Thanks Meter: 56

By frifox, Senior Member on 22nd January 2011, 08:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th July 2011, 04:42 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolusCado

I guess so. I have WMP setup to auto sort music into a folder structure that maps to Artist > Album > [Track Number] [Song Title], and then I only synchronize the songs I've rated 4 stars or higher. That way when it syncs to my car (using my phone as a storage drive), I can browse the file system by Artist, Album, etc., and I only have the songs I like synced up.

Thanks for asking the question, I was looking for the same thing. Maybe I can help you out too. I don't know about the sync tool you use but MediaMonkey can sync songs based on dynamic playlists too. So you can create a playlist based on ratings (or more) and MM will sync it automatically. However you have to have the paid version but IMO it's worth the price.

18th July 2011, 08:15 PM |#12  
Flag Potomac, MD
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by octavia

Thanks for asking the question, I was looking for the same thing. Maybe I can help you out too. I don't know about the sync tool you use but MediaMonkey can sync songs based on dynamic playlists too. So you can create a playlist based on ratings (or more) and MM will sync it automatically. However you have to have the paid version but IMO it's worth the price.

Does MediaMonkey add anything I don't already get with WMP?
18th July 2011, 08:17 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 56

More
many things... with folder-sync being one of them
18th March 2019, 10:12 PM |#14  
EDIT: Tl;DR
PlayerPro can modify and read the Windows Media Player star rating.
I've verified that tracks with less than 4 stars are removed from my device. However, I expected to see more removals. I'll continue to update here

I had an issue with PlayerPro, the 'stars' (rating) disappeared from the top of the screen. I solved this by tapping the track picture in the center of the screen. The star rating on top of the screen reappears after that.
---
Awesome threat.. Just got a Nokia 9, first Android phone
Same issue.

I manage my music with auto playlist and star rating since I had a HTC Wizard and Windows XP, I think :P

Anyway, PlayerPro seem the way to go.
The problem I now have is that I can't seem to change the star rating anymore, in PlayerPro.
This: https://www.aplayerpro.com/forum/vie...php?f=4&t=3305
.. seem to be hopeful but alas. I'll continue the quest on a later day and update here.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)