9 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By katleastudio, Junior Member on 20th March 2011, 12:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th June 2017, 07:29 PM |#91  
Flag Witten
Thanks Meter: 22

More
want to try it, but as long your webpage has an trojaner i dont try it... both links and on both sites my av says it has an Trojaner... can explain?

EDIT:
Its because the provider links to suspicious sites... the domain doesnt exist anymore... to bad... are there a way to get the img?

22nd August 2017, 05:04 PM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 292

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrok

want to try it, but as long your webpage has an trojaner i dont try it... both links and on both sites my av says it has an Trojaner... can explain?

EDIT:
Its because the provider links to suspicious sites... the domain doesnt exist anymore... to bad... are there a way to get the img?

Wayback machine or PM me in a week and I'll send you the files.
18th February 2019, 12:49 AM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranomez

Wayback machine or PM me in a week and I'll send you the files.

Any chance of sharing those files? I've found my A70IT and it still runs android.... tnx
18th February 2019, 10:33 AM |#94  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OminousE

Any chance of sharing those files? I've found my A70IT and it still runs android.... tnx

Sadly my computer is out of commission till probably the summer (by which I mean physically inaccessible) and I'm fairly sure I don't have any of the GNOME images on either of my laptops or cloud storage but IIRC the web archive had them backed up so you should look there.
I do have the Debian LXDE from OpenAOS and the Bodhi Linux images on my 101IT if those would be good enough (TBH I don't use the GNOME images cause I find it's way too heavy, granted Enlightenment is also heavy but at least it's really the most mobile friendly you'll get on these OMAP 3 devices so the performance trade-off is worth it)?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ranomez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ranomez Ad-Free
18th February 2019, 10:58 AM |#95  

More
Quote:

Sadly my computer is out of commission till probably the summer (by which I mean physically inaccessible) and I'm fairly sure I don't have any of the GNOME images on either of my laptops or cloud storage but IIRC the web archive had them backed up so you should look there.
I do have the Debian LXDE from OpenAOS and the Bodhi Linux images on my 101IT if those would be good enough (TBH I don't use the GNOME images cause I find it's way too heavy, granted Enlightenment is also heavy but at least it's really the most mobile friendly you'll get on these OMAP 3 devices so the performance trade-off is worth it)?

Tnx for the replay.

It was more like a moment of "What should I do with this thing?"
I tried building debian from scratch but never managed to finalize it and just gave up. If I could find anything to just load other than android... just to play with it. Maybe it would be more suitable as web interface for smart home...
18th February 2019, 11:38 AM |#96  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OminousE

Tnx for the replay.

It was more like a moment of "What should I do with this thing?"
I tried building debian from scratch but never managed to finalize it and just gave up. If I could find anything to just load other than android... just to play with it. Maybe it would be more suitable as web interface for smart home...

OK, I'll clean up and upload the Bodhi, Debian LXDE and Angstrom images (I also have that still, I forgot) when I finish college for today but IIRC the OpenAOS site works 100% on the wayback machine (just Google that and on the wayback machine site enter the link to the OpenAOS site) so you can get a clean Debian LXDE image straight from there and certainly sooner than I'll be able to upload it (especially cause I have to clean it up of any personal files) and you'll need to setup at least the OpenAOS multiboot menu anyway if not kboot also.
Personally I find the tablet is the most useful on Android 4 with some tweaks from the L-Speed app enabled and using greenify to keep some system processes dead when not in use (especially all Google stuff) but that's not the purpose I'm using it for.
18th February 2019, 11:44 AM |#97  

More
Quote:

OK, I'll clean up and upload the Bodhi, Debian LXDE and Angstrom images (I also have that still, I forgot) when I finish college for today but IIRC the OpenAOS site works 100% on the wayback machine (just Google that and on the wayback machine site enter the link to the OpenAOS site) so you can get a clean Debian LXDE image straight from there and certainly sooner than I'll be able to upload it (especially cause I have to clean it up of any personal files) and you'll need to setup at least the OpenAOS multiboot menu anyway if not kboot also.
Personally I find the tablet is the most useful on Android 4 with some tweaks from the L-Speed app enabled and using greenify to keep some system processes dead when not in use (especially all Google stuff) but that's not the purpose I'm using it for.

No need to cleanup and upload. If you had that laying around ok, but no need to waste time on that. If I get some free time I will make my own debian build. I didn't know there was Android 4 build for gen 8. I might try that. Thank you for the replays
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)