FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,605 Vote(s)
64.05%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.56%
I don't know.

486 Vote(s)
19.39%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,927

Post Reply Email Thread
27th November 2018, 11:37 PM |#42471  
Thanks Meter: 9,297

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzure

What's the difference between the (discontinued) superSU 2.82 SR-5 and the latest Magisk (17.3 beta) rooting apps? I heard that Chainfire is no longer developing the former app, superSU, but read comments from time to time saying it works smoother than Magisk on X ROM. It looks like Magisk is being developed again, so now it is the main go-to for rooting your device (or using it's modules). When superSU was still being developed it was the default rooting method for devices like the Samsung S2 - S5 and so forth. Then, when does superSU become a better choice over Magisk and vice versa?

There is no simple answer as each tool has it's strengths/weaknesses along with varying levels of 'compatibility' based on hardware, boot image, ROM and other factors - not to mention experience level of the warm blooded gizmo at the helm. FWIW I prefer the simplicity/stability of SuperSU on legacy devices; Magisk is the go-to choice on newer hardware. Magisk also supports a large library of modules and root cloaking if those capabilities tickle your fancy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DB126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DB126 Ad-Free

28th November 2018, 06:19 PM |#42472  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Need help w/ my Huawei KII-L05 (GR5)
Hi,
I own a Huawei KII-L05 as my main phone. It is slow, and at the moment I am saving for something else, so I cannot buy a new phone. I decided to speed up or at least "improve" my phone buy upgrading to Android 9.0 (Pie). One of the problems I have is finding the ROM and other software that is compatible with my Huawei KII-L05. Is it ok to use the software originally designed for an Honor 5X, since they are similar phones? Also, I can't seem to find a way to obtain my Huawei unlock code. Help getting that would also be appreciated.
Many thanks, Norqw.

Model #: HUAWEI KII-L05
Build #: KII-L05C654B360
IMEI: 860375030663681
Product ID: 41524442
Please tell if any additional info is needed.
28th November 2018, 10:51 PM |#42473  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
What music FX (bass booster and equalizer) that isn't any variant of Viper FX, good for replacing stock Lollipop and Oreo? I've had some issues installing Viper FX variants, so I'm just looking for something simple that works for rooted phones that are on XDA or the Google Play Store. Thanks.
28th November 2018, 11:06 PM |#42474  
Thanks Meter: 405

More
I just figured that these unlink methods are temporarily.Maybe the only way is to clone apps generally..but don't know we magisk users can do to solve this.if we clone with different package name,then probably y.y won't open by default..
28th November 2018, 11:18 PM |#42475  
Thanks Meter: 642

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norqw

Hi,
I own a Huawei KII-L05 as my main phone. It is slow, and at the moment I am saving for something else, so I cannot buy a new phone. I decided to speed up or at least "improve" my phone buy upgrading to Android 9.0 (Pie). One of the problems I have is finding the ROM and other software that is compatible with my Huawei KII-L05. Is it ok to use the software originally designed for an Honor 5X, since they are similar phones? Also, I can't seem to find a way to obtain my Huawei unlock code. Help getting that would also be appreciated.
Many thanks, Norqw.

Huawei no longer provides code unlock, without the ability to unlock bootloader there´s nothing to do to customize device at this level (root, custom recovery, roms), now unlock it have a cost (and much), you can read this post to have a better idea https://www.xda-developers.com/huawe...ootloader-fee/
29th November 2018, 01:11 AM |#42476  
Thanks Meter: 9,297

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norqw

Hi,
Many thanks, Norqw.

Upgrading to a higher Android build probably won't yield much benefit in terms of performance and may introduce a boatload of problems. Especially if the kernel is not optimized for Pie. And no, in most cases you can not flash a rom built for another device even if they are close cousins. Your beat bet may be to perform a 'factory reset' which will clear out a accumulated clutter that can slow a device.
30th November 2018, 12:42 AM |#42477  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzure

What music FX (bass booster and equalizer) that isn't any variant of Viper FX, good for replacing stock Lollipop and Oreo? I've had some issues installing Viper FX variants, so I'm just looking for something simple that works for rooted phones that are on XDA or the Google Play Store. Thanks.

Dolby Atmos

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
30th November 2018, 08:45 AM |#42478  

More
If I flashed a ROM with GAPPs and uninstalled or disabled musicfx, then will all frequencies be flat by default unless I install and run a third party equalizer? Would it default to music player's equalizer? Or, would the player stop working without a system equalizer (musicfx)?

[Note: For some reason, musicfx was having errors like "has not responded" windows randomly popping up sometimes after switching the option to use the music player's equalizer instead. Even after switching back to the system equalizer (musicfx) the errors still popped up. So, I cleared the data and cache for musicfx, and no longer seen the errors. But later I found that third party equalizers on the Google Play Store to be a little better for bass boosting and present frequencies (non-rooted though)].

Thanks!
30th November 2018, 08:54 PM |#42479  

More
Does anyone here know a way to be able to have more control over the volume with a bluetooth speaker? I have the Harmon/Kardon Onyx mini. Since I've got my Lenovo tab4 8 Plus, I've noticed that the volume on the tablet is in sync with the speaker. This wasn't the case on all my other tablets. I can certainly see advantages, but to me, it has produced a problem. The volume steps are too big. I only have about 15 options. Say if I wanted to listen to something really quietly, it is a bit too loud, then barely audible. Before, I could use the speaker volume separately (which had very small steps in volume), or could put the tablets volume to maximum, which made the steps on the speaker larger and quicker to adjust. Is there any app or anything that gives you more steps? Or a way to disable the tablet and speaker volume being in sync.

Thanks.
30th November 2018, 09:47 PM |#42480  
Thanks Meter: 405

More
hello.is it possible with root to post 3D photos on Facebook like iphone,s9 etc does?thanks.

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi 4 Prime μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
30th November 2018, 11:58 PM |#42481  
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGiantHogweed

Does anyone here know a way to be able to have more control over the volume with a bluetooth speaker? I have the Harmon/Kardon Onyx mini. Since I've got my Lenovo tab4 8 Plus, I've noticed that the volume on the tablet is in sync with the speaker. This wasn't the case on all my other tablets. I can certainly see advantages, but to me, it has produced a problem. The volume steps are too big. I only have about 15 options. Say if I wanted to listen to something really quietly, it is a bit too loud, then barely audible. Before, I could use the speaker volume separately (which had very small steps in volume), or could put the tablets volume to maximum, which made the steps on the speaker larger and quicker to adjust. Is there any app or anything that gives you more steps? Or a way to disable the tablet and speaker volume being in sync.

Thanks.

If the device is rooted and has custom recovery, try this:

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-t...e-slider-root/

You can also use root explorer to browse to the file that handles the devices audio input/output/volume parameters(what it is called and where it is located in your system partition is/can be different from one device brand or android version to another), then open that file in a note editor and change the values manually then save the file and reboot. Start with very small changes, then increase as needed, this way you get an understanding of how much increase gets how much result without going too far and damaging your hardware.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)