FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM+kernel][WIP] [4.4.4][CM11][OS2SD][f2fs][EXPERIMENTAL]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

2,196 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,669

Post Reply Email Thread
11th March 2017, 07:09 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsupersquid

Maybe if I can get my sh*t together. I've been feeling too low energy due to horrid relationship issues, now the fourteen year investment has showed its true value and ended.
When i get myself back into functionality I'll give the old optimus v a little love.

Looking forward to it, but in the meantime, hang in there. I know what your going through. Been there and done that, twice, about 13 years on the two. Good luck man!
The Following User Says Thank You to 555rt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 555rt Ad-Free

21st July 2017, 09:06 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Anyone else getting
Code:
 set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/cm-11-20141018-EXPERIMENTAL-f2fs_os2sd_bigsuperROM-thunderc.zip'
for the OS2SD build on TWRP v2.8.00-MULTI-OS2SD?
21st November 2017, 02:35 AM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
This ROM still going? I still have this device, was my favorite work phone, i could drop it all the time and it wouldn't break! no longer activated though.. Bout to fire it up. Everything was all good when I was rocking it! Glad to see this device still being used!
The Following User Says Thank You to f.costello For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift f.costello Ad-Free
23rd November 2017, 10:49 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Update!! Went to fire this up, noticed my SD card is not in!!! And I think my battery won't even take a charge no mo'!!! Dang I loved this phone!!!
12th February 2018, 02:47 PM |#105  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 35

More
I have it downloaded now i'm gonna get it flashed and test it thank you for the hard work (i also hit thanks)
15th April 2018, 04:57 AM |#106  

More
Quote:

reserved

How do you get it to boot from the sdcard?
16th April 2018, 01:06 PM |#107  
OP Senior Member
Flag BFE, MO

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM_developer

How do you get it to boot from the sdcard?

It's in the fstab, basically.
If you're having issues the sdcard might not be partitioned right.
16th April 2018, 09:20 PM |#108  

More
Quote:

It's in the fstab, basically.
If you're having issues the sdcard might not be partitioned right.

I thought I'd ask because i wanted to start a project of making Android for the usb like if it where a real device (not by using Android x86 pc version)

Of course this will be a personal project
The Following User Says Thank You to CM_developer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CM_developer Ad-Free
12th November 2018, 03:49 AM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
@bigsupersquid Found your article for the Optimus S over on another android forum and just necro'd the thread before finding this one. Hoping your personal stuff is doing better and you're still active. d-(^.^)-b

I have two Sprint LS670 (2.3.3 LS670MJV_6150 zvj.47B56B46) that I'm looking to upgrade to 4.4.4 in order to use the Family Link app so I can set them up for my young kids to use as Hangout phones around the house. I've rooted a few tablets, but this is my first time tackling a phone and I've read conflicting reports about downgrading baseband or not for the ZVJ phones. Not really worried about the carrier working as they'll just be on wifi in the house and use Hangouts to call us if needed. In fact, best battery life is ideal.

Is there a "final" stable release out there? Or leads on a new rom? Ran across another rom that was supposedly much lighter than CM but cannot find that url again. Thoughts? Would hate to go through all the older zvh/zvd crap if I don't have to.

Thank you for your time and effort!
30th November 2018, 08:36 PM |#110  
OP Senior Member
Flag BFE, MO

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryonssmith

@bigsupersquid Found your article for the Optimus S over on another android forum and just necro'd the thread before finding this one. Hoping your personal stuff is doing better and you're still active. d-(^.^)-b

I have two Sprint LS670 (2.3.3 LS670MJV_6150 zvj.47B56B46) that I'm looking to upgrade to 4.4.4 in order to use the Family Link app so I can set them up for my young kids to use as Hangout phones around the house. I've rooted a few tablets, but this is my first time tackling a phone and I've read conflicting reports about downgrading baseband or not for the ZVJ phones. Not really worried about the carrier working as they'll just be on wifi in the house and use Hangouts to call us if needed. In fact, best battery life is ideal.

Is there a "final" stable release out there? Or leads on a new rom? Ran across another rom that was supposedly much lighter than CM but cannot find that url again. Thoughts? Would hate to go through all the older zvh/zvd crap if I don't have to.

Thank you for your time and effort!

Thanks, I'm better, the ex is finally moved out and I've got the house to myself and half the time with my kids, so it's pretty nice now.
Any baseband should work.
The version linked here is latest, I built one this year with HardLight's repo for the Optimus one, but SMS/MMS was broken unless using a third party app, so I left it alone rather than debug the telephony project.
Currently there's no new release but if I get free time (lol) I'll work on it.
Honestly, I keep saying everywhere, I'd love to maintain phone OS's for a living, but so far haven't found real money in it.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigsupersquid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigsupersquid Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.2, cm11, kit kat, optimus v, os2sd

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)