FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Ubuntu Touch Dual Boot on Any Device (I think?)

112 posts
Thanks Meter: 56

By rino757, Senior Member on 28th December 2013, 06:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th July 2018, 02:28 AM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
two errors while installing ubuntu on android for dual boot
Quote:
Originally Posted by miHah

Yes superuser is working fine. It seems to be some sort of a problem due to storage formated differently than Nexus 4?

EDIT: I manualy created /cache/system folder.. now installation went a bit further.. Image of error added.

Just want to know how you manually created /cache/system folder?

I am also getting the two errors.

1) /cache/system - No such file or directory
2)android-recovery.img is not a correct image.

Can u (anyone) please tell me how to solve these two errors while installing ubuntu on androiderrors pic

8th April 2019, 05:56 AM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Will this work on my HTC u ultra device? Thanks In advance!!!

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
8th April 2019, 10:12 AM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDane1

Will this work on my HTC u ultra device? Thanks In advance!!!

Most likely not, unless somebody has made Ubuntu touch to work with HTC. I would look and ask the guys over at ubport and become a part of their community. https://ubports.com.
They will be able to answer all your questions concerning dual boot and if it's possible on your device. If you want to boot up Linux inside android, with a desktop UI, you should check out UserLand app. They also have a slackgroup.
The Following User Says Thank You to toddvarg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift toddvarg Ad-Free
3rd May 2019, 12:26 AM |#94  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rino757

Hey guys!
For anyone who wants to try out the new Ubuntu Touch dual-boot, here's how (if your device isn't supported yet):

1. Download and install the attached apk.

2. Edit your build.prop (I recommend using an build.prop editor from the Play Store, but you can also do it manually)
Change the three original lines to look like this:
ro.product.model=Nexus 4
ro.product.device=mako
ro.product.manufacturer=LGE

3. Reboot into Ubuntu Touch!

Warning: I own an Optimus G, very similar to the Nexus 4. As devices vary, so will compatibility. There are no promises that it will work well for all devices and I take no responsibility if something goes wrong, though I'm willing to help out if it does.

Edit: Feel free to try on your device, but will work best/only on Nexus 4/Optimus G variants

I am trying to get the dual boot installer to work but it just says "no available channels" with the Install Ubuntu button disabled. I followed the steps on here along with the tutorial from the Ubuntu website exactly and I'm using a Nexus 4. It still doesn't work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)