARE FOR ATT AND ROGERS I727 SKYROCKET PHONES WITHOUT USING ODIN OR KIES

THIS METHOD APPLYS TO:
  • YOU ARE ON A CUSTOM ROM WITH USB PROBLEMS AND NEED TO RETURN TO STOCK FOR WARRANTY REPAIRS
  • NOTE: USING THIS GUIDE TO RETURN TO STOCK WILL PERMANENTLY UNROOT THE PHONE, BUT CAN BE REROOTED AFTER IF NEEDED.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for your devices, follow guide at your own risk!
READ THE WHOLE POST

HOW TO ENTER INTO RECOVERY MODE
, INSTRUCTIONS HERE STEP #4

YOU NEED TO HAVE ONE OF THE RECOMMENDED CUSTOM RECOVERIES ALREADY INSTALLED ON THE PHONE SUCH AS CWM OR TWRP, LINKS IN THE DOWNLOAD SECTION BELOW

OPTIONAL: INSTALLING THE STOCK RECOVERY ZIP FILE ONLY IF YOU NEED TO RETURN FOR WARRANTY, OTHERWISE NOT RECOMMENDED TO INSTALL

OPTION 1:
IF YOUR ABLE TO BOOT INTO ANY ROM:

• Download the files and transfer the files from your computer to your internal or external sdcard

• METHOD A: From the phone use xda app or browser and navigate to this page and download the files directly to your device from the links provided below, then move them to the root of your internal or external sdcard, it will make it easier to find.
    • METHOD B: Use airdroid wirelwss appor kies air to transfer your files from your computer to your phone through your wifi connection and place them in the root of your internal or external sdcard
    • METHOD C: use an external sdcard reader/writer or another phone that has a micro sdcard slot and transfer files from your computer to the root of the external sdcard, then insert the sdcard back into the phone.

OPTION 2: YOUR NOT ABLE TO BOOT BUT CAN GET INTO A CUSTOM RECOVERY: USE EITHER METHOD "A" OR "B":
  • METHOD A: If usb port works: enable usb mount in custom recovery and transfer files to the root of your sdcard
  • METHOD B: If usb port doesnt work: use an external sdcard reader/writer or another phone that has a micro sdcard slot and transfer files from your computer to the root of the external sdcard, then insert the sdcard back into the phone.

FLASHING THE FILES

FIRMWARE

ENTER INTO RECOVERY MODE
ONLY INSTALL THE STOCK FIRMWARE(NOT THE STOCK RECOVERY ZIP FILE) THEN REBOOT THE PHONE INTO ANDROID TO CHECK IF IT BOOTS PROPERLY

STOCK RECOVERY: ONLY RECOMMENDED IF RETURNING FOR WARRANTY REPAIR AND NEED TO SHOW FULL STOCK

TO GET THE STOCK RECOVERY ZIP FILE ONTO THE SDCARD FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE FIRMWARE GUIDE ABOVE
ENTER INTO RECOVERY MODE
INSTALL THE STOCK RECOVERY ZIP FILE, ONCE YOU DO THIS YOU WILL LOSE THE CUSTOM RECOVERY
IF YOU CANT USE ODIN THERE IS NO WAY TO REINSTALL A CUSTOM RECOVERY ON THE SKYROCKET ONCE THE STOCK RECOVERY HAS BEEN INSTALLED.

DOWNLOADS

USE CWM/TWRP FLASHABLE FIRMWARESwhat do you lw

THIS METHOD APPLYS TO:

READ THE WHOLE POST

OPTION 1:

FLASHING THE FILES

FIRMWARE

ENTER INTO RECOVERY MODE

ENTER INTO RECOVERY MODE

DOWNLOADS

So I'll download the Samsung Firmware and will not extract it, I'll directly flash the tar file?

My device is Samsung A7 2017, wanted to back to Oreo 8.0 from Lineage Android 11.

govindpaad

Jul 12, 2023
P

THIS METHOD APPLYS TO:

READ THE WHOLE POST

OPTION 1:

FLASHING THE FILES

FIRMWARE

ENTER INTO RECOVERY MODE

ENTER INTO RECOVERY MODE

DOWNLOADS

Please explain that using twrp how can I install stock ROM having .tar.md5 files without odin with TWRP, i must convert these files into any other format or i have to just install them by twrp , thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

THIS METHOD APPLYS TO:

READ THE WHOLE POST

HOW TO ENTER INTO RECOVERY MODE, INSTRUCTIONS HERE STEP #4

OPTION 1: IF YOUR ABLE TO BOOT INTO ANY ROM:

FLASHING THE FILES

FIRMWARE

ENTER INTO RECOVERY MODE

ENTER INTO RECOVERY MODE

DOWNLOADS

I did copy TWRP2.2.0 and stock firmware zip in SD card and hold volume up+down + power button to get recovery mode but I only see pictures of phone & monitor with yellow
    triangle at center.( including : Firmware upgrade encountered an issue . please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.)

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

I upgraded my samsung s2 version 2.3.6 to 4.0.4 through the Kies. Then I tried to install TWRP 2.2.0 and Odin 1.85. I saw COM 14 ; COM 17 when I hit start button .It said
    FAILED. Now it showed a yellow triangle in the middle of phone & monitor pictures. ( including : Firmware upgrade encountered an issue . please select recovery mode in Kies & try again). Please help . Thank you very much.
    I just tried other laptop . I saw COM 3 but it said it couldn't open the serial (COM )port . All thread completed (success 0/ failed 1)
    that screen is also odin/download mode
    try flashing again
    check odin troubleshooting section in the "install cwm/twrp" link in my sig
    I am a mac user without access to a PC (no odin). I have TWRP recovery installed. I used android file transfer to move the stock firmware zip in the download section to the internal SD (root folder). I wiped the system and cache, then install zip - but it fails every time with "invalid zip file format". I have tried a half dozen other versions of the stock ROM from various sources and they all fail with the same error. ZIP signature verification is disabled. Just when I thought that i was doing something completely dumb and not flashing correctly at all - I tried re-flashing the lineageOS ROM i have and that worked fine. I've read a bit about unpacking and re-zipping these zips to get them to work, but that requires 7zip (which I don't have on mac). Help! am I doing something dumb or do I not have the correct zip files? I really need to get back to stock so I can activate my cellular service.
    AFAIK all devhosts files are bad/fake, i cant even dl my own files.
    if i find them all reup to androidfilehost
    I have a moto g5s plus (sanders) and have installed unofficial lineage 15.0 build. before installation , I didn't took backup in TWRP. Now i am downloading stock firmware zip file. can that be installed using TWRP?

you mean this zip file when you unzip it show you 5 files that you can use with Odin?