FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,598 Vote(s)
63.95%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.61%
I don't know.

486 Vote(s)
19.45%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,930

Post Reply Email Thread
13th April 2019, 04:05 AM |#43281  
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

Without knowing exactly what device you're referring to, the guidance is extremely limited...

"In General", one or more of the following threads should be helpful for what you are looking to do. Don't be afraid to ask for some member guidance within one of them as well.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3843473

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3833338

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3404024

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3744253

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1943625

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2294800

etc... etc...

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Enigma Machine {aenigma = Latin for "Riddle" AND Nickname for "My Ex-Wife"}.

I know the command or technique to activate backlight at starup in TWRP.

It's

Code:
 echo %brightness_level_max_255% > /sys/devices/platform/leds-mt65xx/leds/lcd-backlight
I know the command is kernel/platform specific.

But this activate only backlight I want touchpad to be activated.

How to activate touchpad at starup in TWRP.

My touch is working fine with philz but screen has to be turn off/on to activate touch on TWRP every time.

/* Sorry if I disturb you */

13th April 2019, 06:06 AM |#43282  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hello Experts Noob Here I live in China Today I bought an OPPO R17 PRO it came with a Chinese Version no Google Playstore I want to change into Global ROM that comes with a Google Playstore any lead? am so noob I have tried to change any ROM before this will be my first time tho! So Step by Step Procedures Please if anyone can help me thanks in Advance ­čśŐ
13th April 2019, 08:51 AM |#43283  
Thanks Meter: 593

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SachinBorkar

But this activate only backlight I want touchpad to be activated.

How to activate touchpad at starup in TWRP.

My touch is working fine with philz but screen has to be turn off/on to activate touch on TWRP every time.

/* Sorry if I disturb you */

I┬┤m not sure if I catched what you mean with touchpad maybe touch panel?

If this is your issue then is not in the kernel itself but in the kind of panel that some manufacturers use on some devices by i.e. Xiaomi uses on a same model (not even on different) atleast three kinds of display; Tiamma, BOE, EBBG and maybe more. The reason? some of them are cheaper.

Developers of TWRP use the only kernel released for a device and given that stock recovery doesn┬┤t need a touch screen enabled and the drivers from the source are not 100% compatible with these then they┬┤re not perfectly adapted to it. It could be that on new releases of TWRP touch screen won┬┤t respond at all. This could be solved using the old drivers but this need a TWRP built from the source or a good dev to edit the exact/s binary line/s when drivers are loaded and knowing which driver your device is using.

If there┬┤s not kernel sources available for your device and TWRP was ported from other similar device then search from another that has atleast two kinds of panel and that this TWRP has been made for both kinds of them.

Download an app like Aida64 and look at Display section to give you an idea, similarly you can find it using adb commands
Code:
adb shell
Code:
getprop

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar-Assassin-96

Hello Experts Noob Here I live in China Today I bought an OPPO R17 PRO it came with a Chinese Version no Google Playstore I want to change into Global ROM that comes with a Google Playstore any lead? am so noob I have tried to change any ROM before this will be my first time tho! So Step by Step Procedures Please if anyone can help me thanks in Advance

With a locked bootloader you can┬┤t spoof official signature from OPPO to flash it through by i.e Qualcomm Downloader Tool, in the case the tool starts the flashing process most likely will end with error and this could brick your device.

You theoretically could do it by using a tool that accepts EDL mode like QPST/Qfil but only an owner that tried can confirm you for sure. It works on some devices but you┬┤ll need some skills to send device to this mode using testpoint method.

If OPPO brings support to unlock bootloader then you can do it easily via fastboot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
13th April 2019, 08:59 AM |#43284  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

If this is your issue then is not in the kernel itself but in the kind of panel that some manufacturers use on some devices by i.e. Xiaomi uses on a same model (not even on different) atleast three kinds of display; Tiamma, BOE, EBBG and maybe more. The reason? some of them are cheaper.

Developers of TWRP use the only kernel released for a device and given that stock recovery doesn┬┤t need a touch screen enabled and the drivers from the source are not 100% compatible with these then they┬┤re not perfectly adapted to it. It could be that on new releases of TWRP touch screen won┬┤t respond at all. This could be solved using the old drivers but this need a TWRP built from the source or a good dev to edit the exact/s binary line/s when drivers are loaded and knowing which driver your device is using.

If there┬┤s not kernel sources available for your device and TWRP was ported from other similar device then search from another that has atleast two kinds of panel and that this TWRP has been made for both kinds of them.

Download an app like Aida64 and look at Display section to give you an idea, similarly you can find it using adb commands

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

With a locked bootloader you can┬┤t spoof official signature from OPPO to flash it through by i.e Qualcomm Downloader Tool, in the case the tool starts the flashing process most likely will end with error and this could brick your device.

You theoretically could do it by using a tool that accepts EDL mode like QPST/Qfil but only an owner that tried can confirm you for sure. It works on some devices but you┬┤ll need some skills to send device to this mode using testpoint method.

If OPPO brings support to unlock bootloader then you can do it easily via fastboot.

I don't have any idea what you said hahahaha
The Following User Says Thank You to Omar-Assassin-96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Omar-Assassin-96 Ad-Free
13th April 2019, 09:08 AM |#43285  
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:

Code:
adb shell
Code:
getprop

My driver is goodix gt1x.
I recently patched my kernel to enable touch that disabled by manufacturer or drivers.

Here @ https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3919103

Even I ported 7 recovery from different devices.

Before this even philz was not working with touch.

Sent from my Titanium Vista 4G using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to SachinBorkar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SachinBorkar Ad-Free
13th April 2019, 02:44 PM |#43286  

More
Quote:

I don't have any idea what you said hahahaha

To know that you don't know is always a good start.
The Following User Says Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
13th April 2019, 02:48 PM |#43287  

More
Quote:

Download an app like Aida64 and look at Display section to give you an idea, similarly you can find it using adb commands My driver is goodix gt1x.
I recently patched my kernel to enable touch that disabled by manufacturer or drivers.

I Just want to change the Phone ROM Version To Global Rom
13th April 2019, 03:13 PM |#43288  

More
Quote:

Download an app like Aida64 and look at Display section to give you an idea, similarly you can find it using adb commands My driver is goodix gt1x.

I had in the past an oscure device (Bluboo S1) with a similar issue even worst and was solved editing a binary entry, I don't remember exactly the dev that achieve this.

But in this case it seems that you solved the drivers issue, the problem is that TWRP is being updated constantly so maybe an older version works better.

If the culprit is the panel then sometimes will work and sometimes not.

To incorporate cheap panels is a known practice in India and China mostly used on sub brands but also randomly used on main products.

Look up on getprop to identify it.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Quote:

I Just want to change the Phone ROM Version To Global Rom

If you don't get unlock bootloader officially you can't but if you get it then you can on various ways.

If you badly need to do it then you need to force your mind trying to understand the basics otherwise what you will get? A bricked device?

If the issue is just with Play Store there are installers for chinese devices that you can try first.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
13th April 2019, 03:22 PM |#43289  

More
Quote:

I had in the past an oscure device (Bluboo S1) with a similar issue even worst and was solved editing a binary entry, I don't remember exactly the dev that achieve this.

But in this case it seems that you solved the drivers issue, the problem is that TWRP is being updated constantly so maybe an older version works better.

If the culprit is the panel then sometimes will work and sometimes not.

To incorporate cheap panels is a known practice in India and China mostly used on sub brands but also randomly used on main products.

Look up on getprop to identify it.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

If you don't get unlock bootloader officially you can't but if you get it then you can on various ways.

If you badly need to do it then you need to force your mind trying to understand the basics otherwise what you will get? A bricked device?

If the issue is just with Play Store there are installers for chinese devices that you can try first.

You know why Because Last time when I was in Guangzhou when OnePlus 6 Came out also it didn't have the Google Play Even to link my Google Account it didn't let me so I went to the shop that I bought the guy say there is one guy that who change the Chinese Phones Version into Global Version so even my phone before after restarting for the first time it didn't come with Google Play or to link my Google Account! but the the Guy Changed it to Global ROM then after restarting and doing the Setup of changing language and other stuff like everyone do to link Gmail account then Google Play Store was there and I was able to link my Gmail Account right away I don't know if you guys understand me my English is not good since am a noob
The Following User Says Thank You to Omar-Assassin-96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Omar-Assassin-96 Ad-Free
13th April 2019, 03:42 PM |#43290  

More
Quote:

You know why Because Last time when I was in Guangzhou when OnePlus 6 Came out also it didn't have the Google Play Even to link my Google Account it didn't let me so I went to the shop that I bought the guy say there is one guy that who change the Chinese Phones Version into Global Version so even my phone before after restarting for the first time it didn't come with Google Play or to link my Google Account! but the the Guy Changed it to Global ROM then after restarting and doing the Setup of changing language and other stuff like everyone do to link Gmail account then Google Play Store was there and I was able to link my Gmail Account right away I don't know if you guys understand me my English is not good since am a noob

Because Google Play is prohibited in China due to business matter.

Try first installing an app called Google Apps installer, if this doesn't result and the apps installed by Google Apps installer break all the time try changing your vpn to other place.

If this doesn't result you'll need to change your rom using testpoint method.
The Following User Says Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
13th April 2019, 04:04 PM |#43291  

More
Quote:

Because Google Play is prohibited in China due to business matter.

Try first installing an app called Google Apps installer, if this doesn't result and the apps installed by Google Apps installer break all the time try changing your vpn to other place.

If this doesn't result you'll need to change your rom using testpoint method.

I SAW ONE GUY ON THE INTERNET BUT AM NOT SURE IF THAT'S THE RIGHT WAY TO CHANGE THE ROM INTO GLOBAL ROM THAT COMES WITH GOOGLE PLAYSTORE

ByAbd RazaaqupdatedMarch 16, 2019

Here we will guide on how to download and install Stock ROM on Oppo R17 Pro. The guide is simple and easy!

Alright, so it looks like that you have the
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)