Nothing applies to my Note 3

Search This thread

dssturk

Apr 20, 2012
Scranton PA
I believe my Note 3 is an international model. N900AUCUCMLG. I bought it from ebay 6 months after being activated. None of the files I have read list anything ending in MLG. When I have run file recovery software it comes up as international. What roms and procedures here would apply for this Phone. I bought a note 8 to replace it because it wouldn't update and it became impossible for me to use for mobile banking and other applications. I lost my job and would like to upgrade the note 3 to work for a year or so longer and sell the note 8 to reduce debt. Any help will be appreciated.

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Boot into download mode to confirm the model number.

The sm-n900a was exclusive to AT&T in the USA. The international model is the sm-n9005.

If the phone is an sm-n900a, you will not find a stock ROM to flash in Odin from updato.com or sammobile.com as AT&T never released a full ROM. They only released ROM updates over the air.

Last edited:

dssturk

Apr 20, 2012
Scranton PA
note 3 info from odin mode

Product name: SM-N900A
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
SYSTEM STATUS: CUSTOM
KNOX KERNAL LOCK: 0X0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0X0
QUALCOM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)

I would have taken a screen short but it was not working.

Hope this info helps

dssturk

Apr 20, 2012
Scranton PA
note 3 upgrade

Thanks so much. Now if I understand I can only go with a stock Rom OR a custom Rom based on a stock Rom. Lollipop is the lastest thing for this phone and is pretty out dated and I may end up with financial institutions shutting me down because the browser and software are out of date. Do any of the custom Rom over come these issue? And do these normally say custom with a unlocked lock image at start up?

dssturk

Apr 20, 2012
Scranton PA
note 3 upgrade

Now I remember going through this 6 months ago and had several issues. One is I never had an SD card installed and when I tried it would not install. I came here and got several reasons, size of card and manufacturer. Some were saying it has to be a Samsung SD card and others saying it has to be a certain size such as an 8GB. This phone is no longer active so I can't DL files straight to phone and mostly from what I'm reading I do not have TWRP or SafeStrap. Does this mean I'm done and or is it worth it to try this. I hated to give it up because it has changeable battery and mine has the over sized 10000 MAH battery. It only needed charging every other night. Also the link provided said not found when I checked earlier. Is it possible to DL files to PC and connect Via cable to upgrade?

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
You should be able to transfer files to the phone over Wi-Fi or a USB cable.

The phone cannot run TWRP, only Safestrap.

Did you have a chance to look at the XDA thread I linked?

Reactions: dssturk

dssturk

Apr 20, 2012
Scranton PA
note 3 upgrade

Yes I did go there and that's what prompted some of my memories about not having an SD card and unable to load an SD card to copy the files to. Also, the links with in the link to DL files are giving errors:
The file you are trying to download is no longer available.
This could be due to the following reasons:
The file has been removed because of a ToS/AUP violation.
Invalid URL - the link you are trying to access does not exist
The file has been deleted by the user.

I had also read a tutorial about how there are issues with safestrap installation. My first issue to over come is where to find these files and then where to copy them for the install.

dssturk

Apr 20, 2012
Scranton PA
note 3 upgrade

Yes the phone will boot to OS and even get new emails through WiFi. As far as the N900ACUCMLG hope this helps" Image below.

As far as the links as I stated previously they are not working. I thank everyone for their help. I just want to get this phone working so I can sell my Note 8.

dssturk

Apr 20, 2012
Scranton PA
note 3 upgrade

Is there a way to force the note 3 to accept an SD card? If not is there a place in Odin to store it for loading? I do have Odin 3 on my desktop.

Top Liked Posts