[Platy] [Development] ZTE Quartz Includes Factory ROM, TWRP, Future custom roms

Search This thread

deadman96385

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2011
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Have we gotten any confirmation from TWRP team regarding an official TWRP recovery image for platy? I keep checking and haven't seen anything... Not trying to ask for ETA or anything, just curious if community development is gonna continue for this watch or not :)

Hopefully in the coming days, took a bit longer because i was busy. But the tree is on their org now just need a final patch merged and it will go official.

BTW lover

Apr 27, 2010
I have a Quartz on the way, bought over ebay for around 50€, and was wondering about the esim in the watch. Is it possible to modify the esim to use the watch on any carrier after bootloader unlocking and rooting? Haven't had any device with esim and I can't even find any definitive information on the whole esim thing... ?

deadman96385

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2011
Saint Paul, Minnesota
I have a Quartz on the way, bought over ebay for around 50€, and was wondering about the esim in the watch. Is it possible to modify the esim to use the watch on any carrier after bootloader unlocking and rooting? Haven't had any device with esim and I can't even find any definitive information on the whole esim thing... ?

In theory, the watch could be unlocked from t-mobile and then you could have it registered on another carrier that supports esim you would need to get the sim number. But i think the biggest issue will be the watch only supports 3g so your carrier selection is limited based on that.

BTW lover

Apr 27, 2010
Thanks to the reply!

I don't really plan to use cellular, just wanted to know if it might be possible.

But just to clarify, the hardware only supports 3G?

I guess here in Germany 3G connectivity is still very widely used so at least that would not be an issue. ?

Edit: just checked it myself, it's 3G only.

Last edited:

champ784

May 31, 2013
Richmond
Nexus 9
Moto G7 Play
Thanks to the reply!

I don't really plan to use cellular, just wanted to know if it might be possible.

But just to clarify, the hardware only supports 3G?

I guess here in Germany 3G connectivity is still very widely used so at least that would not be an issue. ?

Edit: just checked it myself, it's 3G only.
That being said, it is HSPA, meaning it's still capable of having functional data purposes such as using the Google Assistant. I use mine all the time, since my OnePlus 6T uses Android Pie and this watch has connectivity issues for some reason with Pie (I suspect since the software is currently outdated). My home is controlled with smart light bulbs and other smart devices and it's nice to be able to control it all from my wrist without having to have my phone on me!

Ricky21Key

Jun 24, 2016
Picked up the Quartz earlier this month for myself due to this thread. Had been lurking on it for some time. Added TWRP through adb and fastboot as you showed in instructions. Then Magisk 18 through TWRP. For the fastboot commands, I had to use sudo to make it work with each fastboot command individually. Had never used adb and fastboot as I was on a note 3 before.. Lol now on 6T T-Mobile variant. So, good learning experience. Thank you. Also, I did the steps on Kubuntu laptop instead of my windows machines just to be on the safe side. So count me in for any testing or whatever. Nice and nifty watch. Looking forward to all you do for this watch!

champ784

May 31, 2013
Richmond
Nexus 9
Moto G7 Play
Picked up the Quartz earlier this month for myself due to this thread. Had been lurking on it for some time. Added TWRP through adb and fastboot as you showed in instructions. Then Magisk 18 through TWRP. For the fastboot commands, I had to use sudo to make it work with each fastboot command individually. Had never used adb and fastboot as I was on a note 3 before.. Lol now on 6T T-Mobile variant. So, good learning experience. Thank you. Also, I did the steps on Kubuntu laptop instead of my windows machines just to be on the safe side. So count me in for any testing or whatever. Nice and nifty watch. Looking forward to all you do for this watch!
Good to see another 6T user here! I think the combo of these two devices is perfect! ?? You get your 6T rooted yet or anything?

SKAm69

Oct 2, 2009
Got this nice watch a couple of weeks ago new, sealed in box! It is my first Android Wear/Wear OS watch and I would absolutely recommend this watch especially considering its price. Too bad it's abandoned by vendor so it's stuck on Android 7.1.1. Luckily, Google is updating the Wear OS part so it's up to date. Got TWRP on it already and Magisk installed thanks to this topic creator deadman96385. Hopefully there will be custom functional Pie or Oreo ROMs or at least custom kernels for Platy. Tried Aadvanced Settings for watch, by default the CPU governor is performance, avalable frequencies are 800 and 1,1 GHz.

dami00976

Dec 27, 2008
Is Oreo available for the tmobile version?
Can I cross flash firmware if any?

Last edited:

Spiteman

Jun 17, 2010
Saint-Petersburg
Hello
I run wipesim tool but it broke on 51% with message "Wipe failed! return error code is 30". Watch after this booting

a bit later: all ok, unlock bootloader and all gone 100%

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:

kingwicked

This is a general thread for information and development resources for the ZTE Quartz smartwatch

(Latest) NWD1.170831.001 Factory fastboot images
Here

How to flash the latest firmware via fastboot . should i use the bat file present in the zip..

my firmware on zte quartz id at the moment is on the watch saysd android Wear 2.0.0.162730722 and play services 11.3.02 (5344-161239932)
im trying with oneplus 6 on android 9.0 . first i had two accounts removed 1 then tried. tried installing older android wear versions

BUT

i have an issue with this watch cannot add my google account on it says
"we couldnot copy your account make sure your phone has a network connection where as such there is no such issue"

tried wear os downgrade as well to 2.8.0 old version but still cannot get this resolved . Any help please.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a general thread for information and development resources for the ZTE Quartz smartwatch

P890W01V1.0.0B02 Pre-release Factory fastboot images (Do not use for developers only)
    Here

P890W01V1.0.0B04 Pre-release Factory fastboot images (Do not use for developers only)
    Here

NXH20F Factory fastboot images
    Here

(Latest) NWD1.170831.001 Factory fastboot images
    Here

Kernel Source:
    Here

Twrp source:
    Here

Official Twrp downloads:
    Here

Factory reset tool download:
    Here

Unlocking bootloader:
    1. Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
    2. Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock on your watch.
    3. Connect your watch to the PC with a USB cable.
    4. Open a command window on your PC.
    5. Boot your watch into bootloader mode using the following command:
      Code:
      adb reboot bootloader
    6. You may get a request to authorize USB debugging on the device, accept it.
    7. Once your device is in bootloader mode, issue the following command to unlock bootloader:
      Code:
      fastboot oem unlock
    8. You’ll get a confirmation screen on your watch and follow what it says This will begin bootloader unlocking process, which shouldn’t last more than a couple of minutes.
    9. Once bootloader is unlocked, your device will reboot into bootloader mode. You need to boot into system now, either press Power button to reboot OR issue the following command:
      Code:
      fastboot reboot
    10. During reboot, your watch will go through a factory reset and then finally boot into system.
    11. That’s all. Your watch’s bootloader is now unlocked.

I was able to get the T-Mobile Sales Force factory reset tool which flashes almost every partition with the firehose for the device (Security risk)
    Fully wipe your device and return to stock along with removing your ESIM configuration:
    1. Download the tool
    2. Install it
    3. Run it
    4. Unlock the bootloader
    5. Enable adb on your watch
    6. Plug the watch into your computer
    7. Click start in the application
    8. Wait for it to finish and enjoy
    Updated the op to point at the official twrp source and download page
    a question will get LineageOS ROM for this device?, It's just that I'm curious, because I saw the news that supports TWRP
    edit

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

oh I see https://www.xda-developers.com/blocks-project-openwatch-android/

Correct, i am working on bringing up the watch to AOSP which will allow us to advance its android version and to not be limited by android wear
    I actually work for TMobile and got this watch way back as an advocate... While sales were pretty poor, this watch is fantastic and deserves development attention! If you need any help with testing, debugging, or anything else please let me know! I'm not a developer per say... But I'm more technically inclined and willing to learn if needed!
    Have we gotten any confirmation from TWRP team regarding an official TWRP recovery image for platy? I keep checking and haven't seen anything... Not trying to ask for ETA or anything, just curious if community development is gonna continue for this watch or not :)

Hopefully in the coming days, took a bit longer because i was busy. But the tree is on their org now just need a final patch merged and it will go official.