FORUMS

[App/widget](25/8/10) Fitness Plus

61 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Martin25, Member on 25th August 2010, 02:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey all, i noticed people were asking for a "exercise/fitness" app like ifitness.
this is html one i was developing so made it into a quick widget for you all to see.

its main design is to be a guide.

this is a beta look and feel, i'll start filling out the exercises soon.

iv given it a nice nike+ look as i love the orange !

is been developed for Wvga 480x800 first.

ideas/development..
  • it will be split into male and female
  • it will have things like..
    Intake, Nutrition and Diet, Weight lifting, Strength Training,
    Cardiovascular Exercises, Weight Loss, Aerobic, Motivation,
    Preventing Injuries, Avoid cheating, Calculators.
  • iv put in as much as i can about water intake and Vitamins & Minerals.
  • im playing around with a BMI Calculator to fit in there too.
  • im trying a kcal Calculator soon.
  • im hoping someone brilliant could make a nice flashlite jog meter
  • also when i can get embed wmp to work or a nice flashlite player maybe we can have music too

im open to ideas and info or people who want to work on it too.. hope you all like !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	capture.jpg
Views:	1677
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	387538  
Attached Files
File Type: zip fitness plus.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.73 MB, 986 views)
26th August 2010, 08:19 AM |#2  
Philly

More
There should be a way to use the accelerometer as a pedometer. And, a body fat % calculator would be nice.
26th August 2010, 10:12 AM |#3  
Flag Sacramento

More
maybe a cab, instead of a zip? :X

and a food log..
26th August 2010, 10:18 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hey, first of all, THANK YOU! For reals, thanks for taking the time to develop such an app. Now moving on to suggestions

I mostly do weight lifting and some jogging so my suggestions would be these:

- Include a catalogue of available weight lifting exercises (www.bodybuilding.com is an excellent resource)
- Add the ability to create a weight lifting schedule that works as following:

Design a schedule beforehand and fill in sets/reps/weight

This mode would have weight lifting days pre-set by the user (for example I have a chest-lifting day, in which I do bench press, incline bench press and a couple more. I'd like the ability for that to have been designed beforehand by me, and I'd insert the weight/set/reps on the spot during my workout)

Design a schedule on the fly
Start with an empty training day and add exercises/sets/reps/weight on the fly.

It goes without saying that each set should have its own reps and weight

Awesome work so far mate, keep it up!

PS. Haven't tested the app yet, will do so as soon as I can.
26th August 2010, 10:36 AM |#5  
Flag Amsterdam

More
Thanks for developing this, love it already =d
26th August 2010, 11:03 AM |#6  
Flag Brussels
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Thumbs up
Well I have been looking for something like this for a long time.

It would be nice to have the calories intake measured.

One way to do this would be for people for people to use the label of the article to help them input the right data:

If they weigh the food (cereals / chocolates / anything that has a label), and put the weight in grams (example, as I live in Europe), and the calories for 100g, the program could calculate how much calories they consumed.

It would then add them all up, and tell you how much calories you’ve consumed.

It could have some database of some food like fruits that do not come with a label of how much calories per gram they have.

If it could calculate too, how much calories you’ve burned during the training session, it could even tell you if you’ve consumed more calories then you’ve put in the body (witch is what you need to do in order to loose weight).

Regarding the training:

It would be nice to have some specific areas trained, so if you want to train your biceps, you could find 2-3 exercises to do it.

In training some muscles should be trained together (during the same training session), so it would be nice to have it do a training session A for day 1 and B for day 2.

Third request would be if it could have a timer, so that people know how much they are resting (between the series). If they need to rest 30 seconds it should not be 2 minutes.

I know this information is not new to many, but this would be the things I would look for in a program like this.

Good luck and let me know what you think about my suggestions.
26th August 2010, 02:41 PM |#7  
Flag Madison

Donate to Me
More
i love the idea, if you want me to help out with anything to do with graphics, please ask. i am a photoshop nut, and i could help make the screens look even prettier also if you need, i could help resize things for other resolutions ex: qvga or vga. again great idea =]

edit: as for the player for music i dug this up on another site...

"From Wikipedia "The Advanced Stream Redirector (ASX) format is a type of XML metafile designed to store a list of Windows Media files to play during a multimedia presentation."

Flash doesn't play any windows media native files. It only plays Flash video files (flv) and Mpeg4 (h.264 encoded) either as a .mp4 or .mov file. So to get that to play in Flash you'll need to figure out how to convert it to a file type that flash understands or look into something microsoft native like silverlight." - http://www.ozzu.com/flash-forum/play...r-t103840.html

as for a m3u playlist it appears possible....
a commercial piece of software, proving the point http://www.draftlight.net/dnex/mp3player/
maybe useful if you use wmp: http://www.nunzioweb.com/streaming_audio-example.htm
and another link just in case http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=287996

hope i helped.
26th August 2010, 08:40 PM |#8  

More
Withings wifi scale integration, like iPhone Wiscale...
www.withings.com
26th August 2010, 10:10 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
I'm trying it out. Looks very cool
27th August 2010, 04:25 AM |#10  

More
Some links
If you need some workout / nutrition info here are some good sites. The first link has a list of all the different muscles and exercises that you can do to work them out along with an animated gif of the exercise in question. The second link is just a food database. Maybe these can help give you some ideas to incorporate into your program.

hxxp://exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html
hxxp://nutritiondata.self.com/
27th August 2010, 10:10 AM |#11  
Flag Sydney

More
Nice work - I look forward to seeing some content
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fitness app

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)