[Lineage] [Unofficial] [2018-06-27] Phh-Treble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

PTV2112

Feb 6, 2019
Thank you worked on Ultra J8

Thank you for your efforts. I flashed the 8.1 gapps A only 32 bit to my Chinese Ultra J8 MT6580 by Shenzen-Along with no problem. I used SP Flash Tool v5.1804 for windows to flash just the system after flashing the stock rom with SP Tool. I kept recovery.img that had TWRP when I flashed the stock rom and then flashed the Lineage system file without rebooting. I must add that I I had lost the ability to send anything MMS even when I flashed stock roms to my phone. I have been trying to figure out WTF for at least a month!!!!!. After flashing the Lineage ROM: I CAN FINALLY USE MMS!! OMGOMGOMG Thank you guys for this gift!! Can't stress how COOL this particular effect of the ROM is. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Shadeclan

Jan 7, 2017
Bennington, VT
Moto G 5G
Loaded the ARM32 "A" only with GApps onto my buddy's brand-new Moto G6 after rooting it as described in the XDA-Developers forums here. There were issues - I wanted to install just the vanilla version and flash GApps pico afterwards but it wouldn't let me - said it was the wrong architecture. Apparently, flashing an IMG file is not the same as flashing a ZIP.

Well, it mostly works - frankly, I'm surprised at how well it works. However, Bluetooth and video streaming seem to be an issue. When streaming via the Chrome browser, the video will not start. With Bluetooth, it connects to the headset but there are no Bluetooth volume controls and no sound. There was some mention of a Bluetooth fix on the thread but no link to the location of the fix. A little help would be appreciated.

Update: My buddy was able to resolve the streaming issue. Just need a little help with Bluetooth now.

Update2: Found the Bluetooth fix, which I'll repeat here. Assuming that Magisk is already installed, install the VIPER4Android FX Materialized module and reboot. That will fix the issue.

Once again, I'd just like to say that I am amazed that this ROM works as well as it does, especially on the Moto G6 - a phone that is sadly under-supported by the developer community. Good work, Phhusson and all others who have contributed to the Treble project!

Last edited:

bark08

Mar 21, 2019
I am trying to flash LOS 15.1 to my Huawei P Smart (Android 8.0, unlocked, rooted with Magisk) using TWRP.

Downloaded the V5-image here and wanted to flash the image using TWRP.

After wiping cache etc. pressing 'Install' shows 'Select target partition' and I can choose a partition to flash the image to. Stopped here cause I don't know what to choose.

Is there something wrong?

Shadeclan

Jan 7, 2017
Bennington, VT
Moto G 5G
I am trying to flash LOS 15.1 to my Huawei P Smart (Android 8.0, unlocked, rooted with Magisk) using TWRP ...

After wiping cache etc. pressing 'Install' shows 'Select target partition' and I can choose a partition to flash the image to. Stopped here cause I don't know what to choose.

Is there something wrong?

Since you are getting the "Select Partition" message, you must have chosen the "Flash Image" button, which is correct. Flash the image to the system partition. If you have the most recent version of TWRP installed, you should be able to see it.

***Warning***
Make sure you have backed up your phone before you flash this or any ROM - you don't know if it will work or not until it's installed and your phone is up and running!!! Hopefully, you backed up the phone before you wiped the system partition (which you do before you install this image) or else there's no going back unless you can find a stock ROM somewhere.
***Warning***

Good Luck!

Reactions: bark08

Shadeclan

Jan 7, 2017
Bennington, VT
Moto G 5G
I suspect that the bootloader is preventing you from writing to the system partition. Are you still able to boot into the system? If so, TWRP was unsuccessful in wiping the system partition. I suspect that you will be unable to restore any backup as well, assuming that you were able to get a good one in the first place. Also, you will likely find that TWRP is no longer installed in your recovery after system boot

If you find out that all this is true, you will need to replace the bootloader. I don't know where you can find one for your phone but if you are careful and look around, you should be able to find a proper one for your phone and instructions on how to install it.

Good luck!

bark08

Mar 21, 2019
I suspect that the bootloader is preventing you from writing to the system partition.

The bootloader has been unlocked correctly.

To make things worse:
- the image has not been flashed
- the OS is wiped
- TWRP only starts into bootscreen, after some seconds the phone is reset and Huawei eRecovery shows up. No chance to restore the backup.
- adb can't connect to the phone
- the phone shows up in device manager as 'Linux File-CD Gadget USB Device'.

No access, drivers had been correctly installed.
Is there any chance to revive this thing, other than eRecovery (which is possible, I think)?

Last edited:

Shadeclan

Jan 7, 2017
Bennington, VT
Moto G 5G
The bootloader has been unlocked correctly.
It's not a matter of the bootloader being unlocked. It's a matter of the bootloader trying to enforce partition security - it's going to do that whether or not it's locked. You need to replace it with a bootloader called a non-verity bootloader - at least that's what it's called in Motorola phone-speak. Once that's done, you should have no issues modding the system partition or restoring your backup

...Is there any chance to revive this thing, other than eRecovery (which is possible, I think)?
As long as you can get to the bootloader, there's hope!

...TWRP only starts into bootscreen, after some seconds the phone is reset and Huawei eRecovery shows up. No chance to restore the backup.
- adb can't connect to the phone...
Try holding the power button down until the phone goes off then plug it into your computer while holding down the volume key that makes the phone enter the bootloader.

Do you have ADB / Fastboot command-line software installed on your computer? If so, you should be able to fastboot into TWRP recovery via a TWRP image downloaded to your computer. How much help do you need? Are you able to get around with ADB / Fastboot?

bark08

Mar 21, 2019
You need to replace it with a bootloader called a non-verity bootloader - at least that's what it's called in Motorola phone-speak

:eek: Oh dear...

Try holding the power button down until the phone goes off then plug it into your computer while holding down the volume key that makes the phone enter the bootloader.

Only screen appearing is Huawei eRecovery.

How much help do you need?

As much as possible me starts to think.

Do you have ADB / Fastboot command-line software installed on your computer? If so, you should be able to fastboot into TWRP recovery via a TWRP image downloaded to your computer. Are you able to get around with ADB / Fastboot?

I am into Windows, my knowledge in Linux is 0.
I installed adb/fastboot on my PC to unlock the bootloader. A twrp image is copied to the adb folder.
Problem I can't get around is: no connection between PC and phone.

Shadeclan

Jan 7, 2017
Bennington, VT
Moto G 5G
Problem I can't get around is: no connection between PC and phone.
I think that, at this point, you need someone who has more knowledge and experience with Huawei phones than I have. I think you should go over to the xda-developers Huawei thread and see if there's anything there that can help you. You can, at least, post a help message there. I'm sorry that I can't be more helpful.

Shadeclan

Jan 7, 2017
Bennington, VT
Moto G 5G
My friend's Moto G6 is still humming along but 2 issues have surfaced:
1.) Music stops playing through the phone's speakers when the screen goes off. Music continues to play through bluetooth and physically connected speakers / earphones.
2.) There doesn't seem to be any camera app that will take advantage of the double-lens camera and, as a result, pictures are not as clear as they could be.

Any suggestions?

Artarun

Apr 15, 2019
I have a Lenovo Tab E10 , X104F with only 1 GB RAM .......tried around to root and install RAM extension to the SD card . TWRP is useless , because there is no dedicated file for this model , an existing file for the X103F does not work . Finally i flashed Lineage 15 ; works nice , but no WiFi ...whatever i try .
Now comes the problem : want to rescue the Tab with the Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant , the X104F is recognised by the program , but as soon as i start Rescue it says "unsupported model" and recognises it as PhhVanilla !
Obviously in the "system" settings under "Model" it is named "PhhVanilla" and this prevents the tablet from being recognised correctly as "X104F".
Can anyone help me with a workaround ?

Artarun

deuse

Apr 5, 2009
Birmingham
I have flashed the system img in twrp.
But it askes for a password? it says "To start Android,enter your password"

If I put in anything it just want's to reset.
Then it says " Decryption unsuccessful"
The password you entered is correct,but unfortunately your data is corrupt.
I flashed just the system part of the rom. system-arm64-aonly-gapps-su.img.xz

This on my OPPO find X

just tried again and now it says
"A vendor image mismatch has been detected. Typically this means your vendor image is out of date.
Please ensure your vendor image matches OPM1.171019.026

WTF is all that :)

Last edited:

deuse

Apr 5, 2009
Birmingham
I have flashed the system img in twrp.
But it askes for a password? it says "To start Android,enter your password"

If I put in anything it just want's to reset.
Then it says " Decryption unsuccessful"
The password you entered is correct,but unfortunately your data is corrupt.
I flashed just the system part of the rom. system-arm64-aonly-gapps-su.img.xz

This on my OPPO find X

just tried again and now it says
"A vendor image mismatch has been detected. Typically this means your vendor image is out of date.
Please ensure your vendor image matches OPM1.171019.026

WTF is all that :)

So there is nothing I can try to get it to work on my Find X?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts