[STOCK ROM] Odin3 One-Click Downloader and Drivers CAPTIVATE ONLY

5,399 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,976

By designgears, Inactive Recognized Developer on 21st July 2010, 10:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th August 2010, 05:08 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I would imagine you'd be able to recover your phone by flashing it with the proper tools, much in the same way Odin works for the Captivate.

30th August 2010, 05:12 PM |#512  
Flag Cedar Park, TX
Thanks Meter: 906

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by glio1337

I would imagine you'd be able to recover your phone by flashing it with the proper tools, much in the same way Odin works for the Captivate.

Unfortunately, Odin is a universal tool for a range of samsung devices (not just the captivate/vibrant). This particular one is designed to be a single-click option FOR the captivate, but because of how it works, their phones are (as of right now) unrepairable.

They can't access download mode, the screen just flashes the AT&T logo and then goes to black and then back to the AT&T logo so their phones are now very powerful and expensive bricks until a JTAG option comes out.
30th August 2010, 05:15 PM |#513  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
ok i turn on my phone and i get the phone and computer screen, i boot it in download mode with the android with the shove, i open odin, plug in my phone and it finds it as 0:[COM4], i then hit start but this happends

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/004> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!

and now its stuck in this and wont finish, what do i do?
30th August 2010, 06:09 PM |#514  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag SLC

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by actoman1

ok i turn on my phone and i get the phone and computer screen, i boot it in download mode with the android with the shove, i open odin, plug in my phone and it finds it as 0:[COM4], i then hit start but this happends

and now its stuck in this and wont finish, what do i do?

Open odin before you go into download mode.
30th August 2010, 06:14 PM |#515  

More
i open odin then plug in the phone hold the volume buttons and the power button untile it has flashed twice then while its black i release the power button and it goes into downloading mode, odin recognizes the phone then i hit start and i still get

<ID:0/004> Removed!!

now the phone won't turn on what so ever
30th August 2010, 07:25 PM |#516  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag SLC

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by actoman1

i open odin then plug in the phone hold the volume buttons and the power button untile it has flashed twice then while its black i release the power button and it goes into downloading mode, odin recognizes the phone then i hit start and i still get

<ID:0/004> Removed!!

now the phone won't turn on what so ever

try method 3 from the OP
31st August 2010, 12:38 AM |#517  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetalai

I've did it
And samsung refuse to fix it
They say it is my fuxking problem and they will not use any method to try flash a normal rom for me
The only solution they offer is to replace the whole darn motherboard and charge me over 4000HKD (which is over 500USD), just a little little cheaper than buying a new i9000...though I told him somebody had the same case and got replacement for free.
It seems my only hope is to wait for a JTAG fix.....

that sucks. i hope they will not give me the same answer, because it is a let's say easy fix for them to open the phone and take sd card out and reflash... i have my phone in the service and i will wait for the answer
31st August 2010, 01:04 AM |#518  

More
thank you so much everyone that helped me, useing method 3 i got it to work finally, sorry for the terrible noob attitude i had and not reading everything a few times before asking i was in a terrible rush but you won't have to be worring about me anymore i have decided not to root my next phone so no issues to deal with, thanks again to all of you.
31st August 2010, 01:28 AM |#519  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j7899

A failed ODIN flash (just hung on the filesystem I believe, wonder if it was due to a lagfix that was installed) to stock everything on my Captivate resulted in my phone being bricked. I don't have any boot animation, sound, or images. I can not get the phone into download or recovery mode, but when doing Volume Up + Power I get the below screen with orange text:

RST_STAT = 0x1
PMIC_IRQ1 = 0x80
PMIC_IRQ2 = 0x0
PMIC_IRQ3 = 0x1
PMIC_IRQ4 = 0x0
PMIC_STATUS1 = 0x80
PMIC_STATUS2 = 0x0

I was able to fix this by using method 3
31st August 2010, 02:04 AM |#520  
Flag Elgin, Illinois

More
Thumbs up thank you
worked great easy peasy
31st August 2010, 03:02 AM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Bricked!!???
OK so I read the first 32 pages of this thread and felt confident I could successfully flash the stock ROM, used method two to enter download mode, Odin flashed the ROM the phone shutdown ODIN registered complete. Now the phone will not power on to any state nor will it respond to being plugged into to the wall charger. I assume it is Bricked I have not seen anyone else refer to a completely unresponsive phone just wondering if anyone had any ideas restoring it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)