[STOCK ROM][Root][FTF] Xperia Tablet Z (SGP311) 10.4.1.B.0.109 VMo De

Search This thread

Aid777

Jul 31, 2012
North Yorkshire
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Hello,

I want to share my firmware files. So here is the standard FTF file for the german SGP311: [click] [click2] CAN GERMAN FILE BE USED FOR ENGLISH TABLET, WILL TEXT BE ENGLISH! WHY LINK THIS FILE IF YOU NEED TO USE THE STRIPPED ONE?
MD5 F2E1786CA1632EDA5097A24EFAFFC73D

I also rooted the firmware following the thread of [NUT] : [click]

So for rooted 4.3 you will need these files: [click] [click2]
WHAT IS A STRIPPED FTF, SOME PARTS REMOVED? WHAT PARTS AND WHY?

MD5 for FTF 091714BF9B1C67957B4EC22774043F34
MD5 for zip 23075426FAE5D117A9CBA7BC338A1D10

To install you need to be rooted and have a recovery installed (for example Dual Recovery, again by [NUT]: I HAVE THIS, AND IT'S WORKING FINE
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2261606

1. Unpack the zip so you get two files: Annother zip and an ftf file
  2. Put the zip on your sd card - PRESUMABLY ANYPLACE YOU CAN FIND IT? (INTERNAL CARD?)
  3. Flash the zip via recovery THIS IS NUT RECOVERY, WHAT OPTION IN NUT DO YOU PICK, (I HAVE NOT TAKEN A GOOD LOOK AT THE RECOVERY MENU
  4. In recovery shut down
  5. Start flashtool. Get your tablet into flashmode and flash the stripped FTF provided
  6. After flashing finished, enjoy rooted Tablet

The files are tested and okay. But I am not responsible if you brick your tablet.
All credits and thanks to [NUT].

Okay, so I have some questions about the flash and wish to retain root. I am on SGP311 (although I flashed SGP312 ftf file) with 4.1.2 (10.1.C.0.370). I would like to upgrade to latest android 4.3 (.109?) and still keep my root. My queries are in UPPERCASE above

Thanks for your assistance

bernddi

Apr 7, 2013
Can you make one flashable zip for spg312 US?

Hi

no. You can do this by yourself. Look at the thread of [Nut] linked in the first post. As far as I know the files provided here shoul work for every sgp 311/312. You only have to change the language and you may loose some third party apps from Sony because there are different customizations for different countrys. The functionality should be the same.

To Aid777:
The same here: You can use these files for every 311/312. After boot everything will be in german, but you simply have to change language to english. I have linked the unrooted ftf for people who want the firmware without root.
If you want to know how the root method works look into [NUT]'s thread. The stripped ftf ist withour userdata.sin cache.sin appslog.sin and system.sin. The idea is to modify the system.sin so it has root (the kernel). That is in the flashable zip. Then by flashing the stripped ftf you put "all the other files" to the Tablet.
For the place of the zip I am again not 100% sure: It should also work if you put the zio on the internal card, but its recommended to use an external sd card. You should do a backup in recovery. The recovery itself should speak for itself. If you have questions to that look in the thread of the recovery.
Some information is also in here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588442

I hope I get all the questions...

Aid777

Jul 31, 2012
North Yorkshire
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Holy crap, that was close.
It did not work. The MD5 checksum verify failed for the zip, but I never realised, (the screen flashed and I thought it was done! - stupid) and because I thought that the zip file have installed (flashed) I flashed the ftf. The tablet went into a Sony logo boot loop. I finally managed to get out and re-flash .370
I have now re-rooted, and installed NUTS dual recovery, and carried out a system backup
All is fine now.

What do you think could have gone wrong, I verified the checksum in Windows and the numbers are correct.
Basically when I try to attempt the flash (install zip) the recovery UI just flashes and nothing happens

Last edited:

bernddi

Apr 7, 2013
Holy crap, that was close.
It did not work. The MD5 checksum verify failed for the zip, but I never realised, (the screen flashed and I thought it was done! - stupid) and because I thought that the zip file have installed (flashed) I flashed the ftf. The tablet went into a Sony logo boot loop. I finally managed to get out and re-flash .370
I have now re-rooted, and installed NUTS dual recovery, and carried out a system backup
All is fine now.

What do you think could have gone wrong, I verified the checksum in Windows and the numbers are correct.
Basically when I try to attempt the flash (install zip) the recovery UI just flashes and nothing happens

Which recovery did you use? Try the other one. (Philz should work.) If it doesnt, try annother version of dualrecovery.

Aid777

Jul 31, 2012
North Yorkshire
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Which recovery did you use? Try the other one. (Philz should work.) If it doesnt, try annother version of dualrecovery.

Thanks for reply @bernddi
I don't know what the problem is. I was using the latest dual recovery, and have I switched to TabZ-lockeddualrecovery2.7.94-BETA.installer.
I sometimes have problems getting into Philz recovery (when to press vol up) and vol down boots into safe mode. Verify checksum is highlighted with X. Sometimes it fails the verify and sometimes the screen just flashes without verify. I take it that install zip should not be pressed if md5 check fails. Another thing as well, if I try to boot into recovery with NDR Utils it will not work, yet I did successfully create a backup in philz after loading recovery via volume key.
I mainly want to upgrade from the awfull phone UI. Can I flash .577 or some other version the same way as I had planned to do with .109? and still keep root?
Do you think it might have something to do with this being Sgp311, but my tab states 312 (even though its model 311)?

Last edited:

bernddi

Apr 7, 2013
Thanks for reply @bernddi
I don't know what the problem is. I was using the latest dual recovery, and have I switched to TabZ-lockeddualrecovery2.7.94-BETA.installer.
I sometimes have problems getting into Philz recovery (when to press vol up) and vol down boots into safe mode. Verify checksum is highlighted with X. Sometimes it fails the verify and sometimes the screen just flashes without verify. I take it that install zip should not be pressed if md5 check fails. Another thing as well, if I try to boot into recovery with NDR Utils it will not work, yet I did successfully create a backup in philz after loading recovery via volume key.
I mainly want to upgrade from the awfull phone UI. Can I flash .577 or some other version the same way as I had planned to do with .109? and still keep root?
Do you think it might have something to do with this being Sgp311, but my tab states 312 (even though its model 311)?

So if the md5 is correct on your computer than your problem has to do with the recovery. Dualrecovery is still a beta. As is said: Try to install annother (older) version of it. You could also try again after installing Busybox by Stephen (Stericson) from playstore if you don't have it.

Aid777

Jul 31, 2012
North Yorkshire
Samsung Galaxy S21+
So if the md5 is correct on your computer than your problem has to do with the recovery. Dualrecovery is still a beta. As is said: Try to install annother (older) version of it. You could also try again after installing Busybox by Stephen (Stericson) from playstore if you don't have it.

Okay, I'll try that. Should i just install over the current recovery or would it be best or necessary to delete the old files first. There are instructions on here someplace.....

nagusia

May 19, 2008
Euskadi
all went well I think

I updated from 10.4.B.0.569/577 installed as in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588442. Having installed the zip as per the instructions, I was about to flash the ftf connected in Flashmode when the tablet booted up and updated 73 applications. I then powered down again and this flashed the ftf without problems. All is as before flashing except that now in settings it says build 10.4.1.B.0.109 and the nag icon telling me there is an update available has disappeared. All good I guess but I'm not sure what the changes compared to the previous build are.

Aid777

Jul 31, 2012
North Yorkshire
Samsung Galaxy S21+

My last attempt failed, so I started all over again!
Got into boot loop again, but finally fixed that. I have now retained root and have 10.4.1.B.0.109 (Android 4.3) however I have noticed the volume (for example touch sounds) is not as loud as I remember it being, and the auto rotate was not working, and that worried me, but after I turned it off, and back on again it was fine. The tablet UI does seem a bit slow though compared to when I have normal stock rom. Oh yeah, I used TabZ-lockeddualrecovery2.7.94-BETA.installer and that does not seem to have verify md5, I never noticed till I started the flash. I was very worried
Thanks for your advice @bernddi

atomilluminati

Oct 5, 2011
So what do I do if I can't get into recovery?? I get the Sony boot screen but it goes no further. Originally I had the bootloader unlocked, the dual recovery installed and supersu working. It's and SGP311 ... I can get into flashmode and fastboot but recovery does not open at all... Any suggestions or ideas so I can get this thing up and running?!?!?!?!?!

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
So what do I do if I can't get into recovery?? I get the Sony boot screen but it goes no further. Originally I had the bootloader unlocked, the dual recovery installed and supersu working. It's and SGP311 ... I can get into flashmode and fastboot but recovery does not open at all... Any suggestions or ideas so I can get this thing up and running?!?!?!?!?!
Reinstall recovery or use custom one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I want to share my firmware files. So here is the standard FTF file for the german SGP311: [click] [click2]
    MD5 F2E1786CA1632EDA5097A24EFAFFC73D

I also rooted the firmware following the thread of [NUT] : [click]

So for rooted 4.3 you will need these files: [click] [click2]

MD5 for FTF 091714BF9B1C67957B4EC22774043F34
    MD5 for zip 23075426FAE5D117A9CBA7BC338A1D10

To install you need to be rooted and have a recovery installed (for example Dual Recovery, again by [NUT]:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2261606

1. Unpack the zip so you get two files: Annother zip and an ftf file
    2. Put the zip on your sd card
    3. Flash the zip via recovery
    4. In recovery shut down
    5. Start flashtool. Get your tablet into flashmode and flash the stripped FTF provided
    6. After flashing finished, enjoy rooted Tablet

The files are tested and okay. But I am not responsible if you brick your tablet.
    All credits and thanks to [NUT].
    Hi

The very first link... your ftf file, is it modified?
    And also is it unbranded that fw?

Thanks u by advance..

No, its the oiriginal ftf from the pc companion. And its for SGP311, so as far as I know there are no branded firmwares for, because it has no lte module. In other words: Yes, it is unbranded.
    Please report if it worked. I dont think that flashing the stripped ftf alone will be enough. At least you will stay with the old kernel. I recommed doing the whole procedure.
    Also I cannot upload anything at the moment because I am on vacation.

To the guy who does not know how it works: I can write a more detailed guide when I am back. For the moment You should read my post again. You can find every information you need in this forum. Have a closer look at the development section. There should be a thread about how to root 4.3 with locked bootloader.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app