[APP][4/5/6/7+] GMD GestureControl ★ root

Search This thread

StupidIdea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2011
I have similar issues in my pixel 2 xl running Pie (January security patch). I've systemized it and granted it every permission. I've also disabled battery optimization for it. App works as you'd hope after opening but stops working if you add new gestures or after about 5 minutes. The weird thing is that it still shows the toast notifications or will bring up the center launchpad, it just won't navigate to the selected apps. This being said, certain gestures (home action) works but other navigation features don't (last/next app). If I force close then disable and re-enable then it starts working again temporarily (5-10 minutes). Any help would be appreciated.

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Please share your settings or what you did to get it working. I've been trying for days and not getting anything to continue working behind 5 minutes.

I don't have a solution right now but I'll just try to explain what is going on. The app basically has 4 parts:
Main Android app, root process that reads gestures, root process that executes root shell commands and root Android process that executes system API. Each part communicate to main android app through pipe. From what you described it looks like last process is crashing. The good thing is it works initially meaning the permissions are ok and so on. The tricky part is debugging why it crashes. I will try to review if something changed recently in system API.

Last edited:

addas4

Nov 27, 2013
Dubai
Hello guys!

I have an issue, Android Default Zoom Functionality breaks when I enable Gesture Service, even without anything (No Custom Gestures, just the default builtin)

I am running DevBase 6.0 Pie March 2019 Security Patch for my Samsung Galaxy Note8 N950FD Exynos

Thanks!

Waiting for your reply!

Regards,
addas4

tiho5

Jun 21, 2010
Bulgaria
Hello guys!

I have an issue, Android Default Zoom Functionality breaks when I enable Gesture Service, even without anything (No Custom Gestures, just the default builtin)

I am running DevBase 6.0 Pie March 2019 Security Patch for my Samsung Galaxy Note8 N950FD Exynos

Thanks!

Waiting for your reply!

Regards,
addas4
I'm not sure I understand very well what you mean.
But if you're talking about pinch to zoom maybe you have setup a gesture that has the same/similar path and the option to consume touch events for that gesture is active

viva-yo

Aug 20, 2010
Hi.
I have a problem: GMG GC doesn´t detect my root. But other apps like adaway or titanium do and work perfectly. What can be the problem?
My device is a Huawei mediapad M5 10,8

tiho5

Jun 21, 2010
Bulgaria
Hi.
I have a problem: GMG GC doesn´t detect my root. But other apps like adaway or titanium do and work perfectly. What can be the problem?
My device is a Huawei mediapad M5 10,8

Go to your superuser page in your root manager app (Magisk manager for instance) and give root rights manually if they're not given.

Reactions: viva-yo

viva-yo

Aug 20, 2010
Sorry if this is a stupid question. How do I launch Google assistant with gmd gestures? I can't find it

Enviado desde mi CMR-W09 mediante Tapatalk

tiho5

Jun 21, 2010
Bulgaria
Sorry if this is a stupid question. How do I launch Google assistant with gmd gestures? I can't find it

You could use Tasker shortcut for instance and launch anything that Tasker can launch.

I must correct this. Cerberus still kills GMD service, despite that Cerberus is converted to a system app.

Samsung Galaxy S10 plus rooted with Magisk on Pie.

Update:

In Cerberus I switched off:
- block power menu on lockscreen (on my device it's blocked without unlock anyway)
- fake shutdown

Seems to be OK for now.

However if:
- I get an SMS (I think Cerberus listens for SMS commands)
- device gets connected by Cerberus Client app
It would still kill GMD's service.

For such cases I made a nova launcher shortcut from Tasker which kills GMD waits a quarter of a second, launches it without showing it in recent apps and goes home after that. This is for a quick and easy restart of GMD.

Last edited:

viva-yo

Aug 20, 2010
Note that all the actions from GMD are available as shortcuts from Tasker or any other app.
I know, but it's much more convenient to have all the profiles organized and accessible in tasker, where you can disable/enable them, add a second condition, etc

kojakfull

Jun 10, 2015
I got a problem with oneplus 3t with gmd gesture premium version.
When the gmd starts it works but after i turn off the screen then open again gmd doesnt work anymore.
The toast is coming up but it's not executing the command.
The workaround i did is manually force to stop gmd then open the app again but when i turn off the screen it happens again.
Any permanent fix for this? I rooted with magisk.

tiho5

Jun 21, 2010
Bulgaria
I got a problem with oneplus 3t with gmd gesture premium version.
When the gmd starts it works but after i turn off the screen then open again gmd doesnt work anymore.
The toast is coming up but it's not executing the command.
The workaround i did is manually force to stop gmd then open the app again but when i turn off the screen it happens again.
Any permanent fix for this? I rooted with magisk.

That means the app is working but the service has been stopped by something.
Is GMD removed from the battery optimizations?
Do you have Cerberus installed?

tiho5

Jun 21, 2010
Bulgaria
To anybody who has Cerberus and have experienced problems because of it:

I suggest writing an email to Cerberus. We pay them annually, they know about this and they must correct it. I wrote to them a bunch of times. They are responsive. They claim it's not them, but every logic says that only after their app is installed other processes start having issues. I have problems with LastPass and other apps because of Cerberus.

Again if Cerberus causes problems:
Make Cerberus a system app by the use of Magisk systemize module and also consider revoking Cerberus root rights. It should still work as it should without them, but it will be way less abusive towards other apps and services.

I'm thinking about also reporting to Google about Cerberus and ask for an inspection of some kind for this app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Control device with mutitouch and multitask gestures similar to iPad or iPhone X. Works in all applications. Hide status bar, hide navigation bar and enjoy full screen in all apps and games.

"For those who tend to get tired of Android's status bar, or just want more intuitive gesture-based controls on their tablet, this app is definitely worth a shot." - Android Police

Android 4.0 (ICS) - 8.1 (Oreo) supported
    REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS
    No system modifications or xposed, just a regular app.

★ This is free version - no ads
    ★ Gestures work anywhere on screen and all time - no triggers required
    ★ Multitask - start any application, shortcut or custom action without leaving current application
    ★ Swipe left or right to switch between running applications
    ★ Home and Back gestures that work in all apps anywhere on screen
    ★ Access LaunchPad from any app - dialog with recent apps, your applications, shortcuts and custom actions
    ★ Hide status bar and Navigation Bar - enjoy full screen in all apps and games
    ★ Custom gestures - create your own gestures to start any application, shortcut or custom action, unlimited possibilities, hundreds of possible gestures.
    ★ Assign different actions per app or even lock screen.
    ★ Browser actions - back, forward, refresh new tab, close tab, incognito tab, next/previous tab, bookmarks, find in page, search, history, jump to page start/end
    ★ It does not use overlays and does not make your apps and keyboard unresponsive like other gesture apps.

Check XDA forum for discussion:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1535740

All available actions:
    Applications - start assigned application, switch to previous/next running app, kill current application, start launcher shortcut(bookmark, contacts, call, sms, settings, etc), start Tasker task, LaunchPad
    Navigation - full screen (hide/show status and navigation bar), home, back, recent apps, menu, search, voice search, open notifications
    Browser actions - back, forward, refresh new tab, close tab, incognito tab, next/previous tab, bookmarks, find in page, search, history, jump to page start/end
    Buttons - home, back, menu, screen off (lock screen), Power menu, Volume
    Media and Music - Play, Pause, Stop, Volume, Mute sound
    Settings - show settings panel, toggle rotation, wifi, bluetooth
    Gestures - disable/enable gestures with gesture, exit Gesture Control

Market:
    GMD Gesture Control Lite
    If you like my application, please rate it in market. Thanks.

market_qrcode.png

Tags: Hide bar, gesture, gesture control, status bar, system bar, full screen, Honeybar, ICS, SwypePad, iPad, multitouch, multitask, multitasking
    Thanks, PhilipTD, for generous donation :highfive:
    As a sigh on gratitude I built you latest development version of Gesture Control with Lollipop support. This is the first time I'm sending someone lollipop update.
    Quite a few features do not work but still it is usable :eek:
    Please let me know if you did not receive it.

Progress update:
    I'm currently working on Spen Control lollipop support but a lot of internal thing are common. However UI part is separate and while I updated Spen Control to 'material', GC is still holo.
    I will be releasing SPen Control first with refreshed ui and lollipop support but I want to make bigger update for GC and add/rework many things that were discussed here or I just have in mind. Some things are already implemented but need to be merged into master some still need to be done. Main idea is to clean up GC so it is more intuitive to new users but more advanced features still will be available when digging deeper into settings.
    1) One good example would be path and recorded gestures. In new version I want to join them in one dialog. So user can pick from predefined set of path gestures (swipe left, swipe right, double tap, expand, pinch, etc.) or record it but entering custom path string still will be accessible. At the moment it is confusing for new users they would they want to enter path instead of recording (pinch for example).
    2) Another example is launchpad settings. Currently its confusing that you have to select which launchpad you want to configure. In new version settings will be accessible directly from launchpad instead and configure particular launchpad.
    3) Blacklist - each gesture will have option to select apps where it is active/inactive. General blacklist will be simplified where you can select if gestures are enabled/disabled in homescreen, apps, lockscreen and keyboard.
    4) Default gestures - I will remove default gestures tab and pre-create these in User Gestures for new users. Lite version will have limited number of available actions but users still can change gestures for these actions.
    5) Settings, touch consumption, Advanced tabs, Help will be moved to menu. App will be Gestures view.
    6) Touch Consumption - after user multitouch screen several times with 3 or more fingers but do not execute any gesture app will popup a tutorial explaining touch consumption with link to settings. Now quite a few new users are confused why their effort at Fruit Ninja does not give any result.
    7) Reviewing/regrouping/fixing actions - so far I was just throwing in new actions. Some didn't work on particular android versions, others didn't work on some devices. I haven't decided how it will be done but I want to clean it up. I want to add plugins support too (downloadable from play store) so some really niche things or some bigger complex thing could be moved there.
    8) Backup/Import/Export - long time promised, its time to add it.

While such things don't add much for experienced users it will improve overall 'quality' of the app.

Why cant I just release an old version with lollipop support? I don't have such version. I added lollipop support to half broken/work in progress version and I intend to move forward instead of backporting it. Its not just SeLinux/root issues that needed to be fixed. Some internal Api changed, recent apps work differently, etc, etc. It will be released when ready. Family > full time job > Android (4-20 hours per week).

Regards,
    GMD aka StupidIdea
    10.0.0-alpha

Uploaded 10.0.0-alpha to Alpha channel:
    https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.goodmooddroid.gesturecontrol

Changes:
    - Android Nougat support (requires SuperSu v2.78)
    - Minor fixes

Notes:
    Tested it on N6P (7.1.1) and N72013 (6.0.1). All actions, keyboard detections and per app settings should work. But I didn't test any older Android yet.
    Thanks hasenbein1966, for donation :highfive:

Update:
    Currently Launchpad and Blacklist are completely broken. UI is mix of material and holo. There are still some issues with recent apps. I will create alpha version G+ channel (without support) for lollipop version when I have more stable build.