FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.0+][v2.8.3.1] BubbleUPnP - UPnP/DLNA/Chromecast Control Point and Renderer

6,231 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,364

By bubbleguuum, Senior Member on 10th June 2011, 09:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd January 2019, 11:42 AM |#14581  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimtom

I am using BubbleUpnp server on my Netgear NAS and app on phone. Works great !

But - is there a way to interconnect two sites over internet - but not with phone?
Let me explain: I have bubbleUpnp server on my NAS and it works over internet on my phone, ok. But I would like to be able to stream music from my NAS on another location - but using PC, or RaspberryPi or mediaserver... or... With another words: -to connect to my home music library, that be visible on this remote location as DLNA source. (so I can include it in my DLNA server on this location. etc..)

Thank you for suggestions....

@slimtom

Yes, using BubbleUPnP Tether Client to connect to a remote BubbleUPnP Server and makes the media sever it manages visible on the local network by any UPnP/DLNA control point.
The Following User Says Thank You to bubbleguuum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bubbleguuum Ad-Free

22nd January 2019, 11:44 AM |#14582  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by der-bolle

Dear Sirs,

are there any workarounds to retrieve similar or MQA Quality from Tidal (with an active HiFi account) via bubble upnp? I only retrieve Flac quality (44khz instead of 96khz)

@der-bolle

MQA is currently not supported. Maybe it will be in the future but no promise. It requires special agreement with TIDAL.
The Following User Says Thank You to bubbleguuum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bubbleguuum Ad-Free
22nd January 2019, 12:48 PM |#14583  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleguuum

@slimtom

Yes, using BubbleUPnP Tether Client to connect to a remote BubbleUPnP Server and makes the media sever it manages visible on the local network by any UPnP/DLNA control point.

Is this not achieved on the app itself by enabling "Advertise on LAN" in the settings under the relevant "Internet access" network connection?
22nd January 2019, 01:03 PM |#14584  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonwa

Is this not achieved on the app itself by enabling "Advertise on LAN" in the settings under the relevant "Internet access" network connection?

Yes it does the same thing, although the tether client has more settings in particular for transcoding.
22nd January 2019, 01:22 PM |#14585  

More
Quote:

Yes it does the same thing, although the tether client has more settings in particular for transcoding.

OK, got it. If I understand the other solution correctly, an advantage of the setting on the app is that (once I know the WiFi password) I don't need to be granted access to a computer on the foreign network in order to expose my remote home library. Or could the BubbleUPnP Tether Client also be run on my mobile?
22nd January 2019, 05:53 PM |#14586  

More
Hello,

I have recently upgraded my Ubuntu 18.04 box and installed an NVidia GeForce GTX 1050. I am running BubbleUPnP Server 0.9-update31 and have verified that the right ffmpeg and ffprobe files are saved in /usr/share/bubbleupnpserver. The server should be able to do hardware transcoding with the NVidia card and QSV. However, the GPU transcoding test keeps failing with the "Test failed: Not Found" error.

Below is the log information for the error. The test seems to be failing due to lack of h264 support:

Code:
[qtp945064729-142 (142)      ] INFO     - 0:04:13.533    - .Main                       : performing GPU transcode test: h264
[qtp945064729-142 (142)      ] INFO     - 0:04:13.542    - .Main                       : GPU transcode test failed: h264: Not Found
[qtp945064729-142 (142)      ] INFO     - 0:04:13.542    - .Main                       : Test failed: Not Found
However, the ffmpeg binary does support hardware h264:

Code:
# for i in encoders decoders filters; do     echo $i:; /usr/share/bubbleupnpserver/ffmpeg -hide_banner -${i} | egrep -i "npp|cuvid|nvenc|cuda|nvdec"; done
encoders:
 V..... h264_nvenc           NVIDIA NVENC H.264 encoder (codec h264)
 V..... nvenc                NVIDIA NVENC H.264 encoder (codec h264)
 V..... nvenc_h264           NVIDIA NVENC H.264 encoder (codec h264)
 V..... nvenc_hevc           NVIDIA NVENC hevc encoder (codec hevc)
 V..... hevc_nvenc           NVIDIA NVENC hevc encoder (codec hevc)
decoders:
 V..... h264_cuvid           Nvidia CUVID H264 decoder (codec h264)
 V..... hevc_cuvid           Nvidia CUVID HEVC decoder (codec hevc)
 V..... mjpeg_cuvid          Nvidia CUVID MJPEG decoder (codec mjpeg)
 V..... mpeg1_cuvid          Nvidia CUVID MPEG1VIDEO decoder (codec mpeg1video)
 V..... mpeg2_cuvid          Nvidia CUVID MPEG2VIDEO decoder (codec mpeg2video)
 V..... mpeg4_cuvid          Nvidia CUVID MPEG4 decoder (codec mpeg4)
 V..... vc1_cuvid            Nvidia CUVID VC1 decoder (codec vc1)
 V..... vp8_cuvid            Nvidia CUVID VP8 decoder (codec vp8)
 V..... vp9_cuvid            Nvidia CUVID VP9 decoder (codec vp9)
filters:
 ... hwupload_cuda     V->V       Upload a system memory frame to a CUDA device.
Additionally, the bubbleupnpserver service logs also confirm that ffmpeg supports h264 through hardware:

Code:
[main (1)                    ] INFO     - 0:00:10.298    - .Main                       : ffmpeg supports libx264 software encoder
[main (1)                    ] INFO     - 0:00:10.298    - .Main                       : ffmpeg supports h264_nvenc hardware encoder
[main (1)                    ] INFO     - 0:00:10.298    - .Main                       : ffmpeg supports h264_qsv hardware encoder
I am lost on what to do next. Can anyone provide a clue on how to enable GPU transcoding for my server?

Thanks!
22nd January 2019, 10:20 PM |#14587  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unai_goiko

Hello,

I have recently upgraded my Ubuntu 18.04 box and installed an NVidia GeForce GTX 1050. I am running BubbleUPnP Server 0.9-update31 and have verified that the right ffmpeg and ffprobe files are saved in /usr/share/bubbleupnpserver. The server should be able to do hardware transcoding with the NVidia card and QSV. However, the GPU transcoding test keeps failing with the "Test failed: Not Found" error.

No idea why you get:

GPU transcode test failed: h264: Not Found

Can you check on the machine running BubbleUPnP Server that it can access:
http://bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnp...ample_h264.mkv
22nd January 2019, 10:51 PM |#14588  

More
Quote:

No idea why you get:

GPU transcode test failed: h264: Not Found

Can you check on the machine running BubbleUPnP Server that it can access:
http://bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnp...ample_h264.mkv

The file is reachable...

$ wget http://bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnp...ample_h264.mkv
--2019-01-22 23:55:35-- http://bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnp...ample_h264.mkv
Resolving bubblesoftapps.com (bubblesoftapps.com)... 94.23.212.51
Connecting to bubblesoftapps.com (bubblesoftapps.com)|94.23.212.51|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 339762 (332K) [video/x-matroska]
Saving to: ‘tos_sample_h264.mkv’

tos_sample_h264.mkv 100%[================================================== >] 331.80K 654KB/s in 0.5s

2019-01-22 23:55:36 (654 KB/s) - ‘tos_sample_h264.mkv’ saved [339762/339762]
23rd January 2019, 06:36 AM |#14589  
Flag Gandhinagar
Thanks Meter: 235

More
I have following setup:
Local render: FireTV stick
Library: NAS

Whenever I play any video from NAS to FIRETV, audio is audible but black screen.

What should be done?
23rd January 2019, 06:56 AM |#14590  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unai_goiko

The file is reachable...

@unai_goiko

Yup, after all this "not found" issue is not caused by the reachability of this URL. It's rather due to a failure for FFmpeg to perform the hardware test.
Can you send me ([email protected]) the BubbleUPnP Server log file (BubbleUPnPServer.log.0) just after attempting the GPU test in the Web UI ?
23rd January 2019, 06:57 AM |#14591  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmjp93

I have following setup:
Local render: FireTV stick
Library: NAS

Whenever I play any video from NAS to FIRETV, audio is audible but black screen.

What should be done?

The FireTV stick has limited codec support. It means that for this video it supports the audio codec but not video.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bubbleguuum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bubbleguuum Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)