FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,596 Vote(s)
63.97%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.63%
I don't know.

484 Vote(s)
19.40%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,930

Post Reply Email Thread
6th February 2019, 11:10 PM |#42891  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

Imo yes. Just wonder how in some sites you'll find batteries of major amperage. Look only for OEM replacement or this can damaged other functionalities in your device too in the long run.

Sadly i just spent all my money on this new battery btw thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to Pacifista00 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pacifista00 Ad-Free

7th February 2019, 12:40 AM |#42892  
Flag Sarajevo
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

What exactly is the issue; your sdcard is not detected in android or by your pc? if is the second while is inserted in your device connected to a pc then you can format it with another device, this worked a lot of times for me by i.e an sdcard not recogniced in a Blu formated in a Xiaomi or Samsung and then inserted in a Blu again and was recogniced now.

sdcard and vold are files not apps.

Here you have a tool to unpack system and boot images https://www.teamandroid.com/2017/07/...img-extractor/ you will need to have installed Java and Python onto your pc as well.

by installing a new rom this will replace all your system files, maybe an update can solve this.

The issue is I damaged the sd card by wrong coding most likely, here brief explanation, I used optional adoptable storage before and screwed around with card but that was not the issue. The issue is now when I tried installing Folder Mount Root it patched sdcard and vold - FILES and made backup in case it didnt work. It didnt for me so I pulled back sdcard backup but as I did same with vold it screwed the card and it still stays damaged in my phone even after formatting it on PC few times. I think the only solutions are : factory reset ( if it restores system files ) and flashing custom ROM or having someone give me vold from stock ROM. Didnt test SD card in other devices yet. It is detected in sd card reader (after cleaning and partioning disk) but not on phone or via USB on phone too as it sits there damaged.

Sorry for long post.
7th February 2019, 01:00 AM |#42893  
Thanks Meter: 575

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifista00

Sadly i just spent all my money on this new battery btw thank you

Unfortunately it looks like this is the case.
Like a last and conclusive resort try the next:

Delete through fastboot system, boot, userdata and cache partitions and then flash a miui 9.0 firmware through MiFlash Tool.

And if the result is the same atleast leave a negative feedback on the seller site.

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by YiNiX

The issue is I damaged the sd card by wrong coding most likely, here brief explanation, I used optional adoptable storage before and screwed around with card but that was not the issue. The issue is now when I tried installing Folder Mount Root it patched sdcard and vold - FILES and made backup in case it didnt work. It didnt for me so I pulled back sdcard backup but as I did same with vold it screwed the card and it still stays damaged in my phone even after formatting it on PC few times. I think the only solutions are : factory reset ( if it restores system files ) and flashing custom ROM or having someone give me vold from stock ROM. Didnt test SD card in other devices yet. It is detected in sd card reader (after cleaning and partioning disk) but not on phone or via USB on phone too as it sits there damaged.

Sorry for long post.

You could try formatting it with Yummy and if is possible flash some Linux distro and boot it onto your pc like a live cd/usb, reboot again. If this doesn´t solve the issue only some forensic tool that made a format at low level could help you.

I´m not sure if installing a custom rom could solve this, most likely reinstalling your stock rom does it. Try first just formatting data (take a backup before)
The Following User Says Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
7th February 2019, 01:13 AM |#42894  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanguinesaintly

There is an app which patches TWRP to backup internal storage. A bit late in this case, but always worth checking out if you don't backup your internal and external drives to your PC (which I strongly advise just to be safe).

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...0#post78802200

You are my hero buddy. I will try that tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

They can't find their backups after wiping, they wiped internal storage, which removed the backups entirely. They made a noob mistake.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

We are noob, you are extremely ultra super expert Android Dev.

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

I am using this ROM and it has too much bugs. Auto Rotate, encryption, fingerprint, import SIM contacts are doesn't working. How can i fix these? P.S: I don't want to use an app for Auto Rotate. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

I am using this ROM and it has too much bugs. Auto Rotate, encryption, fingerprint, import SIM contacts are doesn't working. How can i fix these? P.S: I don't want to use an app for Auto Rotate. Thanks.
7th February 2019, 04:52 AM |#42895  
Quote:
Originally Posted by pol-der

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

I wasn't picking on you, I was defining what you did so they would understand.

By the way, I'm no super dev, not even close, lol. I just try to help with the little that I do know.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
7th February 2019, 06:52 AM |#42896  

More
[QUOTE=pol-der;78849307]You are my hero buddy. I will try that tomorrow.

I am using this ROM and it has too much bugs. Auto Rotate, encryption, fingerprint, import SIM contacts are doesn't working. How can i fix these? P.S: I don't want to use an app for Auto Rotate. Thanks.[/QUOTE

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

[QUOTE=Pacifista00;78850619]
Quote:

I am using this ROM and it has too much bugs. Auto Rotate, encryption, fingerprint, import SIM contacts are doesn't working. How can i fix these? P.S: I don't want to use an app for Auto Rotate. Thanks.[/QUOTE

Srru i replied to a wrong comment

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

Quote:

Delete through fastboot system, boot, userdata and cache partitions and then flash a miui 9.0 firmware through MiFlash Tool.

And if the result is the same atleast leave a negative feedback on the seller site.

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

You could try formatting it with Yummy and if is possible flash some Linux distro and boot it onto your pc like a live cd/usb, reboot again. If this doesn´t solve the issue only some forensic tool that made a format at low level could help you.

I´m not sure if installing a custom rom could solve this, most likely reinstalling your stock rom does it. Try first just formatting data (take a backup before)

I already have a Miui 9 9.5.50 rom but is it possible to flash MIUI 9 ROM on a MIUI 10 rom i hearf that miui 10 have this kind of anti rollback thing

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Quote:

I already have a Miui 9 9.5.50 rom but is it possible to flash MIUI 9 ROM on a MIUI 10 rom i hearf that miui 10 have this kind of anti rollback thing

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

Quote:

7th February 2019, 06:52 AM |#42897  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:

Read the first post of the rom thread carefully. Fingerprint won't work(as said). Fixing a rom isn't an easy thing. You have to ask the devs in that thread for further assistance.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ssssss8622 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ssssss8622 Ad-Free
7th February 2019, 06:55 AM |#42898  

More
srry for that spam looking comments of mine it happens when i have a slow connection idl why
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Pacifista00 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pacifista00 Ad-Free
7th February 2019, 07:39 AM |#42899  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
[QUOTE=Pacifista00;78850619][QUOTE=pol-der;78849307]You are my hero buddy. I will try that tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

@SubwayChamp asked you to use miflash just for this purpose. As much as I know, the anti roll back thing only works on locked bootloaders, and for further safety, the miflash is to be used so that the flash is interrupted if anti roll back protection is going to work

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by YiNiX

As I see my question got lost in the comments, I managed to get some old sd card reader, but the sd is not showing in PC, only in disk managament, so its ****ing with me with assigning letter to it, does anyone recommened good software for reformatting unreadable SD Card??????

Also other tips for repairing damaged SD Card???

If it's showing to assign a letter assign g to it, or alternatively j or another bigger letter

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk658

Hello all

thanks for your input on the issue with this phone sadly till now no luck

since my last message i have been doing some research about flashing the stock Rom to it but its leading me to some questions

first question is on some of the research on how to flash a stock Rom it states that the battery must be charged to at least 50% to 80% obviously in my case i cannot charge the phone or at least cannot be sure how much juice it has in the battery... on the other hand within the same articles it is stating that during the process getting phone ready for flashing it says battery must be removed ( as for this asus its a built in battery and even if i remove it the phone wont be seen by laptop ) so the question i must ask is what is the score with this and is it important for battery to be charged to a point

question 2. since i am unable to fire up the phone and check the about phone for software / firmware versions how do i go about getting the right version for this phone - as seen on the Asus website they have about 3 or 4 different versions for the same phone i believe depending on country

question 3.. how do i know what the correct chipset is again on this model phone seems to have at least 3 different numbers i believe they are MK6737M and MK7637T and when connected to Laptop it displays in device manager as a MK i think as a 65xx as mentioned in a past post

also i have done some playing around on SPflash tools nothing that will kill the phone but just trying a readback and following the instructions given the phone seems to respond to the SPflash tool tho after 10 seconds comes back with an error ( sorry cannot remember the error ) tho i think it might be due to the wrong scatter.txt file

i have already sent email to Asus tho who knows how long they will take to respond but as i think my last option is to flash the phone i would like to know if anyone can point me in the right direction for the correct firmware / software / Rom. for Asus Philippines phones

one last question would it harm the battery and or phone if i jump a couple of wires on the battery terminals for maybe about 10 minutes using an old USB cable and wall charger as i suspect that is what the technician did to get it to fire up before... the goal is to get information from the phone back up any data and attempt a factory reset to see if it will resolve the charging problem

many thanks all

You don't need to charge the phone.

Flash any one of the softwares of Asus. Try to search for the latest rom among them. No problem if not.

Google your device specs to get chipset code or at check processor name in Google then find the no. In SoC-L app
The Following User Says Thank You to Ssssss8622 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ssssss8622 Ad-Free
7th February 2019, 09:12 AM |#42900  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
[QUOTE=Ssssss8622;78850692][QUOTE=Pacifista00;78850619][QUOTE=pol-der;78849307]You are my hero buddy. I will try that tomorrow.

Quote:

@SubwayChamp asked you to use miflash just for this purpose. As much as I know, the anti roll back thing only works on locked bootloaders, and for further safety, the miflash is to be used so that the flash is interrupted if anti roll back protection is going to work

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

If it's showing to assign a letter assign g to it, or alternatively j or another bigger letter

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Flash any one of the softwares of Asus. Try to search for the latest rom among them. No problem if not.

Google your device specs to get chipset code or at check processor name in Google then find the no. In SoC-L app

Hi

i have just got the firmware from the Asus website the correct version for this phone (( so Asus says )) i have just extracted it and there is a lot of files some of them can be seen in the screenshot i have attached but one file that SP flash tool is asking for is a scatter.txt file and that is not provided within the firmware download

i was only expecting to see a couple of files within the download but was amazed to see so many

is there a recommended solution to this....... i noticed on the Asus website their instructions are to copy the file/folder over to the phone tho i cannot do that since its a dead phone

any solutions would be really appreciated fast solutions would be even better to get my wife off my back as its hers and like a typical woman keeps on nagging
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot of rom files.png
Views:	54
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	4700988  
7th February 2019, 10:02 AM |#42901  

More
[QUOTE=Ssssss8622;78850692][QUOTE=Pacifista00;78850619][QUOTE=pol-der;78849307]You are my hero buddy. I will try that tomorrow.

Quote:

Oh ok ty very much. Btw how to flash it? im a little scared to follow steps in youtube I sm rooted and have a unlocked bootloader my cp is Redmi note 4x(snapdragon) and current rom is MIUI 10 8.12.27 Thank you innadvance again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)