Originally Posted by ukanth
I didn't pay attention on your first question. Are you saying you have selected "any app" ?
any app == allowing all applications. That's useful when you are using profiles/tasker to switch to unrestricted mode.
Correct, what I've tried so far;
- Enable IPv6 = no change, no internet access.
- Use built-in/system BusyBox/iptables = no change, no internet access.
- Allow internet access for every app and service = no change, no internet access.
- Allow "Any app" = actually works, got internet access.
- Use blacklist instead of whitelist = works, got internet access.
I'm mostly surprised by the difference in results between selecting all the applications, compared to to the "Any apps". Also seeing the results of blacklist, my suspicion is that something get blocked using whitelist, which is allowed by selecting the "Any apps", and it's allowed by default using the blacklist.
This is on Pie, OnePlus 5. Tried latest custom ROMs; CNP (Nitrogen), Omni (Treskmod). Using Magisk 18.1. Latest AFWall. Never had this issue on Oreo.