4G does not work after update to Pie

Search This thread

goran60

Dec 9, 2010
Novi sad
Try to select from list 2G and see if the modem works. then try one of the options offered. So I managed to get 4G

jack_21

Mar 29, 2013
I think the problem is with the modem they used in Android Pie: it supports only B1 (2100), B3 (1800+), B5 (850), B40 (TDD 2300) and B41 (TDD 2500).
So 4G is working but only in countries where this bands are used. In Italy for example we have band 3 in highways and cities, but in rural areas we use band 20 and it's gone :(
I hope that they can solve the problem with a new update.

PS: Don't try to flash 8.1 modem over Android Pie stock rom. It will cause system crashes and SIM card won't work anymore until a reflash of Pie modem.

Last edited:

nitroax

Feb 5, 2014
Porto
Updated using VPN method and i got no problems with signal. 4G works great like in Oreo. (Im from Portugal)

Pjotr91

Mar 14, 2016
OnePlus 7
I think the problem is with the modem they used in Android Pie: it supports only B1 (2100), B3 (1800+), B5 (850), B40 (TDD 2300) and B41 (TDD 2500).
So 4G is working but only in countries where this bands are used. In Italy for example we have band 3 in highways and cities, but in rural areas we use band 20 and it's gone :(

PS: Don't try to flash 8.1 modem over Android Pie stock rom. It will cause system crashes and SIM card won't work anymore until a reflash of Pie modem.
It also happen with B7, at least for me. In Italy I use Iliad and.. there's no 4g available for me. 3g works but, if it's like how you said, we need to wait for the next update.

Reactions: Brendanus

redbullman

Dec 15, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Watch
I guess we cant do anything unless some developer releases some fix for that or Xiaomi releases update.
I have to say I'm amazed that Xiaomi can release a rom with missing bands. It seems so incompetent. Considering Europe in particular uses these bands and this is the market they are trying to break into it would seem another massive own goal (after the phone for £1 UK farce)!

Reactions: RedNas74

BtB

Jun 14, 2008
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Can you guys try to use a launcher like Nova that allows to go to activities, search for Settings.BandMode and select Automatic, and see if it helps?
attachment.php

Attachments

• bandmode.png
    bandmode.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 2,168

BtB

Jun 14, 2008
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Consider as well that people who have this issue have been "forcing" the update when they were not supposed to get it... You can't blame Xiaomi for that.
If some people got the OTA "normally" and have this issue, then I can understand the complains, but so far it's only people with 0 patience and disregarding the advice of others who warned about risks for LTE while forcing the OTA (and in case it's not clear for some, LTE==4G).

I have to say I'm amazed that Xiaomi can release a rom with missing bands. It seems so incompetent. Considering Europe in particular uses these bands and this is the market they are trying to break into it would seem another massive own goal (after the phone for £1 UK farce)!

redbullman

Dec 15, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Watch
Consider as well that people who have this issue have been "forcing" the update when they were not supposed to get it... You can't blame Xiaomi for that.
If some people got the OTA "normally" and have this issue, then I can understand the complains, but so far it's only people with 0 patience and disregarding the advice of others who warned about risks for LTE while forcing the OTA (and in case it's not clear for some, LTE==4G).
This is simply wrong on a technical level. There is only one version of the update. I also factory reset and the bands are still missing. It's been established that xiaomi have omitted many of the bands. If you go on the firmware thread that joey huab updates he clearly explains that the bands are missing on the pie firmware. It has nothing to do with using a vpn to get the update early!

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I've already tried that with no change... I tried from *#*#4636#*#* three dots, Select Radio Band
You have to wait for xiaomi firmware update. The bands are missing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It also happen with B7, at least for me. In Italy I use Iliad and.. there's no 4g available for me. 3g works but, if it's like how you said, we need to wait for the next update.
    Yes, i confirm that these are the only bands available after the update View attachment 4661976
    So, what do you think, our best bet is to wait it out until they roll out an update to fix this?
    Well... I'll wait for the next official update, if it isn't fixed there's a more advanced method out there, many have recovered their bands that way but it's a bit tricky and not risk free, it's up to you... https://xdaforums.com/mi-a1/how-to/lte-t3854592
    Xiaomi are aware and working on this.

Hi all

I have just signed up to let you have an update

I have been in contact with the UK director and the Mi A1 dedicated software manager in China to make them aware of this. They are working on fix

Some help from you guys that I need is

1) how did you receive the update? VPN method? Via Xiaomi OTA? Another method

2) what version number software were you on before he update and after the update? Build number

3) If you QC tool QXDM, can you help to check the value of NV06828 and NV65633 of your MI A1?

Please let me know this info and I shall feedback to assist with fixing this.

Thank You
    This is simply wrong on a technical level. There is only one version of the update. I also factory reset and the bands are still missing. It's been established that xiaomi have omitted many of the bands. If you go on the firmware thread that joey huab updates he clearly explains that the bands are missing on the pie firmware. It has nothing to do with using a vpn to get the update early!

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I've already tried that with no change... I tried from *#*#4636#*#* three dots, Select Radio Band
    You have to wait for xiaomi firmware update. The bands are missing.