FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Multiformat e-reader app

8,780 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,054

By ftgg99, Account currently disabled on 7th November 2010, 09:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Im getting really tired of dicking around with converting to epub... are there any apps that will render a majority of ebook formats?

Ideally quality apps.

7th November 2010, 10:11 PM |#2  
Flag Kansas City, MO
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I use Aldiko App and Calibre on the PC. Not sure this is what your looking for. Calibre manages you library and converts all your books to any format all at one time and I thought Aldiko used more than one format but I'm probably wrong. I converted all my books to the same format a long time ago and I use Aldiko to read them. Maybe one of these will help you out or lead you to something that will.
8th November 2010, 12:16 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I use this one. Its pretty good and it's free

http://www.fbreader.org/FBReaderJ/

Also Ireader is very good (get it on the market), both the free version, and the paying one. With the paying one you can also read locked mobibook format. Its excellent.
9th November 2010, 12:34 AM |#4  

More
@ dboppc130

Is there a way to use the external memory card with Aldiko?

I just started playing with it so maybe I missed the setting but it seems that it only sees the internal SD.

Otherwise it is a nice reader

Cheers
9th November 2010, 12:52 AM |#5  
Flag Kansas City, MO

More
I don't have a tab yet so I'm not sure about the internal/external card. I know that on my HTC Aria, all the books are stored on my external SD card. I have several hundred books on there now. I used Calibre on my PC to re-code them all to one format and the program auto pushed them to my SD card. I used this guide to get started.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/how...libre_progress

Then I went to www.aldiko.com/ to figure out the app.

Hope this helps

When you install Aldiko it makes a folder on the SD card called Ebooks. Inside that folder is one called import. Make sure you push new books to the import folder. then inside Aldiko hit the minu button and select import. Then it will add new books to your library.
9th November 2010, 12:19 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Thumbs up
I use a mix of:

eBook (Samsung bundled app)
Aldiko
FBReader
Kindle
Kobo

...and for comic books:

jjComics Viewer
ACV

...and for audio books / podcasts:

AudioBooks
TuneIn Radio
ACast

28th February 2019, 08:45 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftgg99

Im getting really tired of dicking around with converting to epub... are there any apps that will render a majority of ebook formats?

Ideally quality apps.

I recommend FullReader. It supports not only ePub files but also opens many other formats.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)