[23.04.22] [OneUI 2.5] N960F_DS_N I Dr.Ketan ROM I SecureFolder I SPay (Gear) I Dex

Search This thread

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
dr.ketan, do you have plans to make the most lite firmware? I would very much like to see your creation without standard Samsung and Google programs. :)
No and never, because people don't read. I don't want my thread flood with this and that not working. I have already debloated which doesn't affect any regular fuctions and user have to learn themselves if they want to debloat further. There are lot tools are available.

Reactions: xenix96 and CCJ22

xchatter

Hi guys.

I want to buy something from the Galaxy Store, but when I try to pay it says "Can't use credit card. Rooting detected. Use another payment method." and then I click ok and it starts loading the payment screen where you can choose another payment method, but a popup shows "Error. No payment method available" so I can't buy anything. :(
Can you help me out?

Thanks!

Az Biker

Sr. Mod / RC-RT Committees / Shred'r of MTBs
Staff member
* * * Thread Cleaned * * *

A few things to remember:

1) ETAs (estimated time of arrival or new build, update, feature) do not help development, are off-topic and in general are considered rude to the dev. The dev works for free, on their own time frame and owes no one anything.

Begging, asking, demanding them to do anything, like keep a timeline, is rude, selfish and not tolerated; so please do not do it, especially if you're going to be demanding or rude.

2) If a comment seems rude, or might violate Forum Rules, please DO NOT engage the member. Simply REPORT the comment and allow moderation staff to address this situation.

While I appreciate the thread regulars defending the dev, it only adds more comments that need to be deleted, and only adds more fuel to the ETA back and forth.

3) Thanks for your cooperation from this point forward.

Special thanks to those who follow the rules and make Xda a great place to develop and customize our devices, you all rock!

CCJ22

Jun 11, 2011
Little Rock
Should I firts flash the bootloader and modem before the ROM.?
Can't go wrong making sure you are on the most recent BL. The modem can be flashed at your convenience.

Some questions from a person that just flashed this rom for the first time on N960N device.

Step # 2.Recommended to flash latest Bootloader Modem.
What? Is the stock_boot_SC1.zip the bootloader modem that this step is talking about? Because I did not flash that. I only flashed the rom zip.
Should I start from the beginning? If I need to start from scratch do I flash the bootloader modem before flashing the rom zip?

Step # 3.Download files inside P* folder and read ReadMe_DrKetanROM_Pie.txt file carefully
I never could find a readme.txt file. Is this a very important document I should have read? If so, does anyone know where it is located?

Dr. Ketan's post found HERE has a section as seen below in italics:
N960N users
P06 is common for N960F/DS/N

What does this mean for us N960N users? I do not understand.

In that same post I linked above there is a section for samsung gear users outlined in italics below:
4.In case it stuck with Pairing for long time, make sure you have installed correct vendor.
vendor I never flashed seperately. I see a vendor.img in the latest rom. I assume this mention of install correct vendor may be ignored now?

Side note:: does CSC get wiped when formatting? I understand in the OP (post 1) it states CSC doesn't get touched when flashing this rom. I only wonder if when I format my CSC was wiped?

Cheers mates.

Last edited:

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Some questions from a person that just flashed this rom for the first time on N960N device.
What? Is the stock_boot_SC1.zip the bootloader modem that this step is talking about? Because I did not flash that. I only flashed the rom zip.
Should I start from the beginning? If I need to start from scratch do I flash the bootloader modem before flashing the rom zip?

You can flash BL and modem after flashing ROM too. Post #4 have instructions about BL & Modem flashing

Step # 3.Download files inside P* folder and read ReadMe_DrKetanROM_Pie.txt file carefully
I never could find a readme.txt file. Is this a very important document I should have read? If so, does anyone know where it is located?

Ignore it, since last couple of version it doesn't require, will edit instruction.

N960N users

Earlier version there was different download link for N960F and N960N, this version have common

In that same post I linked above there is a section for samsung gear users outlined in italics below:
4.In case it stuck with Pairing for long time, make sure you have installed correct vendor.
vendor I never flashed seperately. I see a vendor.img in the latest rom. I assume this mention of install correct vendor may be ignored now?

ROm have aroma selectable option to select vendor while you flash the ROM, you can flash it standalone too if you have missed first time.If you have selected this option then you have correct vendor.

Side note:: does CSC get wiped when formatting? I understand in the OP (post 1) it states CSC doesn't get touched when flashing this rom. I only wonder if when I format my CSC was wiped?

Cheers mates.[/QUOTE]

No, flashing ROM doesn't erase/modify CSC

CCJ22

Jun 11, 2011
Little Rock

You can flash BL and modem after flashing ROM too. Post #4 have instructions about BL & Modem flashing

Ignore it, since last couple of version it doesn't require, will edit instruction.

N960N users

Earlier version there was different download link for N960F and N960N, this version have common

ROm have aroma selectable option to select vendor while you flash the ROM, you can flash it standalone too if you have missed first time.If you have selected this option then you have correct vendor.

Cheers mates.

No, flashing ROM doesn't erase/modify CSC

Understood. Thank you Doctor :)

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Does anyone know what stock_boot_SC1.zip is used for?

Found attached in this post HERE

Last edited:

osk4rin

Sep 7, 2015
San Diego
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
After finally had some time and sitting on my PC.
ROM booted really well,very smooth and fast,no problems at all.!
I just don't install the kernel, don't want to mess around .
Thank you DR,Ketan for such a great job with this ROM for our beloved NOTE 9!

bober10113

Mar 12, 2017
Understood. Thank you Doctor :)

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Does anyone know what stock_boot_SC1.zip is used for?

Found attached in this post HERE
dont flash bootlaoder or modem if you are on n960n. its not compatible with n960f.

you can very easily update BL and CP manually your self.

yukimaru2215

Apr 9, 2012
Samsung Galaxy A12
Hello guys
My phone on stock pie with no root , am going to root it and flash this rom.
After flashing twrp i need to do factory rest and flash rom that's it , no need for flashing vendor , bl or anything.

CCJ22

Jun 11, 2011
Little Rock
After finally had some time and sitting on my PC.
ROM booted really well,very smooth and fast,no problems at all.!
I just don't install the kernel, don't want to mess around .
Thank you DR,Ketan for such a great job with this ROM for our beloved NOTE 9!
I did not install kernel either. N960N here. So far so good.
dont flash bootlaoder or modem if you are on n960n. its not compatible with n960f.
you can very easily update BL and CP manually your self.

Doctor mentioned "You can flash BL and modem after flashing ROM too. Post #4 have instructions about BL & Modem flashing"
Does this mean I can flash via odin even though I already setup rom?
or should I wipe phone, install rom, flash BL & modem, then go through setup?

Does BL and modem matter if I have a N960N (korea) but I am using it in USA? Meaning could I just use rom as it is without flashing BL & modem?
And since flashing this rom, my software says the phone is a N960F. But my hardware is for sure N960N.
Many questions, sorry.

Hello guys
My phone on stock pie with no root , am going to root it and flash this rom.
After flashing twrp i need to do factory rest and flash rom that's it , no need for flashing vendor , bl or anything.

After flashing twrp you need to FORMAT. Then reboot back into recovery. Then flash rom. As far as vendor, BL, etc... I am not sure. I am still learning BL & modem myself. But I have N960N so maybe you have different model.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
When decreasing volume of phone it only goes to vibrate, it will not go all the way to mute on this rom on my N960N. Yet my n960U1 is able to go all the way to mute after vibrate by pressing volume down side button again... Anyone know of a fix?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    N960F/FD Dr.Ketan ROM DeKnoxed

ROM features

Features may vary depend on ROM version. Read changelog post for latest update and features of current version.

Credit and Thanks :
    @Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch.
    ROM Control source and all credit and thanks goes to @daxgirl and @Wuby986 for their open source project for RomControl.
    @Tkkg1994 for his permissive kernel @AbrahamGC for some ideas @frap129 for Spectrum app. samsungvn htcmania & 4PDA for tips and some stock apks. khongloi113 for secure folder guide kdrag0n for SafetyNet fix

XDA:DevDB Information
    Dr.Ketan ROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Contributors
    dr.ketan
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Stock (pre-rooted). Source code (samsung) here

Version Information

Created 2018-08-26
    Last Updated 2020-08-15
    Installation and Download

Important :

- This will void warranty.
    - As of now you will lose Samsung Pay and Secure folder forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help. (hope in future we can get it working on tripped knox device)
    - OTA likely won't work once you root device.

Installation :

If you are on stock ROM/Recovery, follow below said steps

1.Enable Developer Option (settings - about phone - Software information - Tap 7 times on build number to activate developer option in settings menu)
    2.Enable OEM Unlock from developer option (If you don't have this option then read this you can't flash ROM before this option available.)
    3.Download and copy ROM File to Ext SD card, Use ES file/Root explorer or any similar to check MD5, it should be match with provided in download section.
    4.Download TWRP
    5.Switch Off device
    6.Press Vol down + Bixby and then connect device to PC to reboot to download mode, press volume up when asked to continue to download mode
    7.Download Odin and open it, Disable 'Auto reboot' from option menu of Odin
    8.Select TWRP (tar image) with AP tab of Odin and Start
    9.Once Successfully flashed, you will see 'Passed' in Odin tab
    10.Disconnect device and hold Vol down + power till screen goes off, Now immediately press Vol Up + Bixby + Power to reboot to TWRP
    11.Select to allow modification
    12.From TWRP, Select WIPE menu - Then FORMAT DATA - You need to type 'yes' to perform wipe. WARNING : This will erase all data including Int SD storage from device
    13.Once format device completes, go back and select REBOOT' Menu and then - 'RECOVERY', This will reboot to TWRP again
    14.Now select Install and navigate path to Ext SD card - ROM zip file, you have copied earlier
    15.Read installation instruction of ChangeLog post for vendor.img It may be available inside ROM zip or may need to flash separately, depending on version of ROM
    15.Let device boot, and read ROM specific Instructions below.

If you are on CWM recovery and custom ROM already, Follow below said steps.

1.Download ROM zip and place on Int Storage/Ext SD and check MD5
    2.Reboot to recovery and select factory reset and flash ROM zip you have copied in step 1.
    3.Let device boot,Read ROM specific instructions below.

Some ROM specific instructions

1. On boot, you will see a notification about don't use any app that requires root, wait till that notification to disappear. This issue explained in MustRead.txt file in download area. Also after first boot, wait for ROM Tool to open, it will provide option for some important fix.

2. ROM doesn't have any CSC included as now csc have separate partition (ODM). ROM will not erase/flash/modify files inside odm partition it and you will have your existing CSC even after flashing a ROM

3.Vendor partition may be included in ROM or available separately (Read changelog of version you are installing) .It is recommended to flash it specifically you are on different base.

4.Since Pie version, OEM is pre-fixed with kernel patch and after flashing ROM, you may find OEM option in developer settings but it will be disable, it is actually because of hack/fix applied. In real case if it is disabled then you may not able to boot rom with TWRP. Simply ignore it.

Read ChangeLog of ROM you are going to flash for any specific instructions. Link to changelog is available in next post below.

Can I dirty flash (without factory reset) ROM? No, We don't recommend it. If you are able to handle consequences with dirty flash then proceed, but don't post bugs in forum without clean installing ROM.
    PS : Who can handle consequences of dirty flashing, they never need to ask this question in forum. ;)

For Encryption - Read This

Download : https://drketanrom.com/

Instructions provided above are for latest version of ROM only, on previous versions of ROM it may or may not be same, we recommend to flash latest ROM only.

How to report bugs/Issue?
    To report issue, you needs to provide following informations, else it will be ignored. Also if your query is already mentioned on OP/ChangeLogg post, it will be ignored.
    1.ROM build number.
    2.Dirty/Clean Install. - If you have dirty installed, Then first clean install and report if issue persists.
    3.Bug/Issue appears right after installing or later?
    4.How to reproduce error.
    5.Is there any same reports there on thread on your searching?
    6.Is there any mention about same bug on OP or changeLog post?
    7.Logs - Attach logs here/Upload to other places where it can be downloaded without registration and doesn't have ad (we recommend dropbox/Gdrive) and post link.

ChangeLog

Oreo
    - O1 - 26.08.2018 - Initial release
    - O1_New - 26.08.2018 - Vendor no more flashing from Aroma. Read above Installation guide for Vendor flashing with Odin.
    - O2 - 28.08.2018
    - O3 - 09.09.2018
    - O4 - 30.09.2018
    - O5 - 12.10.2018
    - O6 - 12.10.2018
    - O7 - 11.11.2018
    - O8 - 25.11.2018

Pie Beta
    - P01 - 05.12.2018
    - P02 - 15.12.2018
    - P03 - 30.01.2018
    - P04 - 01.01.2019

Pie Official
    - P05 - 14.01.2019
    - P06 - 22.02.2019
    - P07 - 01.03.2019
    - P08 - 10.03.2019
    - P09 - 14.03.2019
    - P10 - 20.04.2019
    - P11 - 18.05.2019
    - P12 - 09.07.2019
    - P13 - 26.07.2019
    - P14 - 24.09.2019
    - P15 - 08.11.2019

Android 10 (Beta)
    - Q01 - 23.11.2019
    - Q02 - 28.11.2019

Android 10 (Stable)
    - Q03 - 05.01.2020
    - Q04 - 05.02.2020
    - Q05 - 16.05.2020

OneUI 2.1

- Q06 - 11.06.2020
    - Q07 - 11.07.2020
    - Q08 - 15.08.2020
    - Q09 - 16.09.2020

OneUi 2.5

- Q10 - 17.10.2020
    - Q11 - 14.11.2020

- Q12 - 12.12.2020
    - Q13 - 12.01.2021
    - Q14 - 21.02.2021
    - Q15 - 03.04.2021
    - Q16 - 30.05.2021
    - Q17 - 27.07.2021
    - Q18 - 25.11.2021
    - Q19 - 23.04.2022

How to report bugs/Issue?
    To report issue, you needs to provide following informations, else it will be ignored
    1.ROM build number.
    2.Dirty/Clean Install. - If you have dirty installed, Then first clean install and report if issue persists.
    3.Bug/Issue appears right after installing or later?
    4.How to reproduce error.
    5.Is there any same reports there on thread on your searching?
    6.Is there any mention about same bug on OP or changeLog post?
    7.Logs
    Hello guys
    It's been first time I couldn't visit xda for about a week since last few years. I have planned update last week but couldn't. As we know life have some priorities, and xda is not on top so hope you can understand. Trying my best to come back but yet unable to give date. May this disappointing for some but hopefully you will try to understand.
    Thanks in advance for understanding and keeping patience.
    Again sorry for delay.
    Regards
    Dr.Ketan
    Dear friends,
    When whole world is fighting against corona, being a doctor, my service is more important to my society and my country as doctor, till our fight end, I am taking leave from android development.
    Wishing you and all a healthy life.
    Take care,
    Regards
    Dr.Ketan.