FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,461 posts
Thanks Meter: 28,569

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th May 2019, 03:55 AM |#29561  
Flag Ranaghat
Thanks Meter: 302

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

There are a few things going on which could impact the relationship between MiXplorer and QuickPic but without more detail from your case there would be no way to say they are related.

Could you clarify what you mean by "QuickPic gallery support"?

Specifically what actions result in what error? Log?

I'm not just nagging you to log and provide details for the sake of it. There really is a possible connection between what you are experiencing and and other issues.

It's that old issue. When an image is opened in QuickPic from Mixplorer, QuickPic shows the image name as some random characters, and it can't show previous/next image.

Here in the log, original image name is in line 30. And the weird name that QuickPic is showing, is in line 32.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Mixplorer Log Regarding QuickPic.txt - [Click for QR Code] (1.4 KB, 14 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NPriyo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NPriyo Ad-Free

5th May 2019, 03:58 AM |#29562  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
can someone please help change that disgusting white icon for.js file which name the custom item is supposed to have when I put it in the theme folder thanks
see screen shot
https://ibb.co/C50zpr2
5th May 2019, 04:29 AM |#29563  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 7,853

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPriyo

It's that old issue. When an image is opened in QuickPic from Mixplorer, QuickPic shows the image name as some random characters, and it can't show previous/next image.

Here in the log, original image name is in line 30. And the weird name that QuickPic is showing, is in line 32.

Got it and can reproduce with images and QuickPic. This is eerily similar to a Google restriction I've gone on about in previous posts but which MiXplorer has worked around until now. It's also similar to some reports about how files are opening into WPS Office.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
5th May 2019, 04:40 AM |#29564  
Flag Ranaghat
Thanks Meter: 302

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

Got it and can reproduce with images and QuickPic. This is eerily similar to a Google restriction I've gone on about in previous posts but which MiXplorer has worked around until now. It's also similar to some reports about how files are opening into WPS Office.

So fix expected in the near future?
5th May 2019, 05:17 AM |#29565  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

IDK. We must wait and see what HotanParsa says.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
5th May 2019, 07:09 AM |#29566  
日本
Thanks Meter: 4,058

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ale82to

... change that disgusting white icon for...

Here's a thought. Take a look at your posts in XDA; "I'm fed up with", "this is a nightmare", "I'm disgusted", "f**king" this or that, "disgusting icon", plenty of "jesus christ" for added emphasis, etc. All referring to the software developers give for free and work on their own time, and you use.

Same as on their own time, people posting on threads like this one help others. So... Yeah, give it a thought. And please don't reply, specially if you plan on insulting or cursing.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Ultramanoid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ultramanoid Ad-Free
5th May 2019, 07:32 AM |#29567  
Thanks Meter: 731

More
Quote:

Hi, I do not think this is possible at all. Since android 6.0 Google has introduced a new secure way to share file between apps. Before 6.0 sharing files used the file:/// URI but this was potentially dangerous. Now developers have to use the new Android File provider that handles the uri via content:// this means that the real file path is hidden for avoiding malicious use and for security reasons.
Read this
https://developer.android.com/refere...t/FileProvider

If you want to open an image from mix to see it in others viewers you can always do it but you cannot go previous next from that shared image because it is not handled by the target viewer since it is shared via content:// uri with an hidden path. So in this case it is not a bug neither from mix side nor from quick pic.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to simonbellu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simonbellu Ad-Free
5th May 2019, 09:53 AM |#29568  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbellu

Hi, I do not think this is possible at all. Since android 6.0 Google has introduced a new secure way to share file between apps. Before 6.0 sharing files used the file:/// URI but this was potentially dangerous. Now developers have to use the new Android File provider that handles the uri via content:// this means that the real file path is hidden for avoiding malicious use and for security reasons.
Read this
https://developer.android.com/refere...t/FileProvider

If you want to open an image from mix to see it in others viewers you can always do it but you cannot go previous next from that shared image because it is not handled by the target viewer since it is shared via content:// uri with an hidden path. So in this case it is not a bug neither from mix side nor from quick pic.

That is the same Google restriction I mentioned (which is affecting Tasker) and which HP at one time seemed to think could be worked around. So far each time that door has closed HP managed to keep it opened, and even once stated intentions to keep it open but maybe that cannot be done anymore. FWIW, Total Commander still manages to work around it. IDK if TC has just been slow to conform to Google's rules or if any workaround are allowable in any cases.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
5th May 2019, 03:31 PM |#29569  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Hi, could anybody please help me with batch renaming?

Example:
I want 4 images named like this:

image01.jpg
image02.jpg
image03.jpg
image04.jpg

I set name to "image" and incremental number Format to "%02d".

Result:
image.jpg
image01.jpg
image02.jpg
image03.jpg

MiXplorer starts to count from 2nd file. I want MiXplorer counting from first file.

Any idea?

(And btw: What does the letter "d" mean in that incremental number format?)
5th May 2019, 04:14 PM |#29570  
Thanks Meter: 731

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsch

Hi, could anybody please help me with batch renaming?

Example:
I want 4 images named like this:

image01.jpg
image02.jpg
image03.jpg
image04.jpg

I set name to "image" and incremental number Format to "%02d".

Result:
image.jpg
image01.jpg
image02.jpg
image03.jpg

MiXplorer starts to count from 2nd file. I want MiXplorer counting from first file.

Any idea?

(And btw: What does the letter "d" mean in that incremental number format?)

Hi, the "d" means "digits" see this answer from the developer to my post here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...691&p=78037411

For your question try this (but I am not sure it will works over more than 10 files)
I have not tested.

You have to select all your file then choose "full name" option (not name) and type the name and extension too. To me it works See picture with batch rename preview on 2 files.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190505-170809_MiXplorer.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	4753843  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to simonbellu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simonbellu Ad-Free
5th May 2019, 04:25 PM |#29571  
Thanks Meter: 456

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbellu

Hi, the "d" means "digits" see this answer from the developer to my post here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...691&p=78037411

For your question try this (but I am not sure it will works over more than 10 files)
I have not tested.

You have to select all your file then choose "full name" option (not name) and type the name and extension too. To me it works See picture with batch rename preview on 2 files.

Actually the d indicates integers (non-decimal numbers), not "digits".
f is float (decimals).
s is string.
c is character.
Etc.
(Put simply, more or less)

The number of digits is the number next to the percentage.

Sent from my BLU Grand M using XDA Labs
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bludwurst For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bludwurst Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)