[Magisk]Youtube Vanced [Official]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

BigBrosMo

Jul 10, 2012
OnePlus 7T
I am on custom rom (havoc) on rooted Mi8 device, Installed vanced black theme (last one) via magisk, just woke up and see that app is gone and there is official youtube app that i cant uninstal... Same thing happened yesterday, so i uninstalled official app and tried to install vanced... Apparently this works only one day, than it changes to youtube official app.
Turn off automatic updates or install detach script

Reactions: kurjeoko

Brenza

Jul 6, 2013
Hello everybody,
I'm trying to install vance on my Huawei P20 Lite
It's running the lastest version of magisk, here's what I tried

- Uninstalled the youtube app using debloater
- Rebooted
- Installed Vance via magisk manager
- Rebooted

There's no youtube icon at all wich I can use to start the app
What am I doing wrong?

DanGLES3

Nov 11, 2017
Moto G5S Plus
Samsung Galaxy M51
Hello everybody,
I'm trying to install vance on my Huawei P20 Lite
It's running the lastest version of magisk, here's what I tried

- Uninstalled the youtube app using debloater
- Rebooted
- Installed Vance via magisk manager
- Rebooted

There's no youtube icon at all wich I can use to start the app
What am I doing wrong?
You don't need to uninstall the YouTube app as vanced will replace it,just make sure to uninstall any updates of the YouTube app before installing vanced

Brenza

Jul 6, 2013
I tried that first but it didn't work: app still showed ads and background play was not working
So i tried uninstalling the app completely as suggested in the first post but that did't work either =(

EDIT: Never mind, I re-enabled the app using debloater and reinstalled the package.
Now it works flawlessy

Last edited:

madbat99

Mar 1, 2014
Motorola Edge+ (2022)
I tried that first but it didn't work: app still showed ads and background play was not working
So i tried uninstalling the app completely as suggested in the first post but that did't work either =(

EDIT: Never mind, I re-enabled the app using debloater and reinstalled the package.
Now it works flawlessy
How people continue to make this blunder astounds me. Vanced has the same package name as official YT. Magisk debloater doesn't actually remove anything, sort of, hides it. So if you have debloated (or masked) official YT, what do you think happens to Vanced? Since it has the same package name, it is also "debloated"

gorilla p

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2011
STL
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
I keep finding that the Play Store is auto-updating Vanced.
It has been detached as that is done automatically now, but the Play Store does it anyways. It doesn't show on installed apps, but will show up if I search for YouTube, but no option to disable auto-updates.
It also never does it when I check for updates and update all, it only does this when I connect my phone to the charger and it runs on its own.
This seems entirely deliberate.

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I keep finding that the Play Store is auto-updating Vanced.
It has been detached as that is done automatically now, but the Play Store does it anyways. It doesn't show on installed apps, but will show up if I search for YouTube, but no option to disable auto-updates.
It also never does it when I check for updates and update all, it only does this when I connect my phone to the charger and it runs on its own.
This seems entirely deliberate.
Dude I answered this for you a month ago https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-youtube-vanced-edition-t3758757/post79166777

gorilla p

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2011
STL
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
OnePlus Nord N10 5G

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190413-102418.jpg
    Screenshot_20190413-102418.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 1,416

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I saw that but the file you mentioned doesn't exist.
I was also able to catch YT it in the play store pending updates list after plugging in my phone. I disabled auto-updates but it again updated on it's own.
/data on the root directory not that one you need a root explorer or do it in twrp file manager thats the wrong folder

Reactions: gorilla p

medwatt

Oct 26, 2013
I installed the latest version of the black version of Vanced and noticed that the video is black. I can hear sound but no video. Is this a bug in the latest version ?

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member

ZhekaJ

May 6, 2015
Hello. How to turn off autoplay next video in watch later playlist ? Autoplay next video toggle in settings is off.

Lulavc

Dec 31, 2011
Recife
You don't need to uninstall the YouTube app as vanced will replace it,just make sure to uninstall any updates of the YouTube app before installing vanced
I completely removed yt from my fone. What i need to do to make yt vanced to work? I need to install yt as system app again? What yt version?

Enviado de meu SM-N920G usando o Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [MAGISK]YouTube Vanced [BLACK/DARK/WHITE THEME]
    This is the official magisk module for YouTube Vanced, more details can be found HERE
    The module can also be found on the magisk repo (Usually not updated due to reasons)
    Anyhow the download links can be found in the post below
    A run down of the features:
    What's in:
    • Completely redid video ad blocking. (This is a much better, faster and simpler)
    • Background Playback enabled (This is also a simplified mod)
    • Enable/Disable background playback via Settings
    • Force VP9 Codec option for better video quality and lesser bandwidth usage (Settings -> Vanced Settings)
    • Override Max Resolution Limit (Settings -> Vanced Settings)
    • Set Preferred Video Quality (for WiFi and/or Data) (Settings -> Vanced Settings)
    • Enable/Disable Info Cards on videos (Settings -> Vanced Settings)
    • Enable/Disable Suggestions Cards on videos (Settings -> Vanced Settings)
    • Enable/Disable channel branding watermark on videos (Settings -> Vanced Settings)
    • Enabled "pinch to zoom" for all devices
    • Casting working with all features (no ads on external devices not guaranteed)
    • File names + installer adjusted to the new "vanced" mod naming
    • [Optional]Detach YouTube from playstore for magisk users
    • White/Black Themed versions

What's Fixed:

• Blocked all video ads
    • Blocked all layout ads
    • Redid Background playback
    • Fixed "Save Offline" feature (only works in regions where it is supported, more info #2999)
    • Fixed all known issues in themed version

If you have youtube already pre installed to system remove it completely or at the least uninstall updates.
    Make sure to always use the latest version of magisk to guarantee compatibility with your device.

Thanks to the following people for making this project possible:
    @Razerman for finding out the methods
    @laura almeida for themeing and doing test builds
    @ZaneZam producing and a bit of ad-nuking and doing the main releases

Telegram channel link (new releases announced here)
    Telegram Group (Unofficial)
    Discord
    Xda main thread

XDA:DevDB Information
    Vanced for Magisk, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    KevinX8, laura almeida, Razerman, @ZaneZam

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 13.32.52

Created 2017-11-29
    Last Updated 2018-08-19
    All downloads can now be found in the magisk manager app.
    Sad to announce this but YouTube has reached a stage where it seems impossible to create a magisk module out of the root apk so it's with great sadness that we must discontinue the magisk module as it serves no purpose anymore, for instructions on how to install the updated root version you can find them on the Vanced website Vanced.app, A mod can close this thread if they wish but we are going to discontinue the magisk module unless someone figures out a way of keeping it going :(
    Update 13.50.52 Build 01.28.30

Hi Guys,

quickly to let u know

Changelog:

• logo change (adjustments to the new one)
    • home screen ads removed (switchable, default off)
    • preferred speed fix
    • casting logo removal fix
    • 13.50.52 auto repeat fix
    • update screen removal (hopefully)
      credits and thx to @ninestarkoko for the very useful infos:
      https://xdaforums.com/sho...postcount=7363
    vanced.app, mirrors and magisk repo updated!

Have fun with this lil pre-christmas gift.
    Modules updated to 13.07.55, Switched name to YouTube Vanced.