FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] 20/07 | ViperOneM8 6.1.0 ◦ Tweaks | HUB | OTA ◦ ALL Carriers

1,838 posts
Thanks Meter: 56,500

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 3rd April 2014, 06:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th December 2018, 12:14 AM |#32501  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by high_voltage

Yes, it's ok to dirty flash.

Hey hv, thanks - I posted an update after that, it turns out I needed to wipe data too in order to fix this odd problem. Would you happen to know why this SMS issue has started though?

11th February 2019, 05:23 AM |#32502  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 154

Donate to Me
More
No Good?
Quote:
Originally Posted by high_voltage

Yes, it's ok to dirty flash.

Vemom's website is not loading anymore. Someone put a link up 2 pages back for the VenomOne ROMS for HTC One M8.....
My ? is can the latest ViperOne 6.01 be used on Verizon's HTC One M8? Is the Viper ROM working..... or if sites down, ROM is too?
zach
11th February 2019, 06:42 AM |#32503  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 4,905

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbeans2016

Vemom's website is not loading anymore. Someone put a link up 2 pages back for the VenomOne ROMS for HTC One M8.....
My ? is can the latest ViperOne 6.01 be used on Verizon's HTC One M8? Is the Viper ROM working..... or if sites down, ROM is too?
zach

The website has nothing to do with the ROM itself. The ROM will still work
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xunholyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xunholyx Ad-Free
11th February 2019, 03:23 PM |#32504  
Flag Atlanta

Donate to Me
More
Danka
Quote:
Originally Posted by xunholyx

The website has nothing to do with the ROM itself. The ROM will still work

Thanks for the reply! I've run into software b4, when they flip a switch & discontinue support it renders the apps DOA.....
It was just the main guy who started Viper that retired..... 4 other main people remain, you'd think it would stay operational
longer than a few days past his announcing retirement?!!!!

Another ??? since you replied, heheheh.... just got this Verizon HTC One M8 from someone that finally upgraded to the U12+. Reloaded the 6.0 fw. Tried flashing magisk after posting here and it sat for awhile but seemed to finish up. Magisk is NOT installed to the naked eye & no root for busybox? Is there something specific has to be done before TWRP can flash root like decrypt the internal, flash 'no-dm-verity' script or something?!!!!
Thanks for any further help you can provide!
zach
ps it is s-off with Sunshine.....
11th February 2019, 03:48 PM |#32505  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,811

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbeans2016

Another ??? since you replied, heheheh.... just got this Verizon HTC One M8 from someone that finally upgraded to the U12+. Reloaded the 6.0 fw. Tried flashing magisk after posting here and it sat for awhile but seemed to finish up. Magisk is NOT installed to the naked eye & no root for busybox? Is there something specific has to be done before TWRP can flash root like decrypt the internal, flash 'no-dm-verity' script or something?!!!!
Thanks for any further help you can provide!

ps it is s-off with Sunshine.....

You did s-off and unlocked bootloader? I assume you did, since you appear to have TWRP installed (which can only be done with unlocked bootloader).
12th February 2019, 03:12 AM |#32506  
Flag Atlanta

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

You did s-off and unlocked bootloader? I assume you did, since you appear to have TWRP installed (which can only be done with unlocked bootloader).

Yeah. All had to do was put Magisk's Manager on & it recognized it had been flashed. Now all thats left is the lovely task of replacing the battery.... ugh.
At least, from what I've read an M9 battery will fit, with a tad bit more maH's.......
To another old device, not dead yet!!!!!!!
13th February 2019, 02:28 PM |#32507  
Flag Srinagar
Thanks Meter: 203

More
Delete
26th April 2019, 02:11 AM |#32508  
Flag La Plata
Thanks Meter: 24

More
your job is good
very good your work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread