FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Rom] Darchdroid v2.8 "Doesn't Make Much Sense" | UV'd,OC'd, 2.6.29.6,JIT in my Pants

2,292 posts
Thanks Meter: 960

By darchstar, Retired Recognized Developer on 15th June 2010, 09:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th August 2010, 07:57 AM |#2851  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimpaler747

Agreed. Darchdroid is great, but cm 6 is not only froyo, its pliant amazing! I would give it a try.

Sent from my HTC Hero running froyo: take that, Sprint!

I got spoiled with the green and Orange leds staying on when I get a message. The blinking lights just don't do justice. I'm running froyo right now and love it, I just need the leds to stay on when I get a message and not blink. If you know a way, please let me know

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

27th August 2010, 08:30 AM |#2852  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
i will try cm6 again when the final version comes out. i've already tried the RC1 as well as a few nightlies and they still lag so gonna stay with DDv2.8 for now. haven't noticed a reboot yet but if it continues, i will have to revert to DD2.7. thanks to the person that provided the DDv2.7 link!
27th August 2010, 06:37 PM |#2853  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
contacts won't restore
ok I finally got the rom to work on my ntelos hero but I cant get google to sync up to replace my contacts. The accounts and sync wants to set up a exchange account like for a Microsoft outlook exchange not an imap email account. so can someone please help me with this or let me know what the exchange server and domain names are. I got an idea to use the htc sync to back up the contacts while the phone is in the factory backup I saved before I started playing with the new roms. But then I am going to restore the phone to the darchdroid backup I made after I got the rom working then try to restore the contacts from the HTC sync if the gogle exchange account doesnt work. But you guys have some great info on rooting, backing up, restoring and installing custom roms this is the only thing I haven't been ale to find any info on so any help would be appreciated.
28th August 2010, 06:32 AM |#2854  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Voicemail
I'm having trouble getting Sprint's Visual Voicemail working. I patched the zip file found in this thread and the application seems to be installed correctly. In call settings I have my phone number setup for my voicemail number. But everytime I test leaving a Voicemail, I don't get any notification from VVM and I get a text from the phone number that called me saying they left a V/M and a weird text from a 9016 number. I made sure google voice was completely signed out of it. Any suggestions?
28th August 2010, 08:11 AM |#2855  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by airian9

I'm having trouble getting Sprint's Visual Voicemail working. I patched the zip file found in this thread and the application seems to be installed correctly. In call settings I have my phone number setup for my voicemail number. But everytime I test leaving a Voicemail, I don't get any notification from VVM and I get a text from the phone number that called me saying they left a V/M and a weird text from a 9016 number. I made sure google voice was completely signed out of it. Any suggestions?

i think you have to "activate" your VVM. follow these steps:

steps:

go into your voicemail app
menu
compose
type in "activate@vvm.sprint.com"
press record
leave for 5 seconds
press stop
press send

this should reactivate your visual voicemail for those who accidently deactivated it like me.
28th August 2010, 01:33 PM |#2856  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkster

i will try cm6 again when the final version comes out. i've already tried the RC1 as well as a few nightlies and they still lag so gonna stay with DDv2.8 for now. haven't noticed a reboot yet but if it continues, i will have to revert to DD2.7. thanks to the person that provided the DDv2.7 link!

sorry the google ****s flash fixed the issue with the accounts and sync
28th August 2010, 02:22 PM |#2857  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkster

i think you have to "activate" your VVM. follow these steps:

steps:

go into your voicemail app
menu
compose
type in "activate@vvm.sprint.com"
press record
leave for 5 seconds
press stop
press send

this should reactivate your visual voicemail for those who accidently deactivated it like me.

Thanks for the info. Does it take a while to kick in after you do this? I did the steps and it sent the message. Tested it and I'm still getting the SMS messages. One of the messages I got says, Provisioning unsuccessful. And in the Voicemail app, it says something about user provisioning failed.
31st August 2010, 08:48 PM |#2858  
Ocala, FL

More
This ROM is perfect -- so much so I thought I'd post (for once). Call me reclusive. :P
1st September 2010, 09:26 PM |#2859  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 180

More
I have a problem with my Gmail app. When I get an email, I'm never notified and when I go in my inbox is says the number of messages I have but the screen says "no conversations" also I'm unable to send emails for some reason. I'm running 2.7 cuz 2.8 wont boot on my phone, but I've never had this problem before. I've even cleared data from the settings app. What should I do?

Sent from my Hero CDMA using XDA App

^^i just decided to wipe and reflash..i DIDNT flash VVM and MMS-Fix on the first boot, just the ROM and G-****s, and my gmail is back to normal...is there anyway at all to type more than 160character text w/out using handcent...when i did it with handcent, it would split, but it would double text (so instead of gettign 2 texts, the person would get 4)
3rd September 2010, 02:38 AM |#2860  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 180

More
is there anyway to have zooming in using the camera app without getting a different app.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App
3rd September 2010, 10:02 PM |#2861  

More
can someone post the 5 megapixel camera fix? i reverted back to DDv2.7 due to the reboot issues.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, cyanogen, darchdroid v2.7, homescreen, kangslayer

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)