Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROOT] Howto root easily your Gen8 device [fw 2.0.71 - 2.4.83] + R/W FILESYSTEM

896 posts
Thanks Meter: 278

Post Reply Email Thread
3rd September 2013, 04:00 AM |#811  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ok, my brain is fried and now swollen (can you see it?) from hours of reading today. I realized I was reading step 4 and there were no connections in my synapse happening. Deleted Android Kernal and NOW permanent root, meaning you boot straight to Dev Ed and bypass Regular.

Thanks again

13th October 2013, 08:45 PM |#812  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
35 Smart Home Phone brick
I started to install this SDE on 35 Smart Home Phone. At the end of the installation the phone turned off. Now it doesn't boot. What can I do to recover it?
13th October 2013, 11:24 PM |#813  
Flag Corbeil-Essonnes
Thanks Meter: 764

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remdale

I started to install this SDE on 35 Smart Home Phone. At the end of the installation the phone turned off. Now it doesn't boot. What can I do to recover it?

Have you got the sde menu (power on + volume up).
If yes you can recover your tab by this way.

Strange that it doesn't worked, try to reinstall the kernel and the initramfs with the last firmware frim archos website. I have this pb sometimes. (Black screen after the first logo)

Bizcuite

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
14th October 2013, 03:32 AM |#814  

More
Unfortunately the phone doesn't get to the recovery menu. I turn it on, the power indicator turns on for a second and then turns off. So there's even no boot screen. I cannot try the volume button because it is not mechanical. It is only a touch button located on a touch screen. I saw a couple of posts where people say, that this killed their 35 home phones too, like in my case. Do I have a chance for recovery? Maybe I have to connect some contacts on its board?
14th October 2013, 06:51 AM |#815  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 486

More
So I had installed UrukDroid 1.6 on my Home Connect 35. I removed it, and removed SDE and went back to 100% stock for a while. Wanted to root again.

I rebooted and got into recovery and followed Step 1 and installed the SDE. Now whenever I try to go into recovery, I get a white screen and the device reboots. It will boot into stock-non-rooted Android just fine. However I can no longer access the recovery menu for whatever reason. It appeared it went through alright, and said updating firmware when it did install SDE.. but no luck.

Any ideas on how to come back from this?

**EDIT**
Managed to get it to work. I plopped the stock 2.4.83 firmware file on the internal storage while it was in the OS from my PC. It prompted to update. It ran through, and after I was able to get to recovery just fine, and SDE was enabled. Was able to flash rooted kernel and such. Working fine!
15th October 2013, 01:50 PM |#816  
Flag Corbeil-Essonnes
Thanks Meter: 764

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remdale

Unfortunately the phone doesn't get to the recovery menu. I turn it on, the power indicator turns on for a second and then turns off.

Problem of battery?
Try to charge the tab one full night and retry to power on the tab.

Bizcuite

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
15th October 2013, 05:32 PM |#817  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuite

Problem of battery?
Try to charge the tab one full night and retry to power on the tab.

Bizcuite

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

I did exactly as you say. Then I tested the battery with a voltmeter. It shows 4.57 Volts. I think the battery is good
15th October 2013, 08:17 PM |#818  
Thanks Meter: 110

More
On the Home Connect 35, what's the normal way to get into the recovery screen?
18th March 2019, 11:26 AM |#819  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
dead links
Hi everyone, sorry to go back to this topic. I just found an archos access 101 3g in occasion to 5 € for my son. I would like to root them but the link of the 4th part of the tutorial is no longer active (Rooted initramfs + kernel)
is this someone still has the following [fw 2.4.83 + rw]
thank you^^
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
archos, gen8, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)