FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Enhanced236 - stock 2.3.6 (06.08.2012 update)

213 posts
Thanks Meter: 244

By coccolino_dbro, Senior Member on 15th May 2012, 01:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th June 2014, 07:02 PM |#771  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Hi
I wanted to install this rom and I have put it on the external memory card but I got this following message:E:short write of /tmp/sideload/package.zip (No space left on device),how did you fix that?

Now my phone is stuck at the galaxy gio picture,help me please
9th October 2014, 10:10 AM |#772  
Flag Bogatic
Thanks Meter: 87

Donate to Me
More
what u mean external sd card?? did u wioed everything in cwm before flashed this rom?
i using it since last night, and planning to stay with it

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkspo

yes... that is what "wipe" data does to the data folder, it wipes it

just flash this in cwm and you will have it back
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...5&d=1339074638

data wipe doesnt wipe scripts from init.d folder
9th January 2015, 04:04 PM |#773  
Flag Isfahan
Thanks Meter: 192

More
how to flash ? can be flashed through cwm recovery ?
10th January 2015, 02:05 AM |#774  
Flag Warszawa
Thanks Meter: 685

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by afraaa

how to flash ? can be flashed through cwm recovery ?

Yes, do wipe and flash it by cwm.
5th June 2015, 04:45 PM |#775  
Flag amman
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Is it supports the Arabic language ?
and if no how i can add Arabic language to this rom ?
Thank you
5th May 2016, 01:32 AM |#776  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I know this thread is old as hell and I doubt anyone's around to answers questions, but I'll try anyway; I got tired of the slowness of my Gio and since I don't really use it for games or picture taking I don't wanna spend anything on a new phone. Besides, I have a working phone, it's just slow and it would be nice to be able to have more than two downloaded apps on it. So I tried this and it's so much smoother and faster than what I had. But I have two problems with it so far and that is why I'm writing:
1) The web browser I had on my old ROM would let me google search in the address field, while this just sends me to the main search page.
2) On Google play I try to get some of the apps I had before, but now I get a message saying "this version is not compatible with your device". Annoying as it did work with the old ROM.

Any help would be appreciated, though I do realize there might be little in that way seeing as there's been no activity in nearly a year. Thanks for the ROM nevertheless.

- Joe T.
9th May 2016, 06:01 PM |#777  
Flag Odessa
Thanks Meter: 652

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kykk

I know this thread is old as hell and I doubt anyone's around to answers questions, but I'll try anyway; I got tired of the slowness of my Gio and since I don't really use it for games or picture taking I don't wanna spend anything on a new phone. Besides, I have a working phone, it's just slow and it would be nice to be able to have more than two downloaded apps on it. So I tried this and it's so much smoother and faster than what I had. But I have two problems with it so far and that is why I'm writing:
1) The web browser I had on my old ROM would let me google search in the address field, while this just sends me to the main search page.
2) On Google play I try to get some of the apps I had before, but now I get a message saying "this version is not compatible with your device". Annoying as it did work with the old ROM.

Any help would be appreciated, though I do realize there might be little in that way seeing as there's been no activity in nearly a year. Thanks for the ROM nevertheless.

- Joe T.

Hi! I noticed your post by accident, so you gotta consider yourself lucky Ok, lets see. I was running this ROM a couple months ago, but I never had any issues with Play Store. Try updating it manualy, if it fails then try updating Google Play Services (I guess your old ROM had no issues with PS due to updated GP Services). Personaly I prefer deleting Play Store, for it tries to update GP Services at each boot. Even if there's no free space in /data, even if I'm on mobile data - it downloads 45 mb at each boot ( I'm having only a 50mb daily quota ). I've got sick of it and deleted that Play Store.
Considering your first question - I can't tell what the browser was. Maybe you could fetch the drowser's apk from /system, If you had any back up of that ROM (or, even better, the ROM's zip). I'm using Opera Mini 7.6.2, it's small, fast and you can search in the address bar. Try it
I hope I helped you at least a bit
Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to belyava For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift belyava Ad-Free
8th November 2018, 11:52 AM |#778  
Flag Horda
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi all! I know this is an old thread an all, but I just breathed life into my old Gio to use it as a backup phone (it has this ROM, Enhanced236, installed), and noticed that Play Store isn't working. If anyone knows a way of making it start working again, it would be highly appreciated. When I start Play Store, it just says "No Connection" in the window.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)