FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[SOLVED]/efs corrupted...please help experts!!!!!!

1,060 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,030
 
By bsuhas, Inactive Recognized Developer on 7th October 2012, 03:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am with froyo rom (purumod) and with fugumod 800Mhz std edition.
using fs.convert, converted system,data,cache to ext2 and sdext to ext4. Everything was fine here. Phone was very smooth and fast.
(I don't know why I did ) it but I was playing with shell, saw in output of 'mount' command that some /dev/stl4 (-> /efs) is in rfs filesystem. I thought lets convert it to ext2....created fs.convert with content "stl4 ext2". reboot phone. It did turned on as normal but NO NETWORK. Then I searched xda and found that I made a big mistake....a CORRUPT EFS ......

saw this thread for
G3 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=887769
but no luck....

can anyone point me to some direction...how to restore my phone?
I tried reflashing entire rom but i guess it dose not touches /efs....so no luck.

Please help me devs....

Edit:
I solved this. Please see my 4th post.

(i know int wrong thread, but i hope all devs watching this thread can help me. MOD can move this thread)
 
 
7th October 2012, 03:37 PM |#2  
bsuhas's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,030
 
Donate to Me
More
Was able to solve the problem of mounting efs using this thread -
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=888193&page=3

Now I have /efs mounted but IMEI as 0000000000000000. trying to solve this....
7th October 2012, 05:03 PM |#3  
marcellusbe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Qu├ębec City
Thanks Meter: 4,635
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsuhas

Was able to solve the problem of mounting efs using this thread -
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=888193&page=3

Now I have /efs mounted but IMEI as 0000000000000000. trying to solve this....

I should have put something in fugumod to avoid users to convert stl4 :/

If you don't have any backup of your original files of your efs partition (nv_data.bin etc..) , it will be very hard to restore your IMEI.

if you flash something on your phone, DO a backup of your efs partition (image and files).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marcellusbe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marcellusbe Ad-Free
8th October 2012, 05:24 AM |#4  
bsuhas's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,030
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcellusbe

I should have put something in fugumod to avoid users to convert stl4 :/

If you don't have any backup of your original files of your efs partition (nv_data.bin etc..) , it will be very hard to restore your IMEI.

if you flash something on your phone, DO a backup of your efs partition (image and files).

So there is no way to restore IMEI if I dont have a backup efs??
9th October 2012, 05:28 AM |#5  
bsuhas's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,030
 
Donate to Me
More
:)
FINALLY I WAS ABLE TO RESTORE MY EFS AND IMEI TOO...

Thanks to Szaby59 fro this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=887769
which helped me restore /efs partition
and Much thanks to QPST and Peoplearmy for forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=29462530#post29462530
which helped me restore IMEI....phone is back to life now.
17th December 2018, 11:31 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsuhas

FINALLY I WAS ABLE TO RESTORE MY EFS AND IMEI TOO...

Thanks to Szaby59 fro this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=887769
which helped me restore /efs partition
and Much thanks to QPST and Peoplearmy for forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=29462530#post29462530
which helped me restore IMEI....phone is back to life now.

How did you do it brother? I tried everything still no luck.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes