[PIE][PORT][Non-root][PILL] Xperia 10 and 10 plus launcher + Fo Xperia XA2 Pie

Search This thread

Sahaab

May 14, 2013
London ON
Do you know exactly what aspect of it is restricted to pie? (where in the code is the particular function that won't work on O?)
Im sorry but I have not studied the source, it is probably in systemUI, but i do not know for sure.
Hello,
Thanks for this port.
But not working on my XZ3.
Maybe next update
well please give logcat so I can help you out, otherwise cant really do much as I only have a XZP.
Secondly there are many factors per device, logcat is what will help

Have you set as default launcher and everything? cuz other people have gotten it working on xz3

Doume®®®

Jun 12, 2016
Paris
Hello,
I retry and it's working fine.
I desactivated the order Launcher on my phone, reboot, adb shell....
Works fine. A few options, no grid, no change icon pack.....
Hope Sony add more options in the next update.

Thanks a lot for your work

Sahaab

May 14, 2013
London ON
Update
v1.3

- Can launch recents via other apps (e.g some shortcut manager or nav bar apps, etc)
- Recents launch from other launchers does not FC anymore, and it opens up, but clicking on a recent says that App isnt available, so other launcher support still not there

niaboc79

Recognized Developer / Inactive RT
Sep 8, 2007
Enghien
www.nirvana-records.be
Im sorry but I have not studied the source, it is probably in systemUI, but i do not know for sure.

well please give logcat so I can help you out, otherwise cant really do much as I only have a XZP.

Secondly there are many factors per device, logcat is what will help

Have you set as default launcher and everything? cuz other people have gotten it working on xz3
Yes, all gesture code is inside systemUI. The laucher activate it with correct launcher name. The launcher name is inside framework-res.

The launcher contain also recent code while systemUI contain old recent panel style.

Envoyé de mon H8266 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Sahaab

bryan28248

Mar 2, 2019
Hello,
Thanks for this port.
But not working on my XZ3.
Maybe next update
Works on my xz3 and the pill gestures

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Yes, all gesture code is inside systemUI. The laucher activate it with correct launcher name. The launcher name is inside framework-res.

The launcher contain also recent code while systemUI contain old recent panel style.

Envoyé de mon H8266 en utilisant Tapatalk
Works on on my xz3

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Thanks for the up update version 1.3 now works pill gestures recent apps in other launchers well nova I use and works can can swipe down to bring app back or swipe up to close the only part that don't work when bringing recent apps up is just pressing on the app to bring app back you get error , app isn't available, but swiping up and down on it works perfect so nearly there with using gestures in other launchers so glade I can now have the new style recent apps look using nova launcher , so thank you to who ever done the work on the update was that you niaboc79

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

Just found 1 issue when using other launchers is swiping right on pill to scroll through the open apps you get error ,app not available , but can use it to go one handed mode with the error coming up because same swipe for scrolling through apps , but can not say enough , good work , it's still well usable

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

and sorry one more issue i found if you use abd and turn pill gestures off and use old style the recent apps button works in this launcher and brings up recent apps , but the when your in another launcher and use the recent button you get a conflict and message, xperiahome keeps stopping, even tho i'm using nova as default i guess because this new launcher is in the back ground , i don't know if its possible to stop the recent button to stop conflicting when in other launchers so can have new look recent apps with old style buttons not pill gestures ,, but i think that might be a deep system thing and not the launcher app , so might have to wait for officially system update to sort that , which if it could be done , fluid app gestures could work 100 percent and could hide bottom bar completely that would be dream

Last edited:

Hongphuc1992

Mar 29, 2014
Hồ chí minh
Please fix recen app on other laucher.
XZ1 Pie

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190310-113647.jpg
    Screenshot_20190310-113647.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 435

Sahaab

May 14, 2013
London ON
Works on my xz3 and the pill gestures

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Works on on my xz3

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Thanks for the up update version 1.3 now works pill gestures recent apps in other launchers well nova I use and works can can swipe down to bring app back or swipe up to close the only part that don't work when bringing recent apps up is just pressing on the app to bring app back you get error , app isn't available, but swiping up and down on it works perfect so nearly there with using gestures in other launchers so glade I can now have the new style recent apps look using nova launcher , so thank you to who ever done the work on the update was that you niaboc79

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

Just found 1 issue when using other launchers is swiping right on pill to scroll through the open apps you get error ,app not available , but can use it to go one handed mode with the error coming up because same swipe for scrolling through apps , but can not say enough , good work , it's still well usable

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

and sorry one more issue i found if you use abd and turn pill gestures off and use old style the recent apps button works in this launcher and brings up recent apps , but the when your in another launcher and use the recent button you get a conflict and message, xperiahome keeps stopping, even tho i'm using nova as default i guess because this new launcher is in the back ground , i don't know if its possible to stop the recent button to stop conflicting when in other launchers so can have new look recent apps with old style buttons not pill gestures ,, but i think that might be a deep system thing and not the launcher app , so might have to wait for officially system update to sort that , which if it could be done , fluid app gestures could work 100 percent and could hide bottom bar completely that would be dream
Thanks for the huge update.

It would be great if you can provide me a logcat for that FC with normal nav bar, im hoping its not a system thing

bryan28248

Mar 2, 2019
I take it it's under developers , is it a full report or interactive report you need

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Just force close that application once, like cause it to happen and take the complete logcat after that in a txt file and send it to me and i will look at it from there

You got an email address or some thing so can you send it to you , I figured out how to get a logcat

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xperia finally updated their launcher!

Hey, so it has been a long long time since I have posted or even ported anything.

Finally, xperia updated the launcher and it was a must port for me.

The launcher should theoretically work on all xperia devices with android Pie (and sony software). I have currently tested it on Xperia XZP. You can also activate pill via an adb command.

Steps

Simply install the apk and then install the wallpaper apk and then reboot

If you want pill, you must use adb with your device.
    I will not be explaining how to use adb, there are many guides out there.
    But to activate pill simply use this adb command
    Code:
    adb shell settings put secure swipe_up_to_switch_apps_enabled 1

p.s the launcher will not override sony's built in launcher. But you cannot use Launcher3(Quickstep launcher) with it. The package name is com.android.launcher3.

FOR XPERIA XA2

Devices:
    Working :-
    Xperia XZ1
    Xperia XZP
    Xperia XZ2
    Xperia XZ3

Not Working :- (Testing needs to be done to get the app working on these, logcats also need to be provided)
    Known bugs :-
    Split screen causes force closeFixed v1.1
    Force Close on rotating Fixed v1.2
    More than 1 page in folder FC on rearrange Fixed v1.5
    App split shortcut not working

VERSIONS
    v1.3 If you plan on using pill with this launcher, this one might be the most stable option for you. Navbar replacement/shortcut apps should work with this as long as this launcher is the default (App close animation had to be slightly altered).

v1.4.1 first of all, both have recents working without pill

v1.4.2 second version has recents working with other launchers, but to do this, i had to remove app opening animation(not the gesture) from the recent, so If this is something you cant live without, go with v1.4.1, but if you wanna use other launchers, then this is the version you want

Hope you all enjoy it as much as i am.

Don't forget thanks button and feel free to donate

Thanks @TakuyaZ for providing the apks from the system dumps (and motivating me ;) )

Lastly, please do not use or repost my work without authorization, as this port was done for me and for a friend, took me at least 8 hours of constant work to get it to work properly and was not as easy and simple as copying from a system dump and uploading it and simply calling it a port.
    how can i root my xz2?
    1st - https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/
    2nd - https://xdaforums.com/xperia-xz2/how-to/how-to-root-xz2-probably-xz2c-android-10-t4030775
    (android 10)

here is my logcat bro i hope it helps
    Thank you so much. Ofc it helps (gonna check it out) :good:
    Maybe today I may fresh install my xz2 and keep it unrooted, in order to try fixing all the remaining issues!

Edit. Got launcher working on my unrooted XZ2. Stay tunned!

Edit 2. Attached below is the working Xperia 5 Launcher for non-rooted android 10 devices (XZ2/C/P and XZ3 - Sony stock firmware ONLY), as well the proper WallpaperPicker.apk (11/12/13/... in the apk's title means the quantity of fixes I've made on it)!
    But I can't get the two buttons and/or gestural modes working (commands >> here <<)! Maybe someone could help on this.

If you face any other fc/issue, please, do report with the "how to reproduce the issue" and the proper logcat, otherwise I cannot help out!

Some reports are welcome, please do that!
    Enjoy it.
    @Sahaab
    I ported the Xperia 5 android Q (10) launcher to work on non-rooted devices, but I couldn't get the gestures (pill) to work. Did you change anything in the sources (smali) to make the pill work?
    In addition, I got the launcher working on my XZ1 running Android Pie (9) - distinct apk version.
    I may share the apks later, if I get everything working.

With root, it's easy to make it work, as you can see here (My exposed module will be released soon).

Tia!
    Update
    v1.3

- Can launch recents via other apps (e.g some shortcut manager or nav bar apps, etc)
    - Recents launch from other launchers does not FC anymore, and it opens up, but clicking on a recent says that App isnt available, so other launcher support still not there
    I myself have noticed the split screen bug, i will fix it tomorrow