6th June 2013, 10:02 AM |#41  
Flag You don't wanna know.....
Thanks Meter: 9,630

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdani

Sorry for posting in old thread,

can i do it like here with the samsung galaxy s3? SGH-I9300 (not the LTE version)

second question, i have a backup file like this : efs_01Oct2012-1028.tar.gz

its only 35kb

but inside is the file: efs_01Oct2012-1028.tar and size ~5mb

inside that is the efs folder with the files

unzip the .gz file and flash?

sorry for my english!!

thx for helping!

try restoring from cwm if you have one installed on your S 3....from backup /restore option...

Sent fom my S-II running >>SlimBean build 6 OFFICIAL<< powered with >>DorimanX kernel 9.28<<

22nd July 2013, 08:07 AM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szaby59

/EFS partition contains a lot of information about your phone, f.e: wifi/bt mac address and your IMEI (nv_data.bin).

It's highly recommended to backup the whole partition, or at least copy the files from the efs directory.

CORRUPTED OR NOT?

You can check if the efs is mounted or completly damaged with this command:

adb shell
mount

You will see something like this:

Red part means /efs is mounted.

IF YOUR PHONE HAVE CORRECT EFS PARTITION:

1, Root your phone - there are several methods to do this.
2, Install root explorer or Estrongs file explorer and copy /efs dir to your sdcard - this will copy the files.

or

2, Make a backup from the whole partition -this is better if you flash a phone with wrong ops, the only way to restore using this backup.

Backup:
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/stl4 of=/sdcard/efs.rfs

Restore:
Add efs.rfs to an unix compatible tar and flash with odin as efs file:

IF YOUR PHONE /EFS IS CORRUPTED:

Flash the included /efs tar with odin:
This will remount your efs partition and (if you have a backup or fixed nv_data.bin) you just need to overwrite files with a file explorer.

i have my backup of efs. I backup it with clockworkmod from there i found it. But how can i restore it as it is stuck on the boot menu & showing mounting error on efs.
how can i flash my efs folder via odin.
15th May 2014, 03:42 PM |#43  

More
Can I use this efs tar to flash it into a Galaxy Note (N7000)? Got efs corrupted.

Thanks!
15th May 2014, 08:19 PM |#44  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 119

More
well guys, sorry for bumping an old thread but i'm having the same issue and now my device is stuck in bootloop on every ROM I flash
can't open that EFS folder. So, any idea of recovering this?
have EFS backup in .tar.gz format but not sure if it's corrupt or not and my EFS partition is corrupt for sure as my Baseband, IMEI, IMEI SV is shown "Unknown" when my device was working
1st November 2015, 06:08 AM |#45  
Flag hyderabad`

More
Im using i9500 s4 .. witll this zip work? Im haveing imei null / unknown baseband error
6th December 2015, 02:56 AM |#46  

More
Where do I get Odin with this EFS option enable?
I've searched all over the google and couldn't find it or was unable to find. Any link with it please?
10th December 2018, 04:55 PM |#47  

More
EFS missing / corrupted. Can't restart the phone S7 Edge
Dear Szaby59,
I made a mess with my S 7 edge , after I had a custom rom installed, I wanted to go back to the Original Firmware , and I did, but in the process I have lost EFS partition and now I have IMEI : unknown , Baseband : unkown and now i am stuck at the point where I have formatted / wiped all data, then Install successfully with Odin the latest version downloaded with samfirm , but after 5 / 6 seconds that the system is updating with the blue Android little robot it stops and say : failed to mount EFS .
PLEASE ! How can I fix this ? I even have found a Zip file with the EFS with the serial number of my phone, but I don't know how to put it back into the phone.
THANK you a million in advance !
Italy69
10th December 2018, 11:07 PM |#48  

More
Half solved
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italy69

Dear Szaby59,
I made a mess with my S 7 edge , after I had a custom rom installed, I wanted to go back to the Original Firmware , and I did, but in the process I have lost EFS partition and now I have IMEI : unknown , Baseband : unkown and now i am stuck at the point where I have formatted / wiped all data, then Install successfully with Odin the latest version downloaded with samfirm , but after 5 / 6 seconds that the system is updating with the blue Android little robot it stops and say : failed to mount EFS .
PLEASE ! How can I fix this ? I even have found a Zip file with the EFS with the serial number of my phone, but I don't know how to put it back into the phone.
THANK you a million in advance !
Italy69

Hey there,
I could somehow ( dunno how) restart the phone and now is on : Android version 8.0.0 and Samsung experience 9.0.0 , and Baseband is G935FXX............ ; the only missing thisn is the IMEI and it doesn't work on Wi-fi.
Please if you could help I'd be grateful for ever.
Thank you !!
Ciao
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)