[APP][4.0.3+] QuickEdit Text Editor

Search This thread

ashish0304

Feb 10, 2011
If you manually choose Go in syntax dialog, will it highlight?

The syntax is automatically detected from file extension, maybe when you open the file, the file name does not contain file extension.

File has .go as extension. In syntax, it is selected as go. I'm attaching screenshot:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190504-154143.png
    Screenshot_20190504-154143.png
    214.7 KB · Views: 62

mokmor

Mar 17, 2012
Samsung clipboard do not work...

Hello!
Why does the System method "select and edit" not work?
There is no way to open the system Clipboard.
When you click on the Clipboard icon on the keyboard nothing happens. But in other text editors opens a buffer (clipboard), where you can select any of the previously copied text.
Keyboard Samsung v. 1.0.92.
Android version 6.0.1.
Device SM-N910C (Galaxy Note 4).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190505-173420.jpg
    Screenshot_20190505-173420.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 220
  • Screenshot_20190505-173634.jpg
    Screenshot_20190505-173634.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 220
  • Screenshot_20190505-173519.jpg
    Screenshot_20190505-173519.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

gdgsdg123

Nov 10, 2017
Hello!
Why does the System method "select and edit" not work?
There is no way to open the system Clipboard.
When you click on the Clipboard icon on the keyboard nothing happens. But in other text editors opens a buffer (clipboard), where you can select any of the previously copied text.
Keyboard Samsung v. 1.0.92.
Android version 6.0.1.
Device SM-N910C (Galaxy Note 4).
Maybe related to an in-app setting: "Settings" -> "Input Method" -> "Show Suggestion"

mokmor

Mar 17, 2012
Maybe related to an in-app setting: "Settings" -> "Input Method" -> "Show Suggestion"
Are you serious? Facepalm...
No. This option does not allow access to the Clipboard. The author knows perfectly well that the problem is at the source code level. For some reason, it was decided to implement the internal "select-copy-paste" mechanism. What for? It would be logical to make a setting with the choice of which method "select-copy-paste" to use: Built-in to the application or system.
This problem is present in all such open source editors on GitHub. In 920 Text Editor and DroidEdit is the same problem. This leads to the idea that the developers are using the same ready-made code, and do not even think about usability.
Should be like in Turbo Editor for example - on the last screenshot. This is the System context menu "Select-Copy-Paste".
P.S.: The rest of the functionality at a good level, works well with large files, saves in system directories without problems.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190507-055723.jpg
    Screenshot_20190507-055723.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Screenshot_20190507-055741.jpg
    Screenshot_20190507-055741.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_20190507-055809.jpg
    Screenshot_20190507-055809.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_20190507-064452.jpg
    Screenshot_20190507-064452.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

gdgsdg123

Nov 10, 2017
For some reason, it was decided to implement the internal "select-copy-paste" mechanism. What for? It would be logical to make a setting with the choice of which method "select-copy-paste" to use: Built-in to the application or system.
This problem is present in all such open source editors on GitHub. In 920 Text Editor and DroidEdit is the same problem. This leads to the idea that the developers are using the same ready-made code, and do not even think about usability.
Should be like in Turbo Editor for example - on the last screenshot. This is the System context menu "Select-Copy-Paste".
So... you are actually talking about the in-app long-tap context menu?

mokmor

Mar 17, 2012
So... you are actually talking about the in-app long-tap context menu?
I don't understand what you want? Are you a developer? Can you help by making changes to the new versions? Can you modify the application? No?
I came here to contact the developers on the "Leave Feedback" button from the application.
I answer your question: I am talking about the mechanism of the Commands "select", "Copy", "Cut", "paste". Here in the application, their work is implemented by built-in application resources.
You can call these commands as a long press, so double-clicking on the text. And in both cases there is a built-in "select-copy-paste" mechanism. I can't work with the system keyboard clipboard, I can't open it.
Read carefully my previous posts.
Here you can work with only one copied fragment of text (code).
But for example on Samsung devices (and this is still the leader in the number of sold devices in the world, and its users most of all in comparison with any other brand on Android) is possible to call the Clipboard and choose any of more than 20th ! previously Copied (frequently used) fragments of text (code).
We'll finish this conversation.
I am asking for help from the application developers.

rhmsoft

Oct 8, 2014
Irvine
rhmsoft.com
Are you serious? Facepalm...
No. This option does not allow access to the Clipboard. The author knows perfectly well that the problem is at the source code level. For some reason, it was decided to implement the internal "select-copy-paste" mechanism. What for? It would be logical to make a setting with the choice of which method "select-copy-paste" to use: Built-in to the application or system.
P.S.: The rest of the functionality at a good level, works well with large files, saves in system directories without problems.

Currently Samsung Clipboard only works on Samsung devices and Samsung customized TextView class. It won't work on my customized editor view(created from scratch). Currently I have no solution for this.

You can only rely on Android clipboard to copy/paste text, one for each time. The clipboard manager used in Samsung Keyboard cannot work with QuickEdit app. The Clipboard feature on Samsung devices seems not able to be supported by 3rd party apps since they do not have any documentation related to it. Some editor may support this feature because they are using Android default TextView(including Samsung modification), but that TextView is bad on performance.

I hope I clarified the question. Thanks.

Last edited:

mokmor

Mar 17, 2012
Some editor may support this feature because they are using Android default TextView(including Samsung modification), but that TextView is bad on performance.

Yes, now I understand the reason.
Thanks for the explanation.
Indeed the same Turbo Editor can use the clipboard Samsung, but poorly works with large data (text/code) volume.

Then another offer to you by, if interesting:
Is it possible to display special tab characters, such as spaces, hyphens, indents?
See the screenshot (like at 920 Text Editor from GitHub).

Last edited:
Reactions: grossdm

maple3142

Apr 26, 2017
When I wanted to save file with root permission, an error occurred.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190511-104437_QuickEdit.png
    Screenshot_20190511-104437_QuickEdit.png
    81.4 KB · Views: 91

rhmsoft

Oct 8, 2014
Irvine
rhmsoft.com
When I wanted to save file with root permission, an error occurred.

Did this problem happen on latest release 1.4.5? Did it happen on previous versions? As @jcmm11 said, could you have a try to open file from QuickEdit instead of other file management app to have a try?

Please contact me using support@rhmsoft.com, I need more information. Thanks.

Last edited:

jcmm11

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I think the uri provided by MiXplorer may not be correct. Could you use another file management app to have a try?
Reported in Mixplorer thread https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1523691&p=79507998
There's 2 internal Mixplorer logs attached to that post that will show the URIs. 1 log for a good save, in /sdcard/, the other for a bad save in /data/local/

If you want/need anything else let me know, but I really think this is on Mixplorer. (But I could be wrong). Easy enough to install and try for yourself (it is a great file explorer)

agnostic-apollo

Jun 2, 2015
Currently Samsung Clipboard only works on Samsung devices and Samsung customized TextView class. It won't work on my customized editor view(created from scratch). Currently I have no solution for this.

You can only rely on Android clipboard to copy/paste text, one for each time. The clipboard manager used in Samsung Keyboard cannot work with QuickEdit app. The Clipboard feature on Samsung devices seems not able to be supported by 3rd party apps since they do not have any documentation related to it. Some editor may support this feature because they are using Android default TextView(including Samsung modification), but that TextView is bad on performance.

1) But if a normal edittext field can be opened outside your "text space", wouldn't that work? Like create a Advance Paste option in which a prompt is shown with a normal edittext field in which you can type a text or paste from your clipboard after long holding, when the user presses ok, you paste the text in your "text space".... this is how bVNC free does it to send text over vnc, screenshot attached... I would like this feature added too, i have an LG phone which also provides a clipboard and would be great to have it work with your app...

2) The accessory keyboard needs to have arrow keys, its really time consuming otherwise to move a couple a spaces forward and back...it should also be customizable so everyone can set his own but that would take a bit more time to write code for... termux has that, screenshot attached...

3) Didn't get a response for my email regarding files that are opened with root, if they are updated in the background, its not detected by the quickedit app, the refresh prompt is not shown.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-15-20-57-41.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-15-20-57-41.png
    118.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_2019-05-15-20-52-38.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-15-20-52-38.png
    200.1 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: gdgsdg123

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    Is there a way to backup the apps settings, such as theme, storage manager sources etc.

Have I missed it somewhere?

If there isn't it would be great if this functionality could be added please.

Thanks.
    I use Swift Backup (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.swiftapps.swiftbackup) but it needs root permission to work.
    Hi,
    Is there a way to backup the apps settings, such as theme, storage manager sources etc.

Have I missed it somewhere?

If there isn't it would be great if this functionality could be added please.

Thanks.
    There is no backup feature in current version. I thought there are not many settings need to be retained. But I will consider this in future releases.
    The license is bound to your Google account, you can use it forever for that account, on unlimited devices.

What do you mean by removing a tab? You can use "Close" menu item from file category to close current tab. The tab itself is too small and not big enough for a close icon inside the tab.
    rhmsoft . . . Yes I finally figured out what the ‘X’ means! I was thrilled to be able to remove about 10 tabs that had accumulated. Is this App just the greatest or what?! Do you know I think this is the first Android app I have ever used that just aces the ability for the user to flawlessly select text, even when it is jammed up against the left edge of the screen. Editing has never been this >accurate. It’s just a little treasure. :)

As for licensing I am bombarded with ads on both of my other phones (for whatever reason) so I’m getting licenses for both of my other phones. I don’t mind if they are supposed to be registered as well; consider it an act of love for what is quickly becoming my most indispensable app. I do wish we could have a yellow background and control over the color of the current line . . .
    Hello, I post this three months ago but seems no one noticed...

Preconditions:
    I can use my tablet (Lenovo M9) only with gesturing navigation because nav buttons are awful.
    Folder Drawing called by pulling from the right edge.
    Problem:
    Android interprets pulling from the right edge as BACK ACTION. So it's almost impossible get the Folder Drawing.
    Possible solution:
    Add some button(menu item?) to open Folder Drawing by tapping.

Thanks.

Maybe I'm not understanding correctly, but if you tap the folder menu icon at the top, you can select "Open" to get the full directory listing to select folders and files.
    What's wrong with the current rendering?
    It always takes up the full width. That's not how tab works.
    Introduction

I have made an advanced text editor on Android - QuickEdit Text Editor.
    It includes a lot of optimization on performance and user experience, the speed and feedback is much better than current published text editor apps on Google Play.
    Since this app is mainly for developers. I think it is very suitable to introduce it in this forum. Please download and have a try.

Download

Download it directly from Google Play:

QR Code:

If there is any problem with Google Play, you can also review and download it from my website:
    http://rhmsoft.com/?p=283

Features

* Enhanced notepad application with numerous improvements.
    * Code editor and highlight syntax for more than 40 different programming languages.
    * High performance and real time feedback on large text files (more than 10,000 lines).
    * Show and hide line numbers.
    * Undo and redo modifications without limit.
    * Display, increase and decrease line indents.
    * Fast selection and editing.
    * Smooth scroll in both vertical and horizontal direction.
    * Directly goto specified line number.
    * Quickly search and replace.
    * Easily input color hex.
    * Automatically detect character encoding.
    * Open file from recent opened and added files.
    * Support both light and dark theme.
    * Optimized for both phone and tablet.

Supported Programming Languages

Assembly (AGC/AEA), AutoIt, Bash, Basic, C, C#, C++, CSS, Clojure, Dart, Elixir, Erlang, F#, Fortran, Go, HTML, Haskell, Java, JavaScript, Kotlin, LLVM, LaTeX, Lisp, Logcat, Lua, Makefile, Matlab, Mumps, Nemerle, OCaml, PHP, Pascal, PowerShell, Protocol Buffers, Python, R, R Documentation, Ruby, Rust, S, Smali, SML, SQL, Scala, Swift, TCL, VBScript, VHDL '93, Visual Basic, Wiki, XML, XQuery, YAML.

Supported Application Languages

English, Arabic, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, Estonian, German, Greek, French, Hungarian, Italian, Lithuanian, Japanese, Korean, Bahasa Indonesia, Persian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, Slovak, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, European Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.

Snapshots

All snapshots have been re-sized and compressed to save your bandwidth.

10 inch tablet landscape(Nexus 10):

10-1.png

10-2.png

8 inch tablet portrait(LG G Pad 8.3):

7-1.png
    7-2.png

5 inch phone portrait(Nexus 5):

1.png
    2.png
    5.png

3.png
    4.png
    6.png

Promo Video

Feedback

Please leave your comment or request in this thread directly. I will visit and reply regularly.
    Also you can send any suggestion to my support email: support@rhmsoft.com.
    Thanks for your support! Enjoy it!

XDA:DevDB Information
    QuickEdit Text Editor, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
    rhmsoft

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.1.2
    Stable Release Date: 2016-03-30

Created 2014-10-18
    Last Updated 2016-03-31
    Change History

Please refer to following page:

https://rhmsoft.com/qedit/changelog.html
    I have converted this thread to DevDB project.

If you have bug report or feature request, you can also post them in associated tab of this project.

Thanks for using!
    Status Update

I spent a lot of time to develop a new material designed music player in recent months, which is why QuickEdit has not been updated.
    Now this music player is finished, here is the link to it in xda-developers: http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-pulsar-music-player-t3197336
    It is named Pulsar Music Player. Please download and have a try!

So I have more time to maintain QuickEdit now. There are lots of features in plan, and also some bugs. They will be released and fixed in future releases soon.:) Thanks.
    Best Editor App, been using it...
    keep up the good work :)