THIS METHOD APPLYS TO:
- ONLY FOR PHONES THAT CAN BOOT INTO A CUSTOM RECOVERY CWM/TWRP
- USERS WHO CANT USE ODIN AND/OR KIES FOR WHATEVER REASON
- PHONES WITH A BAD USB PORT
- HAVE USB CONNECTIVITY ISSUES
- MAC USERS WITH A CUSTOM RECOVERY ALREADY INSTALLED.
- YOU ARE ON A CUSTOM ROM WITH USB PROBLEMS AND NEED TO RETURN TO STOCK FOR WARRANTY REPAIRS
- NOTE: USING THIS GUIDE TO RETURN TO STOCK WILL PERMANENTLY UNROOT THE PHONE, BUT CAN BE REROOTED AFTER IF NEEDED.
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for your devices, follow guide at your own risk!
READ THE WHOLE POST
HOW TO ENTER INTO RECOVERY MODE, INSTRUCTIONS HERE STEP #4
GUIDE PRESUMES YOU ALREADY KNOW HOW TO INSTALL/FLASH FILES FROM RECOVERY
YOU NEED TO HAVE ONE OF THE RECOMMENDED CUSTOM RECOVERIES ALREADY INSTALLED ON THE PHONE SUCH AS CWM OR TWRP, LINKS IN THE DOWNLOAD SECTION BELOW
IN THIS GUIDE YOU WILL BE INSTALLING THE STOCK FIRMWARE ZIP FILE
OPTIONAL: INSTALLING THE STOCK RECOVERY ZIP FILE ONLY IF YOU NEED TO RETURN FOR WARRANTY, OTHERWISE NOT RECOMMENDED TO INSTALL
GETTING THE STOCK FIRMWARE TO YOUR PHONE
OPTION 1: IF YOUR ABLE TO BOOT INTO ANY ROM:
- YOU HAVE A WORKING USB CONNECTION:
- Download the files and transfer the files from your computer to your internal or external sdcard
- YOU DONT HAVE A WORKING USB CONNECTION: USE EITHER METHOD "A" OR "B" OR "C":
- METHOD A: From the phone use xda app or browser and navigate to this page and download the files directly to your device from the links provided below, then move them to the root of your internal or external sdcard, it will make it easier to find.
- METHOD B: Use airdroid wirelwss appor kies air to transfer your files from your computer to your phone through your wifi connection and place them in the root of your internal or external sdcard
- METHOD C: use an external sdcard reader/writer or another phone that has a micro sdcard slot and transfer files from your computer to the root of the external sdcard, then insert the sdcard back into the phone.
OPTION 2: YOUR NOT ABLE TO BOOT BUT CAN GET INTO A CUSTOM RECOVERY: USE EITHER METHOD "A" OR "B":
- METHOD A: If usb port works: enable usb mount in custom recovery and transfer files to the root of your sdcard
- METHOD B: If usb port doesnt work: use an external sdcard reader/writer or another phone that has a micro sdcard slot and transfer files from your computer to the root of the external sdcard, then insert the sdcard back into the phone.
FLASHING THE FILES
ENTER INTO RECOVERY MODE
PERFORM A RESET AND WIPE BOTH CACHES
INSTALL THE STOCK FIRMWARE ZIP FILE
ONLY INSTALL THE STOCK FIRMWARE(NOT THE STOCK RECOVERY ZIP FILE) THEN REBOOT THE PHONE INTO ANDROID TO CHECK IF IT BOOTS PROPERLY
YOUR GOOD LIKE THIS IF YOU JUST WANTED STOCK BACK ON YOUR PHONE
STOCK RECOVERY: ONLY RECOMMENDED IF RETURNING FOR WARRANTY REPAIR AND NEED TO SHOW FULL STOCK
TO GET THE STOCK RECOVERY ZIP FILE ONTO THE SDCARD FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE FIRMWARE GUIDE ABOVE
ENTER INTO RECOVERY MODE
INSTALL THE STOCK RECOVERY ZIP FILE, ONCE YOU DO THIS YOU WILL LOSE THE CUSTOM RECOVERY
IF YOU CANT USE ODIN THERE IS NO WAY TO REINSTALL A CUSTOM RECOVERY ON THE SKYROCKET ONCE THE STOCK RECOVERY HAS BEEN INSTALLED.
REBOOT PHONE INTO RECOVERY TO SEE IF THE STOCK RECOVERY FLASHED PROPERLY.
MOVED TO THE 1STOP STICKY
USE CWM/TWRP FLASHABLE FIRMWARES
there is one thing i dont understand. normaly a specific firmware is necessary for each device isn't it? or can i just install the ones i find following the downloadlink on any device?
my phone is a Galaxy A3 (A320Fl) with a dead USB.