FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[SOLVED] Why is my custom boot animation not working?

25 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By Schimmerlos, Junior Member on 4th July 2011, 03:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th February 2016, 08:59 PM |#51  
Flag Praia
Thanks Meter: 387

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.S Khokhar

I have coolpad mi-496. I am trying to change bootanimation, but not succeded. This phone strucked on boot 2 times and I flashed it ROM downloaded fron xda. Thank you for the ROM. Kindly tell what to do when phone became soft brick like this.?

We can't help you unless you give more details! Please describe how you went about changing the boot animation. What tools did you use? Did you make sure you used image files of the correct dimension for your screen? What files in what directories did you change/replace?

Yes, you can easily create a bootloop or prevent your device from properly booting if you make the wrong changes in the boot animation. So we need to know what you did to help understand what caused the phone to soft-brick.

The easiest way to recover from a soft-brick caused by mucking with the boot animation is to backup your phone using your custom recovery BEFORE mucking with it, then flashing your backup immediately after you brick it! The harder way is to hope you still have access via fastboot and then replace the boot animation files you mucked with using the backups of the original files that you presumably saved.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

11th June 2016, 07:02 PM |#52  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 136

More
I have created this wasting whole day but it does not work. Can anyone help me out what I have done errors thanks?
here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3-...p=docslist_api

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schimmerlos

I spend a whole lazy sunday designing a custom boot animation.
It's supposed to look like that (two parts):

[Left: part0 - play once] [Right: part1 - loop]

Device: HTC Legend with CyanogenMod 6.1.0 (Android 2.2.1 Froyo).
I created a file bootanimation.zip (not compressed), following this howto I found on addictivetips.com
My Legend is rooted
I use ROM Manager to reboot into Recovery
I move the files to their destion directories with adb commands.

But when I store it in /data/local or in system/media and reboot my phone, only the first part (part0) is played. Then the animation stops, a black screen is displayed for about ten seconds, then the Enter PIN screen appears. I tried almost everything to make part1 visible:
Deleting and re-installing the animation with different parameters
Changing values in desc.txt (below)
Re-processing the .png files (8bit, 24bit, resizing etc.)
Changing the .png file names

My desc.txt:
320 480 24
p 1 10 part0
p 0 0 part1

Can someone tell me what is wrong with the attached bootanimation_NOTWORKING.zip file?

pls help me
13th June 2016, 04:10 AM |#53  
Flag Praia
Thanks Meter: 387

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dRbXDA

I have created this wasting whole day but it does not work. Can anyone help me out what I have done errors thanks?
here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3-...p=docslist_api

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

pls help me

Read every post in this thread. The solution is in one of the earlier posts.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
13th June 2016, 10:32 AM |#54  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Now works. Problems was in txt file
11th December 2016, 02:23 AM |#55  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
hey
i wanna make a bootanimation from sony until my lockscreen.

my desc.txt is
Quote:

1080 1920 30
p 0 0 part0
p 0 0 part1
p 0 0 part2

i put it in /system/media
premission (via root explorer)
read: own group other
write: own
other :
right on oktal is the number 0644 rw-r--r--

but is doesn't work

what happend when i edit the last two "p" from txt in "c" ?
or
i reboot my phone without some bootanimation.zip (i deleted one time)
could be the reason ?

Quote:

1)Open a Root Explorer app or any file manager with root permissions.

2)Go to /system

3)Mount folder in R/W and open build.prop in text editor

4)Scroll to the very bottom and enter

Code:
debug.sf.nobootanimation=1

5)Save and Exit. A full reboot is required to see that this works.

You can change =1 to =0 to disable this. Or simply delete the line that was added.

haven't the "debug.sf.nobootanimation" in my build.prop could that the fault ?
16th October 2017, 03:48 AM |#56  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm bringing this post alive again because it is relevant to a solution i found.
I don't know if the "actual" solution was posted earlier in this issue, but i'm to lazy to check.
So i had the exact same problem with my boot animation, and i figured out that my problem was in my desc.txt
Quote:

1080 1920 33
p 1 0 part0
p 0 0 part1

the "p" represents the type of way we are playing it.
We have to replace it with a "c" so that it continues playing after the actual booting is done.
Quote:

1080 1920 33
c 1 0 part0
c 0 0 part1

Hope this helps!!!
6th January 2019, 03:52 AM |#57  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Officeryanki

I'm bringing this post alive again because it is relevant to a solution i found.
I don't know if the "actual" solution was posted earlier in this issue, but i'm to lazy to check.
So i had the exact same problem with my boot animation, and i figured out that my problem was in my desc.txt

the "p" represents the type of way we are playing it.
We have to replace it with a "c" so that it continues playing after the actual booting is done.

Hope this helps!!!

Had this issue with +700 frame bootanimation.zip, wouldnt get very far at first.

I had to delete the poweron.ogg sound effect, it was somehow triggering boot completion.

After that it would get too about frame 250 but then phone boot would complete and it would stop.
I can confirm the above solution of changing

P into C

Does force the boot animation to play thru completly without a loop, i wouldnt do rhis with a loop for obv. reasons.

Anyways, i wamted too thank everyone, but special shout out for the answer that really got me what i needed!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)