Help - Huawei data management services is eating my battery

Search This thread

vodovodo

Oct 28, 2006
Hello,

So the day s10+ comes out is the day this freaky huawei software started to act funny!

Somehow I went down from 8+ SOT to less than 4, on the second charge I checked the battery usage and WOW! An app called huawei data management services is just running in the background and eating as much as a heavy game like future fight from my battery

What is this?? Anyone faced this issue? Is there a fix or huawei is just not happy with how much they frustrate us with the sh!ty EMUI and Decided to give us another present to make our choice much worse?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190304_185652_com.huawei.systemmanager.jpg
    Screenshot_20190304_185652_com.huawei.systemmanager.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 1,561

Darkat70

Dec 1, 2010
It's part of the android system process, what you could try is clearing the cache regularly I have done this before and I see a huge difference.

You can also try disabling the powergenie application There's a thread in here on how to do it.

If I don't clean up my cache I get 11 minutes before dropping to 99%

If I clean the cache I can get up to 43 minutes before dropping to 99%

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190305_064301_com.gsamlabs.bbm.pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20190305_064301_com.gsamlabs.bbm.pro.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 1,350
  • Screenshot_20190303_144258_com.gsamlabs.bbm.pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20190303_144258_com.gsamlabs.bbm.pro.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 1,374
Reactions: mike2518

Darkat70

Dec 1, 2010
Android system processes

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190305_064301_com.gsamlabs.bbm.pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20190305_064301_com.gsamlabs.bbm.pro.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 811

Darkat70

Dec 1, 2010
Yeah something isn't right now, put my phone down at 96% on the table, picked up 4 hours later it's at 85%

Android system & Kernel the two biggest issues over 6% Everything else had less than 1% to 0% used.

jhs39

Oct 8, 2015
Chicago
Clearing cache didn't help

The problem still there. Anyone can help?

Someone who reported the same problem on his P20 Pro said restoring his phone to factory settings fixed it.

But if it's caused by corrupted system data you would need to set up your phone as new rather than restore from a backup (including a Google Cloud Backup) because the backup could restore the system data that is causing your problem.

I think Huawei Data Management Services is similar to Google Play Services and that apps (including downloaded third party apps) use the process to sync data so a misbehaving app could cause the issue without showing up in the battery monitor as causing drain.

You could also try turning off Huawei Share to verify that it isn't causing your problem.

Darkat70

Dec 1, 2010
What is annoying is battery/app launch 3 dots.... launch record's

I see apps being launched by other applications that I haven't even used in the last few hours, even when I have set secondary launch off for those apps.

Apps are also being launched when launch on Start up is deactivated.

Seananon

May 7, 2019
Mate 20 pro battery drain

Help! My Mate 20 Pro is a battery draining monster. Huawei Data Management is taking over 30% of my consumption. I've tried factory data reset twice, but no improvement. Please help!

Koong1

Nov 21, 2017
I got this issue two update ago. Now on .243. I did a factory reset and set up my phone from scratch. No restores from Google drive or Huawei phone clone. The issue is gone since. Battery as good as ever.

isamjunaidi

May 18, 2016
Use Assistant for Android to kill the process at startup

Hi,

You can install Assistant for Android
VAa8tQciWmuEx81YA
to kill the process at startup. Open the app, select startup manager, go to system processes and select Huawei data manager. Restart and voila.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Hello,

So the day s10+ comes out is the day this freaky huawei software started to act funny!

Somehow I went down from 8+ SOT to less than 4, on the second charge I checked the battery usage and WOW! An app called huawei data management services is just running in the background and eating as much as a heavy game like future fight from my battery

What is this?? Anyone faced this issue? Is there a fix or huawei is just not happy with how much they frustrate us with the sh!ty EMUI and Decided to give us another present to make our choice much worse?

Install Assistant for Android app to kill the process at the startup. Go to tools, startup manager, system processes, check huawei data management. Restart and voila.
VAa8tQciWmuEx81YA

Last edited:

Sergey1974

May 1, 2017
Had the same issue after 9.1 update. Before no drain was presented. Now huawei data management services have got 30% of total battery cinsumptiin.
What i have done so far just trying to fix the issue :
1. Re install update via erecovery, 2 times
2. Hard reset. Once with restoring from huawei backup, next time almsot from the scratch
3. Deleted all photos/videos from the device (more than 15k files)
4. Uninstall huawei backup
5. Clear cash in recovery mode

No results at all!! This fu***g huawei data management services come again and again! I have to charge the Phone by 14- 15 am, when it droppes down to 25-30% of battery with 1.5 - 2 SOT only...
This just drives me crazy! No idea what to do next!

Ps
Was watching note 10 presentation by Samsung tonight... Seems to be good, note plus has 4300 mah battery... Start to think...

Reactions: nikolas.kyr

LV-RIX-1

Aug 14, 2019
Had the same issue after 9.1 update. Before no drain was presented. Now huawei data management services have got 30% of total battery cinsumptiin.
2. Hard reset. Once with restoring from huawei backup, next time almsot from the scratch

No results at all!! This fu***g huawei data management services come again and again! I have to charge the Phone by 14- 15 am, when it droppes down to 25-30% of battery with 1.5 - 2 SOT only...

Ps
Was watching note 10 presentation by Samsung tonight... Seems to be good, note plus has 4300 mah battery... Start to think...

Hi! Did you find any solution?

sergey1974x

Aug 23, 2019

Hi, seems i did found this little bastard. Not sute it makes me happy, but ready to share :

So far in my case huawei data management services starts eating battery just after i switch on calendar sync with my work office 365 account. And it not depends on which calendar apps i am using on device. I tried it with huawei built in calendar app, with Google calendar and with Business calendar pro. As soon as i turn on sync with work calendar account heawei data services starts eating the batt. Once calendar sync being turned off huawei data services stops..
Other interesting thing is it just about calendar sync, email sync with same account not triggering batt drain. So i suppose that huawei broke sometging in 9.1 in cal sync mechanizm, sync before it works without problem. Will try to send notice to them

Hope it helps. Try to stop cal sync if you have one.
Regards
Sergey

ralphmrm1

Feb 22, 2011
I had the same problem - and for me that cal sync fix (@sergey1974x) solved it. Thank you so much!

LV-RIX-1

Aug 14, 2019
Hi, seems i did found this little bastard. Not sute it makes me happy, but ready to share :

So far in my case huawei data management services starts eating battery just after i switch on calendar sync with my work office 365 account. And it not depends on which calendar apps i am using on device. I tried it with huawei built in calendar app, with Google calendar and with Business calendar pro. As soon as i turn on sync with work calendar account heawei data services starts eating the batt. Once calendar sync being turned off huawei data services stops..
Other interesting thing is it just about calendar sync, email sync with same account not triggering batt drain. So i suppose that huawei broke sometging in 9.1 in cal sync mechanizm, sync before it works without problem. Will try to send notice to them

Regards
Sergey
Thanks, Sergey! Do you mean automatic synchronization option? I see that one under Users & Accounts / Google / Calendar. It seems helpful, but then a Google calendar does not function. I suspect maybe a stock app is glitchy. Have you tried to remove an access to calendar for the stock app and keep it only for a Google app?

Last edited:

LuMe96

Hi all,
I had the same issue as described by others here under 9.1.0.310. Did factory reset and clean setup but the issue was back after a couple of hours.
As I also have a spare Pixel 3xl I finally decided to remove one of the 2 SIM cards from the Mate to put it in the Pixel. I subsequently noticed that the power consumption of the mate was back to normal. Can't even see Huawei data management any more in the battery stats whereas before it was in 1st position with over 25%.
I did some more testing and it turns out that for me it was the "Dual 4G/LTE SIM card" and "swap LTE connection during calls" sliders in the SIM management menu (free translation of the menu names as I run French UI).
I'm now back to normal consumption with 2 SIM cards in the device but above sliders set to off and data on SIM 1 only.

sergey1974x

Aug 23, 2019
Thanks, Sergey! Do you mean automatic synchronization option? I see that one under Users & Accounts / Google / Calendar. It seems helpful, but then a Google calendar does not function. I suspect maybe a stock app is glitchy. Have you tried to remove an access to calendar for the stock app and keep it only for a Google app?

Hi, thats defenitely not an app issue. I tried several apps like native Huawei calendar, Google and business pro calendar. As soon as i am turning on sync with my work exchange or office 365 account - Huawei data management services starts eating the bat. Once sync turned off - Huawei data management stops. And its only about exchange accout, once Gmail account cal is syncing no problem at all.

I rolled back to 9.0 - issue dissaoered, all was good for 2 days.. . But then Phone self - installed 9.1 overnight. Same **** today :( so its really 9.1 issue. Hope they will fix next versions...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Regards
    Sergey
    It's part of the android system process, what you could try is clearing the cache regularly I have done this before and I see a huge difference.

You can also try disabling the powergenie application There's a thread in here on how to do it.

If I don't clean up my cache I get 11 minutes before dropping to 99%

If I clean the cache I can get up to 43 minutes before dropping to 99%

Ps
    Hi, thats defenitely not an app issue. I tried several apps like native Huawei calendar, Google and business pro calendar. As soon as i am turning on sync with my work exchange or office 365 account - Huawei data management services starts eating the bat. Once sync turned off - Huawei data management stops. And its only about exchange accout, once Gmail account cal is syncing no problem at all.

I rolled back to 9.0 - issue dissaoered, all was good for 2 days.. . But then Phone self - installed 9.1 overnight. Same **** today :( so its really 9.1 issue. Hope they will fix next versions...

Hi, what I have done is removed a permission to access a calendar for Huawei app - only keeping a permission for Google app. Sync is still On for both Google app and Huawei app (if I turn it off, then strangely both apps stop syncing). Anyways, so far so good. As before, I only use Google calendar - but now in its own app, not in Huawei app. Hopefully this helps you somehow, mate. And hopefully in EMUI 10 this will be solved.