FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Mini tutorial] Beats audio in Poweramp

144 posts
Thanks Meter: 34

By vctrdnl, Senior Member on 17th March 2012, 02:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
First of all, this isn't a system mod!

I have found the suitable EQ settings - which resemble the 'Beats' sound in Poweramp - on another forum and I'm going to post them here:

The finder of this has used an older version of Poweramp but you could enter these settings into the newest one. The author has also enabled Dolby surround in his Desire HD. So we can't fully imitate the Beats audio since our Wildfire S doesn't support Dolby, but this is the closest we have come so far. I have tested about 10 different songs with my HTC connected to my Kenwood stereo and I have to say the original 'Beats' sound is still a tiny bit deeper and more direct (Stock player vs. Poweramp; I have flashed the latest patch provided by einstein.frat). Nevertheless you must really listen for a difference to notice one.

One last thing: disable the 'Limit' option in Poweramp's EQ and set the 'Bass' and 'Treble' knobs as shown. Actually you could play with them a little bit, but don't exceed the 1/2 mark (the position of the knob's mark pointing upwards). You could leave the 'Tone' setting on, it doesn't really matter.

Enjoy!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vctrdnl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vctrdnl Ad-Free
24th April 2012, 08:11 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Thanks for sharing.

There is a Stereo X for Poweramp ver 2.0.5.

So, what's the setting for this?
6th July 2012, 10:18 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thanks. Cool EQ.
7th July 2012, 02:41 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
can we use this in dsp eqalizer ?
7th July 2012, 09:34 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardayksl

can we use this in dsp eqalizer ?

OMG. What a question. Just try it. It is only EQ setting.
24th November 2012, 10:38 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thumbs up
Thanks for sharing. This EQ settings works good for me with Beats headphones
4th March 2014, 08:39 PM |#7  
Flag medan
Thanks Meter: 3

More
o waw @[email protected]
man,, first of all,, you should consider not everybody has the same earphone/headphone/headset or whatever speaker like you have,, since it will make a really huge difference.
20th March 2019, 07:43 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
You can ask for this setting to be sent to some other server eg google drive, or for where to download it from?

https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/...-for-poweramp/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)