FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Any success exchanging vibrant for a phone with working GPS?

662 posts
Thanks Meter: 90

By tony yayo, Senior Member on 23rd March 2011, 07:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th March 2011, 09:57 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I think that it's all software to tell you the truth. After I switched around and tried different kernels, the GPS started working flawlessly after very poor performance on the stock software that came with my phone. Now it's quicker at locking on than my buddy's Iphone...

31st March 2011, 06:44 PM |#32  
OP Senior Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuen2

I think that it's all software to tell you the truth. After I switched around and tried different kernels, the GPS started working flawlessly after very poor performance on the stock software that came with my phone. Now it's quicker at locking on than my buddy's Iphone...

If it was software it would have been fixed by now and it's not. My new Vibrant the GPS works perfectly! Tried everything else, nothing worked. I'm glad it does now though!
31st March 2011, 08:02 PM |#33  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Heh, I guess I got lucky (I bought a october manufactured Vibrant).

My GPS (even on stock) will lock on in 3 seconds from a cold start. It usually finds 14 sats, and locks on to a few of them.

I got lucky.
13th February 2019, 12:28 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
GPS tracking device
If you are looking for GPS tracker for your vehicles, you can try OBD tracker from ThinkRace technology. ThinkRace Technology is contributing its technical proficiency to the automobile world with its OBD car trackers. The OBD car tracking is an advanced car diagnostic solution with efficiency to make your car smarter. We provide OBD ii ODM/OEM/JDM service, customize app & application development, technical support & excellent after sale service for our clients to meet up their business requirement. We are the right partner in providing complete smart OBD locator solutions under one roof.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)