FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,596 Vote(s)
63.94%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.63%
I don't know.

485 Vote(s)
19.43%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,930

Post Reply Email Thread
26th April 2019, 09:02 PM |#43391  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

I don't have an Oppo myself and I believe that @Droidriven may know something about the Oppo devices but, if needed, you may be able to obtain some member guidance within the following thread that's a Q&A style thread specific to your device as well.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3772636

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Enigma Machine {aenigma = Latin for "Riddle" AND Nickname for "My Ex-Wife"}.

I can try to help after I thoroughly read your post but I only have a rudimentary amount of experience with One Plus devices.

I think @Sam Nakamura might know enough about One Plus specific issues to help but I don't think he spends much time on XDA anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_l367

Below is a screenshot of QFIL

How to use it

Steps I have taken to load up my oppo R11s cph1719 ;

1. Press vol+ and vol- with device powered off and connect to PC

2. Load content XML (rom?)

3. Load programmer mbn

The instructions I've read everywhere aren't clear .. how do I load the firmware properly? Says to "extract rom" and the XML and mbn files are in output?? You can't extract ofp or ozip (oppo) stock ROMs, so how do I do it??

Regards.

Edit: I also wanted to ask,, is it typically pissible to load an image in Qfil , like TWRP???

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free

27th April 2019, 06:10 AM |#43392  
Flag bendigo
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

I can try to help after I thoroughly read your post but I only have a rudimentary amount of experience with One Plus devices.

I think @Sam Nakamura might know enough about One Plus specific issues to help but I don't think he spends much time on XDA anymore.

Ok. Where do I start. is the screenshot right?? For mbn and XML I load stock rom??

or.. do I grab the firehose mbn file manually? C'mon any help is appreciated..

TIA
27th April 2019, 07:18 AM |#43393  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
after flashing a custom rom, my internal storage is not showing in file explorer. Through usb data transfer, it is showing "internal shared storage" but nothing to open. when i boot into twrp and attach usb, everything is fine. But as i boot the problem remains. I tried flashing another rom but the problem persists.
So, maybe not a rom problem and nobody in the threads reported such a problem. I had to change data type to f2fs and back to ext4 while installing custom rom as internal storage wasnt mounting.

I am using ASUS ZENFONE MAX PRO M1 android pie
27th April 2019, 07:51 AM |#43394  
Thanks Meter: 575

More
Quote:

Ok. Where do I start. is the screenshot right?? For mbn and XML I load stock rom??

or.. do I grab the firehose mbn file manually? C'mon any help is appreciated..

TIA

When you install QPST then you will get it on Programm Files inside main drive, go to >Qualcomm>QPST>bin and execute qfil as administrator.

Unzip your rom file in bin directory for easier/faster access from the tool.

Once you open the tool from the two options that you´ll see upper at the left select Flat Build and you will need to load just three files that will load all the rom onto your device.

Inside Select Programmer box browse to the unzipped rom and you have to see a file named similar to prog_emm_firehose_sdm....... select it, then go to Select Build and tap on Load XML and the tool will show you the right file RawProgramm file first; select it and then will open again a window and will show you the next needed file (Patch file).

When you see the Download button ready tap on it and it´s all.

If you don´t see these files mentioned then you don´t have the proper files and you couldn´t use this tool.

This is the easy way to use this tool but it could be a lot of issues so this tool is very used on bricked devices or unnoficial flashings through download/EDL mode.
The Following User Says Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
27th April 2019, 09:37 PM |#43395  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Is undervolting worth the trouble ? Does it increases battery life ? Would an undervolt combined with an overclock a good combination ? Is there an any-brand-of-phone app to undervolt/overclock ?
27th April 2019, 10:11 PM |#43396  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 4,905

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raresh T

Is undervolting worth the trouble ? Does it increases battery life ? Would an undervolt combined with an overclock a good combination ? Is there an any-brand-of-phone app to undervolt/overclock ?

Undervolting will increase battery life, but at the expense of performance on your device. If you don't care about slow loading and such, then go ahead and do it. Most people want to overclock which is bad for the battery because of over heating. Personally, I just leave the kernel at stock values.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xunholyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xunholyx Ad-Free
28th April 2019, 12:31 AM |#43397  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raresh T

With root and permissive mode, you can use the Kernel Auditor app.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
28th April 2019, 01:42 PM |#43398  
Flag bendigo
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

When you install QPST then you will get it on Programm Files inside main drive, go to >Qualcomm>QPST>bin and execute qfil as administrator.

Unzip your rom file in bin directory for easier/faster access from the tool.

Once you open the tool from the two options that you´ll see upper at the left select Flat Build and you will need to load just three files that will load all the rom onto your device.

Inside Select Programmer box browse to the unzipped rom and you have to see a file named similar to prog_emm_firehose_sdm....... select it, then go to Select Build and tap on Load XML and the tool will show you the right file RawProgramm file first; select it and then will open again a window and will show you the next needed file (Patch file).

When you see the Download button ready tap on it and it´s all.

If you don´t see these files mentioned then you don´t have the proper files and you couldn´t use this tool.

This is the easy way to use this tool but it could be a lot of issues so this tool is very used on bricked devices or unnoficial flashings through download/EDL mode.

It's an ozip or ofp I want to extract .. 🤔 r u sure oppos can even be flushed with this program,, as the above mentioned extension. Can not normally be just "unzipped"? Thanks!
28th April 2019, 07:27 PM |#43399  
Thanks Meter: 575

More
Quote:

It's an ozip or ofp I want to extract .. 🤔 r u sure oppos can even be flushed with this program,, as the above mentioned extension. Can not normally be just "unzipped"? Thanks!

CPH roms with ozip extension for OPPO devices can be extracted using 7zip but they don´t contain the files that you need to flash using ANY Qualcomm downloader tool so they are OTA updates to be flashed through recovery.

CPH roms with ofp extension have to be used with a dongle or a box like Miracle Box that also can extract ofp files and also is used MSM Downloader but I think that is a non-free tool.

You asked how to use qfil and I explained you but I said also that if you don´t have the proper files to be used with then you can´t use this tool.

If you can enter to recovery you can update through it (atleast you are bricked) or if you already have fastboot available atleast you could try to flash system and boot images trying to solve.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
29th April 2019, 04:00 AM |#43400  
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Not sure if this is the right place, but I have:-
Spigen Liquid Air case
Rhinoshield Carbon Fibre
Otterbox Clear symmetry

I thought the Rhinoshield one was the best in general but most reviews etc. Don't even mention it..

Which should I go with?
Thanks
29th April 2019, 06:26 AM |#43401  
Thanks Meter: 372

More
Maybe someone know how to disable vibration on all notifications at once on Pie?i just want vibration for calls.thanks.

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 5 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)