[ROM] [4.4.4] CarbonRom [UNOFFICIAL] [7/13/14]

Search This thread

Suncatcher16

Oct 15, 2011
Kyiv
Samsung Galaxy S9
OnePlus 8
Guys, have you ever such bug with the ROM camera app?
6f1dc496411f8c5eebccb9adf3b59b47.jpg

yohan4ws

Oct 23, 2012
Calgary
Guys, have you ever such bug with the ROM camera app?
6f1dc496411f8c5eebccb9adf3b59b47.jpg

I tried installing Carbon today, I had the same issue with camera .... tried wiping the app data, reboot etc. no go.

It worked when I first loaded up the ROM, installed my apps (recover from TI) and then this happened....

How did it occur for yoU ? The reason I changed up Roms from Slimkat is because the camera takes washed out photo's in that rom, was hoping for a fix. AOKP leaves keyboard on screen when physical opened ...

Suncatcher16

Oct 15, 2011
Kyiv
Samsung Galaxy S9
OnePlus 8
I tried installing Carbon today, I had the same issue with camera .... tried wiping the app data, reboot etc. no go.
How did it occur for yoU ?
The same way:
It worked when I first loaded up the ROM, installed my apps (recover from TI) and then this happened....
This ROM won't be fixed ever as Raventech said. Wait for Liquid Lollipop release.

Last edited:

yohan4ws

Oct 23, 2012
Calgary
Sigh ...

I wish the camera was working in the kit kat roms optimally, I have no desire to change it up to lolipop if what we have works really well .... rumor has it it'll chew more battery on our already very legacy device...

The industry must give us a quad core qwerty slider...

chuckiev79

Jul 29, 2012
Sigh ...

I wish the camera was working in the kit kat roms optimally, I have no desire to change it up to lolipop if what we have works really well .... rumor has it it'll chew more battery on our already very legacy device...

The industry must give us a quad core qwerty slider...

Our only hope for a quad core qwerty phone is ara.

Magamo

Oct 20, 2012
New York, NY
As so far, Lollipop has been really good on my battery life with CM12 -- Just limit google services' access to keep the phone awake, and to wake it up, and you'll cut down on most of the big battery drain.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fresh from the kitchen comes ....
    CarbonRom
    for the Samsung Relay 4G​

ROM: Download Here!

Gapps: Download Here!

Installation instructions:
    Be sure before anything you are on latest firmware and modems

Be sure you are on latest TWRP Recovery

Under Wipe:
    Swipe to Factory Reset

Under advanced wipe checkbox:
    Dalvik Cache
    System
    Cache
    Data
    Then swipe to wipe

Flash Rom And Gapps under install then reboot to profit

• Special Mentions:
      @Snuzzo for his awesome kernel work, various other awesome edits to source and teaching me alot of stuff
      @falle21 for Beta and bug testing for me
      TeamApexQ for getting the devices development as far as it has. Great work guys!
    ROM Source
    Device Source

Official nightly changelog:
    Link

Known Bugs:
    MHL
    Since this rom is based of CM11, would the kernel work for other CM11 roms? I'd love to try different kernels (reminds me of the G1 days).

the kernel from this differs from that used by TeamApexQ's and CyanogenMod. Drivers are updated as well as previously stated stuff.. we are working on a fully functioning flashable kernel thats compatible across the board... with the updated drivers and such its causing graphical tearing in other roms besides carbon.
    Just trying to bring up what seemed to be a dead legacy device, bringing some life to it.
    Thank you!

I like this legacy device because it has a keyboard. If someone comes out with some new hard-keyboard phones again, I might move on. But until (unless?) that happens, I'm grateful that you and others are working to keep the apexqtmo alive.
    .​
    cancel that . Thanks a crap ton @chuckiev79 for helping me out you too are the man....gonna order it now

No prob. I canceled paypal account after I did this, don't trust them, but you got the cash? Sweet. Back to romin for you sir! ?

Sent from my SGH-T699 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    @Snuzzo is the man to tell you his work and whats changed. I know CPUmin mpdec boost is disabled and SIO scheduler was added

Very little was changed. I'm planning on keeping a weekly kernel build up with merges of cm-11. Any future ROMs these kernel packages should work OK on. This will at least bring somewhat of a good standard for roms also that are based off cm's hardware device tree.

Looking into bringing some official builds for ROMs as well. Just trying to bring up what seemed to be a dead legacy device, bringing some life to it.