Working GCam Port for Galaxy S9/S9+!

Search This thread
G

GuestK00160

In mine it works wait let me give u my settings..btw which one of the following u use currently..

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

In mine it works wait let me give u my settings..btw which one of the following u use currently..I am using m9v6 I think it does pretty gud job and the other one has the cheeta mode so I use it both...

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

In mine it works wait let me give u my settings..btw which one of the following u use currently..I am using m9v6 I think it does pretty gud job and the other one has the cheeta mode so I use it both...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BZCsN2DaHFkiW-WmlVSnrF4K_xyEbWHN/view?usp=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qVMfigKWGhrVYzyuIHr6xAownebXMvHR/view?usp=drivesdk

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

I have tried almost every working possible settings and outcomes and options ..so I think if you should use m9v6 for low light situations or indoors and yes my settings has beauty mode enabled and it works..the other one I for outdoor photography I think it's time when we say bye bye to full frame cameras cause in the end it's just small cropped pics on the screen we see and like..
So can you share your settings then orrrrr

solidfear6

Jan 3, 2019
Just a load of coding. Can u screenshot?
When u click the link on the uper right side there is a button to download just click it..it doesn't matter wat u c some coding or some one dancing u just click download and in the end u will get a file name .xml
Just copy tht .xml file to gcam/config thts it.i hope u know how to use the file in gcam

---------- Post added at 06:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 AM ----------

Just a load of coding. Can u screenshot?
I an unable to upload anything here I don't know y.. we

G

GuestK00160

When u click the link on the uper right side there is a button to download just click it..it doesn't matter wat u c some coding or some one dancing u just click download and in the end u will get a file name .xml
Just copy tht .xml file to gcam/config thts it.i hope u know how to use the file in gcam

---------- Post added at 06:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 AM ----------

I an unable to upload anything here I don't know y.. we
Cool. Theres 2 links. Are they both the same? Or both for different version of gcam? I'm usimg exynos s9+ with latest arnova

akirax

Jan 20, 2006
In mine it works wait let me give u my settings..btw which one of the following u use currently..

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BZCsN2DaHFkiW-WmlVSnrF4K_xyEbWHN/view?usp=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qVMfigKWGhrVYzyuIHr6xAownebXMvHR/view?usp=drivesdk

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

I have tried almost every working possible settings and outcomes and options ..so I think if you should use m9v6 for low light situations or indoors and yes my settings has beauty mode enabled and it works..the other one I for outdoor photography I think it's time when we say bye bye to full frame cameras cause in the end it's just small cropped pics on the screen we see and like..

Thanks for yours config files.

But in portrait mode picture are white overexposed.

Cheers.

solidfear6

Jan 3, 2019
Thanks for yours config files.

But in portrait mode picture are white overexposed.

Cheers.
I am using s9+ snapdragon g965u1
If u are on this snapdragons road everything should be fi9..
I can fix it for u if u tell me which version u using now and which cellphone u using

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

I can fix it for u if u tell me which version u using now and which cellphone u using
Go to settings and in autocorrect exposure corrent it by 1/10
Take a snap portrait mode if not working still then go to fix toggle of fix old wb gain , improve in low light and switch off using sabre and then restart the app and then again take click

akirax

Jan 20, 2006

Hi, I've an exynos s9 plus and I'm using MGC_6.1.021_Arnova_xcam_mi9_v6.apk version.

Many thanks.

Cheers.

solidfear6

Jan 3, 2019

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Go to settings and in autocorrect exposure corrent it by 1/10
Take a snap portrait mode if not working still then go to fix toggle of fix old wb gain , improve in low light and switch off using sabre and then restart the app and then again take click
And one more thing if it still same result go to settings advance base n select bsg config pixelplus ns and back and front both select pixel xl

KingFatty

Feb 4, 2009
Dont bother samsung camera much clearer. Been trying all sorts with this gcam

Could you elaborate? I think the google camera can achieve results that are impossible for the samsung camera, but how are you able to get clearer results from the samsung camera?

Do you mean there is some kind of issue with the focus, or how do you get results that aren't clear?

G

GuestK00160

Could you elaborate? I think the google camera can achieve results that are impossible for the samsung camera, but how are you able to get clearer results from the samsung camera?

Do you mean there is some kind of issue with the focus, or how do you get results that aren't clear?
No focus issue. Samsung camera provided slightly sharper images. In some cases much sharper. With more detail.

Also lighting seems to negatively affect the gcam by causing a darkness in the photo.

Riyad842

Account currently disabled
Is there any version for exynos where front HDR+ works without root???

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Hi, I've an exynos s9 plus and I'm using MGC_6.1.021_Arnova_xcam_mi9_v6.apk version.

Many thanks.

Cheers.
I have applied ur cofig but there is green tint everywhere

Last edited:

Joseph Gomes

Aug 16, 2016

Gcam doesn't work well on Exynos Samsung. It works great on Snapdragon version.

Riyad842

Account currently disabled
How to fix this?? I'm using MGC_6.1.021_Arnova_xcam_mi9_v6.apk

Attachments

• IMG_20190324_115226.jpg
    IMG_20190324_115226.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 336

LucasDeTe

Feb 22, 2019
There's a new release by Arnova, GCam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.4.032219.1950.apk but it doesn't work on regular S9 Snapdragon with Pie and OneUI.

For this phone, the best option is still MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova-based_v.1.3c_fix_TlnNeun_xcam_5_beta6.apk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sep 5, 2018
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ja0-6WIYmf-UpLlbc-_3-Uwa-uQ4Yy1q
    Changelog:
    -changed tonemap of gcam to lessen black crushing on jpeg quality courtesy of defcomg!

Aug 27, 2018:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KtMnt8PJ1xKEvXnRQ_u_Pyd9DJYMrtj3 .
    Changelog:
    -forced 50 frames for hdr+ enhanced capture.

For clear picture in low light, use a tripod and set to min iso for auto-exposure compensation.

Arthur's latest 5.1.20 also worked with S9+ so I decided to do a minor mod to it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JCwavHJW-A8M2HZxSMlpWRQ2xdzjoZdm . This way it will give people a choice on the s9+ snapdragon only! I found that due to lack of exposure settings, arthur's version is more noisy than my version, but it does capture quicker. Note: 48 frames do not work, it will FC. However, I found that 46 frames worked fine.

Aug 20, 2018:

So after tinkering around with multiple new Gcam ports to establish a good base, we decided to stick with the previous BSG 5.1 as base since it has RAW mode! A minor but very important change has been made to the Gcam port since release dealing with RAW capture. Portrait mode live preview lag is still a zero progress since of the snap845 change. Will need pixel 3 or 3 xl dump to figure out.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OkJs8_X_OpUUwSIZC-qAqHij8QxorV6P

Changelog:
    -force 30 frame bursts for all condition for RAW capture.

credits: @defcomg, @fahmi182 .. these would not be possible without them :) Feel free to use my port for your device but please credit accordingly. Donation always welcome, link to donate below.

July 27, 2018:

After multiple MULTIPLE trial and error we finally got hdr+ enhanced to work! https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iWsHxbN1aCEVIF97OJOkA3KX6_y9Vx37 . Portrait mode is still wonky, live preview lags like crazy, and sometimes it takes a picture sometimes it does not and we are having very difficulty to figuring out why it's doing that. If anyone have an idea, please chime in. Enjoy, same config as previous version should work.

July 22, 2018:

Here is the apk for people to start enjoying shooting. I was going to hold out until more fixes but I rather let people enjoy taking photos accurately: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cVdEbu38n7FhZEPCqj6KTXoc5bT-K9Fm/view?usp=drivesdk. Note: This is strictly for Snapdragon 845 S9/S9+ only. Please do not ask why it does not work on Exynos. If it does then you're golden.

Settings to use: Model - Pixel 2 XL. JPEG quality - 100%. Enable toggle for 2016 pixel zsl. Close app from memory and reopen it.

Bugs:
    HDR+ enhanced do not work.
    Front HDR+ shows perfect live preview but when you snap pic it force closed.
    Portrait front does nothing.
    Portrait rear live preview slower than molasses but it work.

If any dev wants to work on this, they are more than welcome to but give credits to defcomg and myself please. Without defcomg, none of this could happen!

HUGE UPDATE: A stable semi-working version of GCam has now work for the Snap 845 S9 and S9+!! Thanks to defcomg ofcourse, so please PLEASE donate to him for his countless hours. I will also accept donation as of now so I can purchase new devices to test versions of Gcam!

Link will be provided once bugs are sorted through.

Paypal: https://www.paypal.me/xterminater07
    Well, for those users that use Oreo on Snapdragon S9+ and S9, here is a working version for you:
    https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcamera/MGC_6.1.021_V1d-Advances_test2.apk

Not Working: dual aperture control, 2x lens switch and night sight (pie needed)
    Working: pixel 3 Artificial intelligence neural algorithms, HDR+, portrait and live view (no lags)

If this worked for you, please hit the thanks button
    Ok all, new update in OP.
    Please people, give an attention to the s9 Snapdragon we are looking forward to mod. because so far only picks up s9 exynos. Thank you in advance, Greetings from Brazil ??
    Is anyone visiting this page every day wishing with all his heart a new version with a portrait mode working just fine? Jaja i hate the live focus mode of the stock camera!!