Help! How to fix Hard-Bricked Samsung Galaxy S4?

Search This thread

gobbler6000

Sep 13, 2015
Hard Bricked Phone: A Phone that won't turn on by any means. Booting to the OS or even opening the Custom/Stock recovery or Download Mode simply won't work.

I've searched plenty of forums regarding Android phones that are "Bricked". But it seems to me that most of the instructions laid out by the "replyer" require the phone to be opened up using special combinations of buttons that would either lead to the Custom/Stock recovery mode or the Download mode which is basically a definition of a "Soft Bricked Phone". A phone wherein it would still turn on and simply has problems with how the OS/Kernel/whatever runs.

Problem: I toyed with my Samsung Galaxy S4 in such a way that it would deal with underclocking my phone. I know that underclocking is a risky thing to do. But I was lowering it to the point where My phone would still run stable... until one day it just suddenly gave out. My phone would still turn on but for about 2 seconds and it would turn itself off immediately. That means that even if i was fast enough to go into the download mode or to my Custom Recovery mode, it would still shut off completely as if I pulled my battery out of my phone.

I'm not really in an INSANE need of help to repair my phone, but a good "Fixing a Hard-Bricked Phone is impossible." or something would definitely help as it would give me a sense of peace around all the threads claiming that they can fix such said phones that are in the same working condition as a brick.

thank you for any help. :) :)

Reactions: Helloziro

gobbler6000

Sep 13, 2015
If I use some type of flashing program from my pc that detects my phone on download mode, it sort off detects it for half to a full second until my phone will give in. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply.

larrywilson

Sep 21, 2015
friend is totally repairable but you have to disarm and perform jtag will return as magic JTAG samsumg you team only will be damaged the initializer in 95% of cases is so

Reactions: gobbler6000

gobbler6000

Sep 13, 2015
friend is totally repairable but you have to disarm and perform jtag will return as magic JTAG samsumg you team only will be damaged the initializer in 95% of cases is so

JTAG? As in that Jtag brick repair where in you disassemble the back part of your phone and you have to connect the Riff/Jtag box to the 6 small pins and use a software on the computer to use the "resurrection" button? :eek: . Looking at that process, it does make it possible to unbrick insanely bricked phones. However I do need a device for that and a bit of electronic skills in which I have no background on. Not to mention that buying such device almost costs the same as buying another Samsung galaxy s4 from where I come from. Seems like overkill at this point haha. :eek:

Thanks for the reply as it did answer my question, but I think I'll try sticking to other possible alternatives if any. :fingers-crossed:

gobbler6000

Sep 13, 2015
@gobbler6000: Not to mention owning one of those devices is questionable legality, depending on where you are.

To be honest, after five years, it's not worth trying to resurrect a dead S4. Sell it for parts and purchase a newer device. Used devices should be easy to come by, and I'm sure you could get a good bargain that way.

Thanks! It's the hard and cold truth but I guess s4 is definitely not worth the trouble now. I thought I could probably use my old phone without spending a few bucks. I'll just use my 13 year old appeal and lotsa chores to get my parents' appeal for a new phone. ;)

In one way or another, the questions were answered. How do I lock this thread? :fingers-crossed:

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
I have faced the same situation once and one of the blog has helped me that I have mentioned below.
Link seems kinda scammy. It's also of no help to the OP. Besides the fact this thread is from last year, the OP's device was hard-bricked. Your link spends most of its bandwidth on soft-brick solutions, devoting only a single paragraph on hard bricks. That one paragraph on the page can be summed up in two words: you're screwed.

Reactions: GOOGLE_USER

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hard Bricked Phone: A Phone that won't turn on by any means. Booting to the OS or even opening the Custom/Stock recovery or Download Mode simply won't work.

I've searched plenty of forums regarding Android phones that are "Bricked". But it seems to me that most of the instructions laid out by the "replyer" require the phone to be opened up using special combinations of buttons that would either lead to the Custom/Stock recovery mode or the Download mode which is basically a definition of a "Soft Bricked Phone". A phone wherein it would still turn on and simply has problems with how the OS/Kernel/whatever runs.

Problem: I toyed with my Samsung Galaxy S4 in such a way that it would deal with underclocking my phone. I know that underclocking is a risky thing to do. But I was lowering it to the point where My phone would still run stable... until one day it just suddenly gave out. My phone would still turn on but for about 2 seconds and it would turn itself off immediately. That means that even if i was fast enough to go into the download mode or to my Custom Recovery mode, it would still shut off completely as if I pulled my battery out of my phone.

I'm not really in an INSANE need of help to repair my phone, but a good "Fixing a Hard-Bricked Phone is impossible." or something would definitely help as it would give me a sense of peace around all the threads claiming that they can fix such said phones that are in the same working condition as a brick.

thank you for any help. :) :)
    @gobbler6000: Not to mention owning one of those devices is questionable legality, depending on where you are.

To be honest, after five years, it's not worth trying to resurrect a dead S4. Sell it for parts and purchase a newer device. Used devices should be easy to come by, and I'm sure you could get a good bargain that way.
    I have faced the same situation once and one of the blog has helped me that I have mentioned below.
    Link seems kinda scammy. It's also of no help to the OP. Besides the fact this thread is from last year, the OP's device was hard-bricked. Your link spends most of its bandwidth on soft-brick solutions, devoting only a single paragraph on hard bricks. That one paragraph on the page can be summed up in two words: you're screwed.