[MOD] Sexy Rosie! Remapped rosie bar. UPDATE - HANDCENT GVOICE, and BROWSER MAPPINGS!

Search This thread

deficitism

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 10, 2007
Let me just start off by saying, I put a TON of work into this, so I really hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do. This is still considered a WIP, as I have more cool stuff coming down the pipe.

What we have here is what I like to call...
Sexy Rosie 1.0

*** Update 8/28 - Custom right buttom mappings to Google Voice, Handcent, or Web Browser! Pick your flavor! ***
  1. Brand new rosie launcher bar design
    • App Drawer button in the middle, where it belongs.
    • Phone Dialer button on the left
    • Sexy button background, inspired by the original espresso bar mod

2. Semi Transparent App Drawer!
    • Allows your wallpaper to shine through to your app drawer
    • Provides the same transparency for the 'add to homescreen' shortcuts

3. Work in Progress
    • Remapping of the right button to custom applications (MMS, Google Voice, Handcent, Browser, Etc...)
    • Metamorph versions

4. Current Bugs
    • Phone button will not highlight on tap.

Requirements
-8/1 Froyo Leak WITH Sense *** (May work on other sense 2.2 sense roms. Give it a whirl and let me know)​

Screenshots:
1.png

2.png

3.png

It may not seem like too much, but I must say, these modifications were so burried and locked down its not even funny. HTC obviously did not want resources like these to be modified, so flash at your own risk. I'm not responsible for any damage caused as a result of using these modifications. They are for educational purposes only.

New! Custom mappings! (Google Voice, Handcent, and Browser. More to come!)
text.png
browser.png

(flash just like any rom. since this is a rosie replacement, there is a good chance you will need to redo/re-add all of your third-party widgets)
Sexy Rosie with Custom Mapping for Google Voice! 1.0
Sexy Rosie with Custom Mapping for Handcent! 1.0
Sexy Rosie with Custom Mapping for Web Browser! 1.0

Download Sexy Rosie Original 1.0

Enjoy!

-Brucekey

Last edited:

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
WOW bro awesome work, can you please please make this compatible with 2.1, if not I understand lol... how they heck did you do this!? I have knowledge with the htc rosie, but NOTHING to this extent.

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I noticed that when pushing the phone button it doesn't light up green like the add widgets button does. Also, would it be possible to make it so the whole button turns green like in the espresso button? :cool::cool:

HeyItsLou

Jun 17, 2010
thanks for your hard work this exactly what I've been looking for as far as the Rosie is concerned. It kills me not to use this I can't give up my manUp rEVOlution them. I had my fingers crossed hoping I could flash this on top of that because the combination would be killer. Sadly it doesn't mix well any chance you can make this compatible with that theme?????

deficitism

Jul 10, 2007
thanks for your hard work this exactly what I've been looking for as far as the Rosie is concerned. It kills me not to use this I can't give up my manUp rEVOlution them. I had my fingers crossed hoping I could flash this on top of that because the combination would be killer. Sadly it doesn't mix well any chance you can make this compatible with that theme?????

It sounds to me like a metamorph theme would take care of this. I'll get cracking on that today. Hang tight.

Blindlabel

Jun 20, 2010
Saint Louis
This post is probably useless, but I just thought I'd let everyone know that this does indeed work with the latest Froyo leak (possibly the official OTA). As always, make sure you backup before installing.

Great work on this btw, this has made Sense UI tolerable for me. Much appreciated.

dnoyeb

Nov 15, 2007
Auburn, AL
This post is probably useless, but I just thought I'd let everyone know that this does indeed work with the latest Froyo leak (possibly the official OTA). As always, make sure you backup before installing.

Great work on this btw, this has made Sense UI tolerable for me. Much appreciated.

not useless at all, I was looking for that answer. thanks!

Update: installed on the latest leak. Awesome work.

dnoyeb

Nov 15, 2007
Auburn, AL
Best Rosie mod ever, thxs

Yea, this thing really rocks.. feels like its a totally pro type job... very very nice.

I would be surprised to see if some rom cookers didn't start asking to use this one.

only bug i've seen has already been mentioned, the phone button doesn't light up green like the others.

only request I have is to see if you can make the notification pulldown be a transparent grey instead of the bright white..

Awesome work.

deficitism

Jul 10, 2007
Hey guys,

Bumping for suggestions.

I was able to successfully remap the right 'add to homescreen' button to any application. I'm looking for suggestions as to which applications you guys use most, that may need sexy rosie's attention.

So far I have
1- Google Voice
2- Handcent
3- Web Browser
4- Gmail

Looking for just a few more. Let me know what you think!

dnoyeb

Nov 15, 2007
Auburn, AL
Hey guys,

Bumping for suggestions.

I was able to successfully remap the right 'add to homescreen' button to any application. I'm looking for suggestions as to which applications you guys use most, that may need sexy rosie's attention.

So far I have
1- Google Voice
2- Handcent
3- Web Browser
4- Gmail

Looking for just a few more. Let me know what you think!

Would web browser go to the built in one or one that is set as default... for example if we install dolphinHD and set it as default, would it load that? (or perhaps just have an addition for dolphinHD if not).

besides that, the list looks good to me.

pd240

Aug 9, 2010
I would say the browser would be the best. Thanks for the rosie mod. The dock was the only thing I didn't really like in sense ui.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Metallice

Jun 24, 2010
Trying to apply smooth green circle battery would overwrite this mod b.c. the sense images are in the framework am I right? If so OP could you add a battery with percentages to the modded framework?