Thanks Meter: 186

By r00t4rd3d, Senior Member on 5th March 2013, 02:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th May 2017, 03:21 PM |#421  
South Carolina
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Finally! Love it!
I was a long time user of ShareKM. After the built in "time bomb" it had I used the time machine workaround through a xposed module but since xposed is not working on nougat yet I used the IOgear keysair. It works but I still liked ShareKM better. Today I remembered a program called Synergy that I used to use a long time and tried to get it working but it doesn't look like the Android app ever got past the alpha stage and will not stay connected to the server program. Then I remember this XDA thread. So glad I did. I first tested the free version and once I confirmed it worked I didn't have to think twice about the $5.49. I agree with others that it is a bit more expensive that some apps but I have wasted money on other things that I don't even use now. This I will use almost everyday while I am at my desk at work. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FD_

Hi all,
I've been a happy user of ShareKM some years ago, but due to its incompatibility with recent Android versions and Mac server computers, I had to stop using it. I regularly missed the possibility to use my computer's mouse on the Android when I had it docked beside my computer, and, being a hobby app developer, I soon investigated ways of doing a similar app myself. Over the years, I had started several attempts at building such an app, but it wasn't until I had written an app called ReverseTethering that I had enough know-how to make my mouse and keyboard sharing app production-ready and to release it.
In contrast to ShareKM, my app, DeskDock, works with Windows, Mac and Linux and offers a few more features. (But it’s USB-only, at least for now).

Due to the amount of work I put into DeskDock (and the amount of expected support requests (device driver setup)), I have built two versions: A free version and a PRO version. Free has mouse and clipboard sharing, PRO additionally has keyboard sharing and drag and drop, which I'm very happy I accomplished to implement.
With Drag and Drop, you can easily copy files to the Android device or open Urls by just dropping them onto the Android device.

And here we are. I just pressed the 'Publish' button a few hours ago and thought you guys would like to hear about the new app.
Please keep in mind this is a very early version of the app, so there will be issues. Please report them instead of writing bad Play Store reviews!
I have not yet opened a new thread for the app because it's so brand-new and I wanted to get some feedback from you (having experience with ShareKM) first.
For this reason, I am going to give away 3 free promo codes for PRO version to forum members who are willing to test the application (Request via PM or email).
[UPDATE: All codes given away]

Here are the Play Store links:
Free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....deskdock.free
Pro: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...r.deskdock.pro

Let me know what you think of the app!

The Following User Says Thank You to mllora81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mllora81 Ad-Free

18th December 2018, 08:58 AM |#422  
Flag atlanta
Thanks Meter: 0

More
GWF9+R7 City of London, London, UK
1st April 2019, 12:25 AM |#423  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)