Resco Keyboard 6.0 review

Search This thread

Tref

Jul 9, 2006
I've used Resco Keyboard off and on for quite a long time. But while I continued to use it on my iPaq I more or less shelved it on my last two phones because the "thumb board" never seemed to be what it was advertised to be, and the normal mode wouldn't resize to take advantage of the higher resolution and larger screens. Fast forward to last night.

I downloaded the trial of the new version (6.0), and installed it. First thing I noticed is that the thumboard works. It looks somewhat similar to the Full Qwerty kb that comes on the HD2, though there is a space between each of the keys. And this makes for fewer mistakes while typing.

What makes Resco's kb so appealing has always been the extra things and customization that you can do with it, and in this new version the process of customizing it is extremely easy. I had modified the old version to work for me in terms of key layouts but it was tough to do. This new version uses only two files, and both are in the MS Siliverlight format. They are csv files and I only had to modify one of them, _Symbols.csv in order to make the two numeric boards appear exactly as I wanted them to, and it only took me an hour or so to do it. I had no prior experience with the format used, it's just that easy to modify the files. I was even able to reassign the values of the two center keys at the bottom of each of the numeric keyboards to act as a spacebar of sorts. And now, between the qwerty and the first numeric board I have all of the keys I need for 99% of my typing. There are only 2 keys on the 2nd numeric board that I need to use it for.

In addition to making the process of changing the key values much easier Resco continues that idea with their FX board. This feature allows you to store phrases, date and time stamps, hyperlinks and just about any kind of string you use frequently, each to be added to your open document, appt. etc, with the press of a single key. And this time, just as with the keyboards, the process of adding these special strings is so much easier than with previous versions.

I only needed to use this for as long as it took me to figure out the reassignment of keys to realize that this was worth the $9.95 price. I've been using it as much as possible today and have no regrets, it's a very slick keyboard. And it seems to work just as well in landscape. Because you can try before you buy I would recommend it to anyone. It's worth a look imho.

edit: Almost forgot to mention, one of the screens contains large buttons for all four arrow keys, and also Cut, Copy, Paste, Del, Select All, and an extra backspace key. Pretty slick.

Last edited:

Raigeki_jo2

Feb 18, 2010
Jakarta
so, can u tell me why when i use resco keyboard pro 6 as default the windows mobile UI seems to be sluggish.. the menu scroll is not as smooth when using HTC keyboard..
sorry for my bad english.. hope you understand..

Tref

Jul 9, 2006
I have seen no difference at all in the performance of the phone or the UI with Resco 6.0 installed. Of course I'm running a very clean ROM. And I'm not using Sense. I have Spb Mobile Shell installed. Works like a charm

Resco doesn't have any skins showing on their site, though I haven't yet checked their forum. I am sure the skins from previous versions would not be compatible. I wouldn't mind a little color but I wouldn't mess with the layout I have with it now. Just my personal preference, that.

Last edited:

William Sm

Nov 9, 2018
resco keboard registry product key

I have HTC p6500 Mantle wm6.5 with a resco keboard installed and running. I need to factory reset and will need the product key which I have lost all trace of.

Can the product key be found in the registry?
Or!
Can a product key be found somewhere else?

Regards William