FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Need to Restore Nook Color to stock 1.4.3

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By ki4lhl, Junior Member on 22nd December 2012, 02:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

I need help restoring my Nook Color to stock 1.4.3. I installed ClockworkMod on my SD Card and thought I was installing MIUI onto the SD card, but this installed to the entire tablet. I have tried the 3-finger boot 8 times, but it doesn't work for me. I have followed multiple directions in Google searches, all with outdated links. I can operate from Windows 7 or Ubuntu using the dd command, whichever is easier. The main problem is I am familiar with flashing ROMS, but keep running into outdated links! Please do not repost old posts with outdated links. Thanks for your help!

22nd December 2012, 04:34 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3,880

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ki4lhl

Hello,

I need help restoring my Nook Color to stock 1.4.3. I installed ClockworkMod on my SD Card and thought I was installing MIUI onto the SD card, but this installed to the entire tablet. I have tried the 3-finger boot 8 times, but it doesn't work for me. I have followed multiple directions in Google searches, all with outdated links. I can operate from Windows 7 or Ubuntu using the dd command, whichever is easier. The main problem is I am familiar with flashing ROMS, but keep running into outdated links! Please do not repost old posts with outdated links. Thanks for your help!

See my tips thread linked in my signature. Look at item A15.

Sent from my Nook HD+ Running CM10 on SD
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leapinlar Ad-Free
22nd December 2012, 08:07 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Spartanburg SC

More
Talking Help Restoring Nook Color to Stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

See my tips thread linked in my signature. Look at item A15.

Sent from my Nook HD+ Running CM10 on SD

Thanks! Once I found a Nook Color stock img file from your links, I was able to flash it, and my Nook is a Nook again instead of a paperweight!
22nd December 2012, 09:09 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Spartanburg SC

More
Tablet Nook Color SD Card ROMs
Does anybody have a CURRENT list of Nook Color ROMs that can be installed to the SD Card, along with all necessary links, including the SD Card img file, ROM download link, gapps download link, and instructions of how to do so? I am only interested in installing them to the SD Card, and I would prefer ICS ROMs, which are compatible with Adobe Flash player, and can handle Netflix and Hulu+. Thanks!
23rd December 2012, 10:28 PM |#5  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 14

More
This is what I also want. I want to give my Nook to a friend, but it currently has CWM on it. I would like to delete the CWM and install the latest Nook Color update. My friend is technically challenged, and I don't want CWM popping up and perplexing the hell out of him. My friends, please direct me to the easiest, fool-proof way to do this.
23rd December 2012, 11:01 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3,880

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAPY427

This is what I also want. I want to give my Nook to a friend, but it currently has CWM on it. I would like to delete the CWM and install the latest Nook Color update. My friend is technically challenged, and I don't want CWM popping up and perplexing the hell out of him. My friends, please direct me to the easiest, fool-proof way to do this.

I have two threads to help you. If you want to go back to stock on internal memory, look at my Nook Color tips thread linked in my signature, item A15. If you want to put cm9 or cm10 on sd got to my updated sd installation instruction thread also linked in my signature. If you want to install a different rom on internal. Look at eyeballers guide that he just updated recently.

Sent from my HD+ rooted stock using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leapinlar Ad-Free
8th January 2019, 12:16 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have a nook color that was root and wife wanted to go back to factory so I have apply the nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-cwm.zip. Once I did this I then start going through the setup and having problems when I go through the setup the nook is giving a error about no network connection even though it is connected to the wireless. I talked to tech support and they are saying you have to download 1.4.4 update to fix that issue. So I have done this and put it on the SD card which then after a short while it detects a update and does it thing but for some reason I keep getting a error E: failed to verify whole-file signature and then E: signature verification failed errors when it tries to apply the update. If I disable signature check and try to apply the patch it gives a error saying e: can't open /sdcard/nookcolor_1_4_4_update.zip (bad) if I rename the .zip file to update.zip it gives the same error e: can't open /sdcard/update.zip (bad). Any one know how to fix this or get around this? I cant finish setting up the nook color to start using it again with out this update because a error with the no network connection. Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)