FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,597 Vote(s)
63.96%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.62%
I don't know.

485 Vote(s)
19.42%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,930

Post Reply Email Thread
18th April 2019, 01:18 AM |#43321  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,022

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapmino269

Guys ,How to disable Samsung deffex security?

First of all.... It's spelled "DEFEX". A misspelled word like this can result in a nightmare of results when your attempting to search for it.

This is a fairly new security that Samsung introduced, I believe, with the Android Oreo and the support for this is actually increasing.

After performing a quick search, on XDA, I did locate the following 2 threads that just might be what you're looking for. Don't be afraid to ask for some member guidance within one of them too.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3851487

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3901518

I, personally, am vaguely familiar with the Samsung DEFEX since I haven't seen much about it prompting me to get deeper in familiarizing myself with it but, I do plan on doing this when I get some more time.

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Enigma Machine {aenigma = Latin for "Riddle" AND Nickname for "My Ex-Wife"}.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free

18th April 2019, 08:15 AM |#43322  
Flag Menufia / Cairo
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

First of all.... It's spelled "DEFEX". A misspelled word like this can result in a nightmare of results when your attempting to search for it.

This is a fairly new security that Samsung introduced, I believe, with the Android Oreo and the support for this is actually increasing.

After performing a quick search, on XDA, I did locate the following 2 threads that just might be what you're looking for. Don't be afraid to ask for some member guidance within one of them too.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3851487

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3901518

I, personally, am vaguely familiar with the Samsung DEFEX since I haven't seen much about it prompting me to get deeper in familiarizing myself with it but, I do plan on doing this when I get some more time.

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Enigma Machine {aenigma = Latin for "Riddle" AND Nickname for "My Ex-Wife"}.

I asked in pm noone replied me .
Also topjohnwu said that !!!
https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/1345
18th April 2019, 08:55 AM |#43323  
Thanks Meter: 283

More
HI
Quote:

I asked in pm noone replied me .
Also topjohnwu said that !!!
https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/1345

Hello, @kapmino269.
If you are saying you attempted to PM with @Ibuprophen then please be advised this member resides in a different time zone from you and it is 4:00 AM here as I send this. You will have to allow some more time.

Also, please notice this member's signature stipulates the following:
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support.

I am unfamiliar with the topic and can't provide any assistance. However, you can be certain that you will receive a response from that member. You have not been forgotten or ignored.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GOOGLE_USER For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GOOGLE_USER Ad-Free
18th April 2019, 10:02 AM |#43324  
Flag Menufia / Cairo
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOGLE_USER

Hello, @kapmino269.
If you are saying you attempted to PM with @Ibuprophen then please be advised this member resides in a different time zone from you and it is 4:00 AM here as I send this. You will have to allow some more time.

Also, please notice this member's signature stipulates the following:
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support.

I am unfamiliar with the topic and can't provide any assistance. However, you can be certain that you will receive a response from that member. You have not been forgotten or ignored.

Thanks for your help I forgot that there is boolean value about defex at defconfig

The solution will be by changing value to n
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190418-110011_Chrome.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	239.1 KB
ID:	4744808  
The Following User Says Thank You to kapmino269 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kapmino269 Ad-Free
18th April 2019, 04:56 PM |#43325  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,022

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I asked in pm noone replied me.........

I really can't help you out with this.

It's not that I don't want to but, I am unable to based upon my limited experience with this myself.

My Deepest Apologies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
19th April 2019, 03:54 AM |#43326  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

I really can't help you out with this.

It's not that I don't want to but, I am unable to based upon my limited experience with this myself.

My Deepest Apologies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a suggestion, but...

You might consider changing something about how your signature appears in forum apps. The "unless asked, don't PM" part of your signature gets lost in the signature extension that gets added to your posts when viewing them in forum apps such as Tapatalk. This might be interfering with users catching the significance of the request to not be PM'd.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
19th April 2019, 12:01 PM |#43327  
Thanks Meter: 194

More
There's a thread in the Galaxy Note 9 Guides, News & Discussion called "Everything thread", needs cleaning or closing by a mod as soon as possible, just thought I'd bring some attention to it..
The Following User Says Thank You to TheInfiniteAndroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheInfiniteAndroid Ad-Free
19th April 2019, 12:51 PM |#43328  

More
CLEANED
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfiniteAndroid

There's a thread in the Galaxy Note 9 Guides, News & Discussion called "Everything thread", needs cleaning or closing by a mod as soon as possible, just thought I'd bring some attention to it..

It has been cleaned.

For future reference, should you encounter a post that troubles you, you may report this most expeditiously by clicking on the "report" button which can be located at the bottom of the offending post.
This is your direct line to a moderator. Leave a brief summary of your issue, as this method provides the moderator a reference to what you are talking about already.

Thank you for your concern.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GOOGLE_USER For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GOOGLE_USER Ad-Free
19th April 2019, 12:56 PM |#43329  
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Quote:

For future reference, should you encounter a post that troubles you you may report this most expeditiously by clicking on the "report" button which can be located at the bottom of the offending post.
This is your direct line to a moderator. Leave a brief summary of your issue, as this method provided the moderator a reference to what you are talking about already

I'm on the XDA Labs app, which doesn't appear to have a report button, in that case would I have to log in using my browser & report it that way?
The Following User Says Thank You to TheInfiniteAndroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheInfiniteAndroid Ad-Free
19th April 2019, 01:03 PM |#43330  

More
REPORTS
Quote:

I'm on the XDA Labs app, which doesn't appear to have a report button, in that case would I have to log in using my browser & report it that way?

Yes, unless someone can explain a better method, that would seem to be the best approach.
I don't use LABS and am not familiar with the interface, but the lack of a report button may be due to spatial constraints.
19th April 2019, 01:16 PM |#43331  
Quote:

Yes, unless someone can explain a better method, that would seem to be the best approach.
I don't use LABS and am not familiar with the interface, but the lack of a report button may be due to spatial constraints.

If XDA Labs is anything like Tapatalk, to access the report feature, I tap on the post to highlight it as if I'm going to reply but then instead of replying, I tap the menu button at the top of the screen and a list pops up with the "Report" option.
Quote:

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)