Post Reply Email Thread
26th November 2018, 01:10 PM |#3631  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,511

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda_dentex

I doubt that any audio taken from YouTube may benefit from using this setting, due to the source quality itself. But that's it: I added it because highly and constantly requested.

On a slight side note. With the option enabled in the settings (forgot the setting name) Are the "Opus HQ-Q.opus.ogg" a pure unmodified/unprocessed/raw rip from the video source? They do not seem to go through the converter.

26th November 2018, 03:09 PM |#3632  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6,401

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

On a slight side note. With the option enabled in the settings (forgot the setting name) Are the "Opus HQ-Q.opus.ogg" a pure unmodified/unprocessed/raw rip from the video source? They do not seem to go through the converter.

The only thing worth noticing is that these are opus audio streams wrapped into an ogg container. They were left unmodified until a few versions ago, when I introduced the aforementioned wrapping for better compatibility and performance (during playback). The same has to be done for the same reasons about m4a.
And yes, if you look closely, opus are quickly processed by FFmpeg for the wrapping.
Edit: so yes, they are practically unmodified, in the sense that there's no re-encoding (as with mp3).
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
26th November 2018, 04:18 PM |#3633  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:

The only thing worth noticing is that these are opus audio streams wrapped into an ogg container. They were left unmodified until a few versions ago, when I introduced the aforementioned wrapping for better compatibility and performance (during playback). The same has to be done for the same reasons about m4a.
And yes, if you look closely, opus are quickly processed by FFmpeg for the wrapping.
Edit: so yes, they are practically unmodified, in the sense that there's no re-encoding (as with mp3).

I find that the many of the higher-resolution video formats tend to have relatively decent audio, for instance, the MP4 1080p usually at least 125k
and the MP4 270p/360p at least 95k
They tend to download very quickly and the audio extraction takes just seconds.

But to my ears the AO Opus Hi-Q (where available) probably sound the best.

At any rate, this is a great way to audition CD/digital audio releases; if I really like the performance, I can purchase the FLAC from the distributor or the artist directly.

Thanks as usual to dentex for keeping YTD updated; remember him in your holiday shopping!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pseudonym58 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pseudonym58 Ad-Free
26th November 2018, 05:12 PM |#3634  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonym58

I find that the many of the higher-resolution video formats tend to have relatively decent audio, for instance, the MP4 1080p usually at least 125k
and the MP4 270p/360p at least 95k
They tend to download very quickly and the audio extraction takes just seconds.

But to my ears the AO Opus Hi-Q (where available) probably sound the best.

All good observations.

And thanks for your support, I really appreciate it!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
28th November 2018, 06:24 PM |#3635  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
New version available: YTD v6.6

Basically it's the latest beta...

changelog:
Quote:

v6.6 - Nov 28 2018
-----------------------------------
[x] improved encrypted signature handling
[x] improved free storage space detection
[x] fix downloads in Android Pie
[x] revised update routines, including:
- fix apk downloads below Lollipop
- fix apk installations above Oreo
[x] do not scan intermediate m4a files
[x] fix duplicated mp3 image tags
[x] add the 320k mp3 encoding option
[x] fix notification settings in API above Marshmallow
[x] update translations (thanks guys @GetLocalization!)

http://dentex.github.io/blog/2018-11-28/ytd-v6-dot-6/

apk: http://dentex.github.io/files/apk/la...downloader.apk

BYE!
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
30th November 2018, 01:38 AM |#3636  
Flag llanelli
Thanks Meter: 444

More
Awsome work yet again guys and loving the new update of being able to choose 320kbps now thank you very much

Sent from my BadBwoi-S9+ using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to jack allen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jack allen Ad-Free
2nd December 2018, 12:06 PM |#3637  
Thanks Meter: 261

More
hey @xda_dentex is it possible to add an option to download a segment of the video only and not the whole video?
2nd December 2018, 03:23 PM |#3638  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Save to SD card is back
Perhaps this option has been present for a while, but I just noticed that the option to save files directly to an external card has been reimplemented. Thanks; it's good to have that choice, especially when using a device with limited internal storage.
4th December 2018, 02:45 PM |#3639  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh12

hey @xda_dentex is it possible to add an option to download a segment of the video only and not the whole video?

Maybe. I should check how it works exactly. It goes well with the "trim" option I wanted to introduce, but never did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonym58

Perhaps this option has been present for a while, but I just noticed that the option to save files directly to an external card has been reimplemented. Thanks; it's good to have that choice, especially when using a device with limited internal storage.

Added in v6.5.
(Private app's dir: gets deleted upon uninstall)
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
4th December 2018, 03:09 PM |#3640  
Thanks Meter: 261

More
Quote:

Maybe. I should check how it works exactly. It goes well with the "trim" option I wanted to introduce, but never did.Added in v6.5.
(Private app's dir: gets deleted upon uninstall)

okay sir. hope you'll introduce 'trim' option soon to make this best app a better one.
12th December 2018, 12:36 PM |#3641  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
v6.6.1
New YTD v6.6.1 is available: it's a quick update to fix (again) how encrypted signatures are handled.
Sorry, still no new fancy stuff.

Quote:

v6.6.1 - Dic 12 2018
-----------------------------------
[x] fix for encrypted signature handling
[x] other minor changes

apk: https://dentex.github.io/files/apk/l...downloader.apk
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adfree, youtube downloader android dentex free

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)