I was able to downgrade app on Oreo 8 (Honor 9) with the following lines (line 1 is probably useless, but i didn't tried without it):
I think trick is to downgrade right after restart... Last line is the one with the old apk, change the path accordingly...
bin\adb.exe shell getprop ro.build.version.release
bin\adb.exe install -r -d tmp\LegacyWhatsApp.apk
if %sdkver% geq 23 ( bin\adb.exe backup -f tmp\whatsapp.ab com.whatsapp ) else ( bin\adb.exe backup -f tmp\whatsapp.ab -noapk com.whatsapp )
if %sdkver% geq 23 ( bin\adb.exe shell "bu 1 backup com.whatsapp > /sdcard/whatsapp.ab" bin\adb.exe pull /sdcard/whatsapp.ab tmp/whatsapp.ab ) else ( bin\adb.exe shell "bu 1 backup -noapk com.whatsapp > /sdcard/whatsapp.ab" bin\adb.exe pull /sdcard/whatsapp.ab tmp/whatsapp.ab )
Direct extraction from Android smartphones
Rooted (Android 4.0-9.0) and non-rooted (Android 4.0-6.0.1) devices are supported. Phone must be unlocked for acquisition.
Just extracted WhatsApp data from:
- Lenovo P2 under Android 7.0
- Galaxy S8 under Android 9.0
I spent 4 hours on the script to apply fixes and improve it.
I will "publish" it soon.
Few tips before publishing (they will be in the script):
- If you get an error during the downgrade, reboot your phone before installing the downgrade
- I kept the "adb backup" command but before executing it, you have to LAUNCH the downgraded application! (Tested multiple times, without this launch, the backup was empty or corrupted)
- Update "adb.exe" (and libs) and "abe.jar" (thanks @progman321 for the tips)
|crypt, crypt5, crypt8, smsbackup, whatsapp|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|