Thanks Meter: 1,022

By aicjofs, Senior Member on 15th January 2013, 08:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th September 2018, 08:32 AM |#321  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

Jb and kk bootloaders were taken from the ota's.

OK, well I have NVFLASH and the commands I need to pull the bootloader from the device.
Just got to work out how to initialise the device correctly in apx mode.

Ah I think I saw something about that!

There is a jumper on the board to short-out that puts into an apx recovery. I will see if I can find it again

EDIT: Here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1701
Aicjofs usage of it with some instructions info here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...2587543&page=2

Also some aicjofs command info:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1687
6th September 2018, 10:47 AM |#322  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,863

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbobspoons2

Ah I think I saw something about that!

There is a jumper on the board to short-out that puts into an apx recovery. I will see if I can find it again

EDIT: Here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1701
Aicjofs usage of it with some instructions info here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...2587543&page=2

Also some aicjofs command info:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1687

Not required to short the pins on the device as we're not bricked. As long the bootloader is accessible can get into APX mode no problem. Just got to initialise the device once in APX mode.

The commands give me some idea of what's needed but the links are dead.
I'll work it out somehow.

I've got Nvidias references for NVFLASH and have seen a few other examples for other devices.

Would have been nice to have had that batch file though.
6th September 2018, 12:47 PM |#323  

More
Quote:

Not required to short the pins on the device as we're not bricked. As long the bootloader is accessible can get into APX mode no problem. Just got to initialise the device once in APX mode.

The commands give me some idea of what's needed but the links are dead.
I'll work it out somehow.

I've got Nvidias references for NVFLASH and have seen a few other examples for other devices.

Would have been nice to have had that batch file though.

Thanks so much.
I did send a PM to aicjofs for any files and info he could help with but I think he no longer visits the site sadly.
Which batch file specifically? Maybe we can google search it or ask the other posters in the thread via PM if they saved a copy of it?
6th September 2018, 12:58 PM |#324  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,863

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks so much.
I did send a PM to aicjofs for any files and info he could help with but I think he no longer visits the site sadly.
Which batch file specifically? Maybe we can google search it or ask the other posters in the thread via PM if they saved a copy of it?

It's fine don't worry. I'm sure I can work it out.
The Following User Says Thank You to ashyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ashyx Ad-Free
12th October 2018, 08:58 AM |#325  

More
Quote:

Hi
Just while this is in progress can I ask another question please? All of a sudden the nabi2 doesnt keep the wallpaper background after a power-down and reboot. Its been fine for years but now suddenly it reverts to the default picture.
The gallery picture is still there and I can set it again fine, but then after a shutdown and restart its back to default.
Very odd, any ideas please?
11th November 2018, 10:04 AM |#326  

More
Quote:

Just wondering if you had managed to make any progress? I know it must be a difficult thing.
Thanks
Alex
22nd January 2019, 03:12 PM |#327  

More
Please help again
Quote:

Hi, please please help again.
So today, ICS version of youtube has stopped working, so no longer need the ICS bootloader as the whole ICS is now useless to my little boy as youtube is his big thing
So I am moving him onto the JB version that I have, long process.

But looking into the future, I hope to build ready a KitKat version on one of my spare ICS tablets for when google kills youtube for JellyBean.

Sadly I have no idea how to do this. I can do recovers from TWRP but the bootloader thing escapes me.
Please, please. Do you have an easy guide on how I can get one of the KitKats onto my spare ICS?
Also, which/wwhere would the downloads for those be please.

Please help
Thanks
Alex
22nd January 2019, 09:29 PM |#328  

More
Really not sure of the difference between installing and flashing and how this works with bootloaders and TWRP
18th February 2019, 11:30 AM |#329  

More
Quote:

Really not sure of the difference between installing and flashing and how this works with bootloaders and TWRP

I have bricked my spare Nabi2
Please help

I had it rooted in ICS
I tried to use TWRP to recover a stock KitKat that I downloaded from this site. I then used TWRP to "install" the bootloader
During this time it did say I would need to upgrade to a Jellybean TWRP but at that point I had no options to.

I rebooted and it locks on the nabi logo. Last time I saw this I was trying to put ICS over a JB bootloader so it may be similar if the KK bootloader didnt install properly.
anyways, TWRP is gone.
If I reboot to recovery, I get the dead android.
I can see fastboot but no idea how to do that.

Nabi will not boot up, so will not recognise on PC. I am really stuck.

Is there any way I can get an updated TWRP onto my sd card then somehow use the fastboot to flash it in as recovery? Then at least I could recover a JB system and install the JB bootloader so I would have something. Now its just dead.

Please please help.
Alex

EDIT: I have managed to unbrick it and get it into KitKat. Seems now to be unrooted sadly. Also, has a stupid front screen to the parent mode as well as not being able to tap the wifi/clock/battery icon for info. Any ideas on fixing these appreciated please.
Edit2: NOw rooted. Still have awful launcher thing and awful lock screen though. If any way to fix that please do tell.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nabi-2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)