[STOCK ROM] Odin3 One-Click Downloader and Drivers CAPTIVATE ONLY

Search This thread

techmik67

Aug 19, 2010
Delray Beach, Florida
If i understand correctly you need to have Odin open 1st. Then enter download mode.

PS - from your description you were in download, not recovery mode. They are different.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

actoman1

Aug 29, 2010
after i rebooted my phone while it was in the middle of being stuck on file anaylsis, odin no longer reconizes my phone when i plug it in

Zetalai

Aug 17, 2010
stuck in AT&T logo

I got a I9000 and I downloaded this rom
after I flashed it it kept showing the AT&T icon without actually booting
And any key combination won't bring it back to download mode
Linking it to usb make the whole device refuse to boot up

What should I do to recover the device?:(

MC Mate

Aug 27, 2010
i got a i9000 and i downloaded this rom
after i flashed it it kept showing the at&t icon without actually booting
and any key combination won't bring it back to download mode
linking it to usb make the whole device refuse to boot up

what should i do to recover the device?:(

this odin is not for i9000 !!!!!!!!! Stop doing the same mistake as i and other did !!!! Please a moderator put on the front page in big red text !!! The only thing you can do now is go to samsung service as i will do today.no other fix for this.

Zetalai

Aug 17, 2010
this odin is not for i9000 !!!!!!!!! Stop doing the same mistake as i and other did !!!! Please a moderator put on the front page in big red text !!! The only thing you can do now is go to samsung service as i will do today.no other fix for this.

I've did it
And samsung refuse to fix it
They say it is my fuxking problem and they will not use any method to try flash a normal rom for me
The only solution they offer is to replace the whole darn motherboard and charge me over 4000HKD (which is over 500USD), just a little little cheaper than buying a new i9000...though I told him somebody had the same case and got replacement for free.
It seems my only hope is to wait for a JTAG fix.....

Zetalai

Aug 17, 2010
okay, now the main problem of this thread is

people want to know how to flash their roms
And people tell them to use "odin3"
and you type odin3 in google this thread is the first result.
Darn, how stupid am I.......

Last edited:

glio1337

Aug 28, 2010
I've did it
They say it is my fuxking problem and they will not use any method to try flash a normal rom for me
The only solution they offer is to replace the whole darn motherboard and charge me over 4000HKD (which is over 500USD), just a little little cheaper than buying a new i9000...though I told him somebody had the same case and got replacement for free.
This section is for the CAPTIVATE, not the I9000. Head to the I9000 section of the forums to find an I9000 Odin version or an equivalent tool.

h t t p://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=665

glio1337

Aug 28, 2010
Why would you even use this in the first place? This tool is posted in the Samsung Captivate section and is clearly made specifically for the Captivate.

Zetalai

Aug 17, 2010
Why would you even use this in the first place? This tool is posted in the Samsung Captivate section and is clearly made specifically for the Captivate.

Because people may think I9000 is equivelent with captivate
Because when you search odin3 in google this thread is the first result
Because people think is impossible to brick a i9000 based phone

Whatever, this mistake make me lose my flagship class handset and I'm gonna spend money for another one,....

glio1337

Aug 28, 2010
I would imagine you'd be able to recover your phone by flashing it with the proper tools, much in the same way Odin works for the Captivate.

Kaik541

Jun 26, 2010
Cedar Park, TX
I would imagine you'd be able to recover your phone by flashing it with the proper tools, much in the same way Odin works for the Captivate.

Unfortunately, Odin is a universal tool for a range of samsung devices (not just the captivate/vibrant). This particular one is designed to be a single-click option FOR the captivate, but because of how it works, their phones are (as of right now) unrepairable.

They can't access download mode, the screen just flashes the AT&T logo and then goes to black and then back to the AT&T logo so their phones are now very powerful and expensive bricks until a JTAG option comes out.

actoman1

Aug 29, 2010
ok i turn on my phone and i get the phone and computer screen, i boot it in download mode with the android with the shove, i open odin, plug in my phone and it finds it as 0:[COM4], i then hit start but this happends

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/004> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!

and now its stuck in this and wont finish, what do i do?

designgears

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2010
SLC
ok i turn on my phone and i get the phone and computer screen, i boot it in download mode with the android with the shove, i open odin, plug in my phone and it finds it as 0:[COM4], i then hit start but this happends

and now its stuck in this and wont finish, what do i do?

Open odin before you go into download mode.

actoman1

Aug 29, 2010
i open odin then plug in the phone hold the volume buttons and the power button untile it has flashed twice then while its black i release the power button and it goes into downloading mode, odin recognizes the phone then i hit start and i still get

<ID:0/004> Removed!!

now the phone won't turn on what so ever

Last edited:

designgears

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2010
SLC
i open odin then plug in the phone hold the volume buttons and the power button untile it has flashed twice then while its black i release the power button and it goes into downloading mode, odin recognizes the phone then i hit start and i still get

<ID:0/004> Removed!!

now the phone won't turn on what so ever

try method 3 from the OP

MC Mate

Aug 27, 2010
I've did it

that sucks. i hope they will not give me the same answer, because it is a let's say easy fix for them to open the phone and take sd card out and reflash... i have my phone in the service and i will wait for the answer

actoman1

Aug 29, 2010
thank you so much everyone that helped me, useing method 3 i got it to work finally, sorry for the terrible noob attitude i had and not reading everything a few times before asking i was in a terrible rush but you won't have to be worring about me anymore i have decided not to root my next phone so no issues to deal with, thanks again to all of you.

j7899

Jan 1, 2007
A failed ODIN flash (just hung on the filesystem I believe, wonder if it was due to a lagfix that was installed) to stock everything on my Captivate resulted in my phone being bricked. I don't have any boot animation, sound, or images. I can not get the phone into download or recovery mode, but when doing Volume Up + Power I get the below screen with orange text:

RST_STAT = 0x1
PMIC_IRQ1 = 0x80
PMIC_IRQ2 = 0x0
PMIC_IRQ3 = 0x1
PMIC_IRQ4 = 0x0
PMIC_STATUS1 = 0x80
PMIC_STATUS2 = 0x0

I was able to fix this by using method 3 :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: "MASTER CLEAR" WILL WIPE YOUR BUILT-IN STORAGE!
    I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device.

What is this?:
    If you see the "phone+!+computer" screen, you need this! If you deleted something you shouldn't have and can't get it back on your phone, this is probably your best bet. This is the Odin3 One-Click Downloader for restoring your phone from a completely software bricked state, or for whatever purpose you see fit to use it for. You don't have to change any settings, it is all pre-packaged and ready to go.

If this has helped you out, please consider buying me a beer!

How to use:

1. Download and install the correct drivers below (mac and linux don't need drivers)
    2. Plug in your usb cable to your phone and computer
    3. Open Odin
    4. Enter Download Mode (see below)
    5. Click Start
    6. Be Patient, the first boot will take a while

How to use Master Clear:

1. Boot your phone up normally with usb debugging on
    2. Click Master Clear

How to enter download mode:
    Method 1:(ADB - from recovery or normally booted with usb debugging on)
    1. Open a cmd prompt/console/shell
    2. adb shell
    3. adb reboot download
    Method 2:(KEY COMBO)
    • Remove the battery, sim card, sdcard if you have one
    • Insert the battery
    • Hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power
    Method 3:(KEY COMBO)
    • Remove the battery, sim card, sdcard if you have one
    • Insert the battery
    • Hold both Volume buttons (from i9000 just down, don't touch the power button)
    • Plug in the USB cable and continue holding both Volume buttons

Drivers:
    Windows 64bit
    Windows 32bit

I897UCJF6 - Odin3 One-Click Downloader:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0w2y31maz8mdom4
    http://www.multiupload.com/XAZUYNXSC1

The internal beta's are NOT one-click, please read the linked threads
    UPDATE: I897UCJH2 (Internal BETA)
    You can get it here

UPDATE: I897UCJH3 (Internal BETA)
    You can get it here
    I uploaded this on my Fileserve account if anyone needs a working link:

http://www.fileserve.com/file/emnCn2j
    Did it stay on "File analysis" for a long time?

if you're getting that, quit and unplug the phone, take out the battery so it's completely dead (and take out the sim card while you're at it)

then put back just the battery and put the phone into download mode (volume down + power)

then run odin and THEN plug in the phone. you have to do it in the right order otherwise it gets stuck on file analysis. go figure.
    Right-clicked the app and chose "Run as administrator"? I can't think of anything else other than to try CP3P0LOL's odin 2.1 package, which is safer anyway, because it includes the 3 button combo fix.

Tried the administrator route... no go. I'll give the other way a shot tomorrow since I've got an early start to the day.

Thanks!
    Your phone is likely not bricked. Get or create a jig to get your phone into download mode.

The rest is easy: running the Odin package in this thread, rooting your phone, and installing CWM are all the steps you need to install CyanogenMod.

The root files and CWM files are attached for when you reach that point. Each should be renamed to update.zip and placed in the SD card root directory of your phone. Reboot into recovery (easiest is via adb reboot recovery but that requires a fair amount of configuration to get working) and select the reinstall packages option both times; root first, then CWM.

You don't need to root first, just use the cwm zip then flash whatever Rom you want, the Rom will be rooted, rooting before installing cwm to simply flash a Rom is like wiping before you poop